PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL QB Rankings (looking toward 2023)

He's fun to watch. He's going to deservedly get PAID next season...hopefully not in Miami.
Paid by Baltimore, only. If they were smart, they'd guarantee more of that money they offered to get him to sign now...

but if they don't, they will tag him over the next two season if a deal can't be reached... in 2025 he can walk into free agency without having to worry about the cap for the rest of his career...

Paid by Baltimore, only. If they were smart, they'd guarantee more of that money they offered to get him to sign now...

but if they don't, they will tag him over the next two season if a deal can't be reached... in 2025 he can walk into free agency without having to worry about the cap for the rest of his career...

Well, I think the issue is that Lamar wants 100% fully guaranteed $, which Baltimore is not going to do. So even if they offer more guaranteed money, unless it's 100%, Lamar is not going to sign an extension.

Well, I think the issue is that Lamar wants 100% fully guaranteed $, which Baltimore is not going to do. So even if they offer more guaranteed money, unless it's 100%, Lamar is not going to sign an extension.
Yeah. That is exactly the issue. The guarantee in the deal.

But that doesn't stop them from tagging him. Figure they will tag him twice, not the third time. So the earliest he hits free agency would be 2025.

He probably could have been a player BB could have built a team around. The fact that we got Michel and Wynn instead dosent help

He probably could have been a player BB could have built a team around. The fact that we got Michel and Wynn instead dosent help

I wonder if Kraft ordered Belichick in 2018 to keep building around Brady and as a result BB didn't even bother scouting QBs...if so it was a colossal blunder. You had a 41 year old QB and a talented QB just sitting there at #31....

I wonder if Kraft ordered Belichick in 2018 to keep building around Brady and as a result BB didn't even bother scouting QBs...if so it was a colossal blunder. You had a 41 year old QB and a talented QB just sitting there at #31....
Possible. But then again BB likes smart players. TB -33 on the Wonderlic. LJ - 13...and he cant really pass

Then again the Wonderlic isnt everything - see Blaine Gabbert.

I don't know why people still don't believe in Lamar.
Most people dont know what they're looking at. He's improved on his deep passes. Always been one of the better MOF passers. Always been efficient and productive from the pocket. I mean he passed for almost 65 TD his two real years starting. All the stats I posted above aren't lying.
He is one of, if not the most, dangerous players in the whole league and he wins games.
QB wins aren't a stat but for years Pats fans touted them like they were gold. They are telling and there's not a QB responsible for more wins than Lamar. That's a lottery team without him.
I think if they shore up that defense they can make a run in the AFC.
I don't like Balty but since his MVP season they've been injured, beat up and undisciplined. Especially the OL it's been a problem for a while now. It would be scary if he didn't have to carry them and they fielded a good defense.

Rather have a stud QB for the next 15 years than a dinosaur who's about to retire. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.
whoa now, easy on the dinosaur talk. I'm with you on the missed opportunity to draft Jackson but Brady was no 2015 Peyton manning. I also think he's done alright for himself since 2019.

That would have been an odd thing for Kraft to do when just a year latter he was ok with letting Brady walk (for nothing). Word is McDaniels wanted Jackson but Belichick preferred his plan instead... Sony Michel at 31 and Danny Etling as a dart throw in the 7th. Michel turned out to be as ordinary as they come and Etling never sniffed an NFL snap.

I'm not a big fan of LJ.

I think he still has a lot of room to improve as a pocket QB.
I think perhaps you're nitpicking to hold onto a take. Whatever deficiencies Jackson has as a pocket QB (which probably aren't even that significant), he's making up for in other ways.

I think perhaps you're nitpicking to hold onto a take. Whatever deficiencies Jackson has as a pocket QB (which probably aren't even that significant), he's making up for in other ways.
No, I'm not. Hes an average pocket/passing QB. It's obvious and significant.

I don't like Jackson (that style of QB play frustrates the hell out of me from the opposite side) but I'd say he's the early favorite for MVP, so he has to be #1.
2. Josh Allen
3. Tom Brady (doing well considering the absurd amount of injuries on that offense. they're 4-0 if not for WRs fumbling everywhere)
4. Rodgers
5. Herbert (I know he sucked last week but played with cracked ribs)
6. Mahomes (he obviously doesn't suck, but man, he's thrown INTs this year that consistently get dropped or called back. I still believe Hill was MVP of that offense who bailed them out constantly, including for a SB and a few other playoff games)
7. Burrow (rough start to the year but I know he's better).

Last edited:
No, I'm not. Hes an average pocket/passing QB. It's obvious and significant.
Then why is he leading the league in RTG, TDs, & #2 in QBR. NVM about the advanced stats that @BaconGrundleCandy posted. Dude is killing it. Not sure what it is you want him to do.

Then why is he leading the league in RTG, TDs, & #2 in QBR. NVM about the advanced stats that @BaconGrundleCandy posted. Dude is killing it. Not sure what it is you want him to do.
I don't want him to do anything. It's an assessment based on the type of player he is. Do you believe he is the same tier of passer as Mahomes, Burrow, Brady, Allen, Stafford, Hebert, etc?

People don't want to give up on their takes from when he was coming out. Ask yourself how many times you've read "I was wrong" on here. Just doesn't happen and people were wildly wrong about Jackson. Remember the "hes a WR" talk!! Guy has been an MVP or MVP candidate when he's on the field but some pro level people thought he was a gadget player.

The next thing is aesthetics and looks. People here have watched Brady and Bledsoe for 30 years so Lamar is a shock in more ways than one. That's a big factor. People are creatures of habit and Lamar ain't what they're used to.

I'm sure I could go with more but lastly none of these posters know the first thing about the Ravens offense and what Jackson is tasked with accomplishing. I mean I've been here for a few years and I hear very little about our own X & O's so again people here don't really know what they're talking about. They pick up narratives based on previous beliefs and squeeze them like they're trying to get water out of a rock.

Do you believe he is the same tier of passer as Mahomes, Burrow, Brady, Allen, Stafford, Hebert, etc?

I don' t think he's quite there yet, but he's looked like he's improved as a pocket passer this season

Go back to that draft. No one had thoughts that Lamar Jackson would be the QB he is today. A team was reportedly thinking of him as a DB. Even playing in his first year, people thought he'd be injured.

I don' t think he's quite there yet, but he's looked like he's improved as a pocket passer this season
I'm letting the season play out before changing my assessment. ~2/5ths of his yards, catches and targets are to one player.

Go back to that draft. No one had thoughts that Lamar Jackson would be the QB he is today. A team was reportedly thinking of him as a DB. Even playing in his first year, people thought he'd be injured.

Well the Ravens obviously thought something of him...and kudos to them for drafting him.

The Patriots scouted him pretty heavily at the time, and there were certainly a lot of rumors around us taking him. He even came here for a pre-draft visit. My guess is the team expected Brady to retire here which is an odd expectation, given they refused to sign him to a long term deal at that point.

Most people dont know what they're looking at. He's improved on his deep passes. Always been one of the better MOF passers. Always been efficient and productive from the pocket. I mean he passed for almost 65 TD his two real years starting. All the stats I posted above aren't lying.

QB wins aren't a stat but for years Pats fans touted them like they were gold. They are telling and there's not a QB responsible for more wins than Lamar. That's a lottery team without him.

I don't like Balty but since his MVP season they've been injured, beat up and undisciplined. Especially the OL it's been a problem for a while now. It would be scary if he didn't have to carry them and they fielded a good defense.
This is my thing. There is no position in team sports more responsible for wins and losses than the quarterback. He has had a pretty pedestrian cast around him and I think he elevates their play to some extent. I like Lamar and I think he landed in a great spot in Baltimore (although I despise the Ravens) because they were willing to build around his skillset and I don't think a lot of organizations would do that. You see too many of these hardo coaches with their "my way or the highway" crap and they try and put a round peg in a square hole and before you know it both the player and coach are out of a job.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back