PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

Krafts Have a Decision To Make on GM

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame Member Patriots in Twilight Zone
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Remember when NEM wanted to trade for David Boston?
NEM was kind of right about Josh McDaniels the coach ... RIP New England Mike.

Speaking of McDaniels ... my tea leaves are speaking ... Bill stays and McDaniels
is brought aboard in front office advisory capacity operating along with or under Matt Groh.
Crazy .... sure ... but I just do not see Bill leaving ... He needs to take back the locker room and he
has already started ... the draft and cap space he will use to get it back ... if he left I think the only job he would take is NY Giants coach.

Last edited:

Jim Beankie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
It starts at the top. Jonathan needs to replace his dad…violently if necessary. Then the GM search should start.
I know this is unpopular, but given the unprecedented and won't every be replicated success in the NFL over the last 2 decades, I am totally fine with BB and RKK falling slowly in the current poopstorm that they're currently in. I'll be psyched if the Pats ever win another SB in my lifetime, and I'm theoretically well past halfway.

cmasspatsfan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reactions
I know this is unpopular, but given the unprecedented and won't every be replicated success in the NFL over the last 2 decades, I am totally fine with BB and RKK falling slowly in the current poopstorm that they're currently in. I'll be psyched if the Pats ever win another SB in my lifetime, and I'm theoretically well past halfway.
A lot of people said that after 4 then 5 then 6, but changed their minds, they want another one soon. As a football fan starting in 1970 the last 20 years were just unbelievable, I'd like to see them competitive again and go deep in the playoffs, but I can't complain. I watched every game I could starting back then and never dreamed they would win multiple super bowls. I think the Kraft's will right the ship and be competitive again and soon no matter how they do it.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame Member Patriots in Twilight Zone
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
It starts at the top. Jonathan needs to replace his dad…violently if necessary. Then the GM search should start.
200.gif

mike_usagisan

Staff member
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Yep. I’m disappointed, but not really raving mad. We had more success than I ever dreamt and I’m so glad I got to be a fan at the right time for it. If the payment for that is watching Mac keep his job too long and/or Bill keep his job too long, so be it.

Zuma

Hall of Fame Benchwarmer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Yep. I’m disappointed, but not really raving mad. We had more success than I ever dreamt and I’m so glad I got to be a fan at the right time for it. If the payment for that is watching Mac keep his job too long and/or Bill keep his job too long, so be it.
And that’s ok if they are competitive. Play mistake free…often. But….

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
OK, enough for me.

Perhaps, I'll listen to you after the season, but not with the views you state. I don't need that.

Kraft saved this franchise, kept it here, and gave us 30 years of the best franchise the sport has ever scene. He is already a figurehead. Jonathan runs the show. But that isn't the point. They own the team. They can hire who they wish. There are 31 teams to follow if we don't like what they have brough us over the years, and yes over the post- Brady years where we were in the playoff hunt in every year until this one.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
And that’s ok if they are competitive. Play mistake free…often. But….
OK, you want a mistake free team or else.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. We have never been that team.

If you think that we were with Brady, fine. Also, don't let the door hit you on the way out, Brady isn't coming back.

Wozzy

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
They have a decision to make on Belichick, if they haven't decided already.

If he stays, they aren't changing anything in the personnel department.

If he goes, they still may not change anything besides giving Groh the GM title.

They may also make a clean sweep and start over.

Either way they need a QB in the first round.

If their dumb idea is fire BB and make Mac a reclamation project... it's doomed to fail.

He was never the answer, and nobody "ruined" him. He's just a flawed prospect... there's been a million.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
If their dumb idea is fire BB and make Mac a reclamation project... it's doomed to fail.

He was never the answer, and nobody "ruined" him. He's just a flawed prospect... there's been a million.
You have it backwards.

Belichick COULD be allowed to stay to prove that Mac can lead this team.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
I'm sure that Jonathan has feelers out, but a new GM may not come until February.

IMO, there is ZERO chance of Belichick staying if there is a new GM. If the team needs a transitional coach, we can have one in Mayo or BOB.
====================
BTW, my vote is to bring someone back at GM who knows the team, make BOB coach, and bring back Josh as OC.

Last edited:

FCB02062

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
Now some have actually gone to Bill can't coach and never could, my God, I knew there would be bad years and some people wouldn't be able to take it but Holy smokes, some of you guys are out of your minds.
Could Tom Landy Coach? He went 3-13 one year.
Tom Landry won playoff games after Roger Staubach was no longer a Dallas Cowboy; he won a playoff game before Roger Staubach. Bill Belichick has nothing but a playoff embarrassment after Tom Brady was no longer a Patriot. Landry also won a playoff games with Staubachs backup in 1970 and 1972.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
They have a decision to make on Belichick, if they haven't decided already.

If he stays, they aren't changing anything in the personnel department.

If he goes, they still may not change anything besides giving Groh the GM title.

They may also make a clean sweep and start over.

Either way they need a QB in the first round.

We "need" a QB in the first round? So? If we don't get the first two, maybe a QB won't be drafted in the first just because we need one.

cmasspatsfan

Reactions
Tom Landry won playoff games after Roger Staubach was no longer a Dallas Cowboy; he won a playoff game before Roger Staubach. Bill Belichick has nothing but a playoff embarrassment after Tom Brady was no longer a Patriot. Landry also won a playoff games with Staubachs backup in 1970 and 1972.
He also went 3-13, not arguing your other points, fact is, great coaches can have bad years, I know we didn't think so after 20 years but it happens, doesn't mean he isn't a great coach. His shelf life might just be up, that's all.

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I'm sure that Jonathan has feelers out, but a new GM may not come until February.

IMO, there is ZERO chance of Belichick staying if there is a new GM. If the team needs a transitional coach, we can have one in Mayo or BOB.
====================
BTW, my vote is to bring someone back at GM who know the team, make BOB coach, and bring back Josh as OC.
That's crazy. Those two are from Bill's coaching tree. Proven failures.

Need all new blood. Zero relationship with Bill.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
That's crazy. Those two are from Bill's coaching tree. Proven failures.

Need all new blood. Zero relationship with Bill.
If we want a different dynasty from that of Kraft, then I suggest choosing a new team. I don't think that Kraft will choose to not only get rid of Belichick, but also get rid of anything that Belichick touched.+

Zuma

Hall of Fame Benchwarmer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
OK, enough for me.

Perhaps, I'll listen to you after the season, but not with the views you state. I don't need that.

Kraft saved this franchise, kept it here, and gave us 30 years of the best franchise the sport has ever scene. He is already a figurehead. Jonathan runs the show. But that isn't the point. They own the team. They can hire who they wish. There are 31 teams to follow if we don't like what they have brough us over the years, and yes over the post- Brady years where we were in the playoff hunt in every year until this one.
I’m forever greatful for the happiness the team has given me. 6 super bowls is an incredible achievement. Robert Kraft saved our team…along with BB and Brady.

Zuma

Hall of Fame Benchwarmer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
OK, you want a mistake free team or else.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. We have never been that team.
Dude…yeah we were. Since BB has been coach…we always were very disciplined and limited turnovers and penalties to a minimum.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Dude…yeah we were. Since BB has been coach…we always were very disciplined and limited turnovers and penalties to a minimum.

Take away QB turnovers and our numbers are much better.

Give us a mediocre veteran QB to put in for Mac, and our numbers would be much better.

But, you're right. Belichick has lost the ability to impose his discipline on the team. Isn't that just because he used to be able to show that this sort of discipline would lead to success? Does the Offense believe that? Is it even true, especially for the Offense? Obviously, the Special Teams coach is in another world and should be fired before his ways spread.

cmasspatsfan

Reactions
We still had mistakes but they overcame them.

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick