PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kravitz: "Despite issues, team's pride shines in defeat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game. I wonder if you did. The colts didn't score in the third quarter and only one touchdown in the fourth quarter had anything to do with peyton. The other TD was the Rivers fumble. If one TD in a half after
six interceptions in the game is your definition of an excelent half of football
by Peyton, I wish him many more excelent halfs.

No, 6 INT's is not a definition of an excellent half of football. Too bad I'm talking about the half where 5 of those did NOT occur.

I know you hate Manning, but there is no reason to dumb down to try to slag him.

No, 6 INT's is not a definition of an excellent half of football. Too bad I'm talking about the half where 5 of those did NOT occur.

I know you hate Manning, but there is no reason to dumb down to try to slag him.

He threw two in the "great" half you are talking about.

Lets make it simple for you. Is one TD in a half of football excelent? If so what superlative would you apply to Brady's three TDs in the second half of the Colts vs Pats Nov 4th?

Yeah, I must have missed the excellent half of football.

I remember the following in the second half:

1) Drive that ends in a pick.
2) Nice drive. Best of the game.
3) Drive starts promising, can't sustain. Punt.
4) Despite getting set up with excellent field position on Colts 45, and getting into the red zone, stalls in the red zone and can't get the winning TD. Leaves things to chance by leaving time on the clock and relying on a kicker.
5) Ends half like he started it -- with an interception.

Second Half stats were 15-26, 1 TD, 2 INT, 161 Yards.

All this for whopping (hold your breath) second half quarterback rating of 56.73! Wowie zowie, what a demigod.

For the record, you could look it, but I don't think Brady has had a single half this year with under 56.73 QB rating, including in the games where the team had a big lead. Even in the first half of the Indy game -- his worst half of the year -- he had a QB rating of 71.8. So Peyton's brilliant second half last night wasn't even as good as a single one of Brady's 18 halves this year.

Next.

Last edited:
Lets make it simple for you. Is one TD in a half of football excelent? If so what superlative would you apply to Brady's three TDs in the second half of the Colts vs Pats Nov 4th?

Well....IF I judged QB play by TD's only (and do you do that? That would be interesting...), I'd say that TB had a better half than PM.

Peyton did a good job in overcoming some horrific play last night to drive his team well in the 2nd half & into scoring position enough that they should have gotten a win. I'm not saying he had an amazing game, or that he's god, or anything outside of that. He played a good half of football in the 2nd half; that's all.

But you guys hate him so much that you can't even admit that. You'd rather tear him down, and have him viewed as an average QB, so there is NO doubt whatsoever about the all-time supremacy & holiness that is Tom Brady (who, btw, I think has a chance to go down as the greatest of all time).

It's ridiculous.

Well....IF I judged QB play by TD's only (and do you do that? That would be interesting...), I'd say that TB had a better half than PM.

[snip]

But you guys hate him so much that you can't even admit that. You'd rather tear him down, and have him viewed as an average QB, so there is NO doubt whatsoever about the all-time supremacy & holiness that is Tom Brady (who, btw, I think has a chance to go down as the greatest of all time).

Judged by any standard, Manning did not have a great or even good half. He had a 56 QB rating. He was in the game because his opponents did not score for 40 minutes.

Peyton Manning is a hall of fame quarterback with impressive stats, the single season TD record, and a super bowl championship. I don't think anyone serious here has ever suggested he is an "average" quarterback.

I think many here have been saying for a long time that the Manning v. Brady debate would look a heck of a lot different if Brady had the same weapons to throw to, and many are surprised that only Patriots fans seem to have noticed this until very (and I mean VERY) recently. So many of us find it quite staggering that Manning gets all this verbal stroking for LOSING A GAME while Brady is lighting the world on fire now that he has some actual weapons. If you can't see how you reinforce that when you come here to lecture us how a guy that had a second half QB rating of 56 had an excellent half, you're never going to understand. You don't want to understand.

If Manning had been excellent in the second half last night, his team would have won. Should have won. Heck, if he'd been just plain good his team would have won.

It's a legitimate debate whether that's because of the Charger's ineptness or the Colts great defense. Whatever you think, it has little to do with Manning.

Colts didn't deserve to win period but neither did the Chargers, too bad the game didn't end in a Tie that would have been justice for both teams. I don't understand how the colts playing as bad as they did and yet still could have won on a chip shot FG, that must mean the Chargers really suck...

Peyton did a good job in overcoming some horrific play last night to drive his team well in the 2nd half & into scoring position enough that they should have gotten a win. I'm not saying he had an amazing game, or that he's god, or anything outside of that. He played a good half of football in the 2nd half; that's all.

It's ridiculous.

Now it is a good [not excelent] half. I think Peyton is a great QB (I don't think he is great in clutch situations). I like the Colts Defense this year. Their special teams are suspect.

What I really don't like is that you and the Mediots give him a pass(no pun intended) on a day when his performance was just poor. Everytime I hear "HERORIC" used to describe his performance in the Colts Chargers game, I am mystified. And if points and wins aren't important then what is important when you judge a QB's performance. Please don't say QB rating or Yards or Completions or a Chance to win.

Last edited:
That shows the difference between these two teams. There's no such thing as a moral victory for the Patriots, it's either a W or a L.

Well said. And even when they get the W, the Pats still serve up the humble pie. Patting one selves on the back in a loss? Pathetic. Kravitz should go cover 3rd grade recreational soccer or something, what a friggin candy ass.

I think Kravitz was on EEI last week. He's a real piece [of shyt].

Can you Colts fans stop with the "we should have won that game" argument? They could have won the game. There is a very distinct difference.

You know what's amazing?? There's lots of folks in the Colt organization who don't buy this media crap about Manning.
They have to live with Me First and Me First's overbearing Daddy 24/7.:violent:

Colts didn't deserve to win period but neither did the Chargers, too bad the game didn't end in a Tie that would have been justice for both teams. I don't understand how the colts playing as bad as they did and yet still could have won on a chip shot FG, that must mean the Chargers really suck...

Its too bad the refs can't meet after the game and award a loss to both teams. That would have been a just outcome.

I wonder what the 'moral victory' standings look like? Colts must have home field locked up by now.

Those clowns may not even get a bye - they may be going to snowy Pittsburgh right about the time the Patriots are mopping up the lowly Titans or Chargers.

must remember ..work horse good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing