PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

Krafts Have a Decision To Make on GM

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
How in the world were people getting annoyed with it?

The name changes throw me off. Glad you're still here.
I’ve gone from Crazy Chris when this site first opened to crazy Patriot fan to chrisr2223 to zappe hour to Bourne again Christian.

Ivan

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Finding a GM.

Belichick can still coach. But his job duty as GM is now over. That much should be clear in these murky times.

Names? Captain Stone is emphatic it be someone like Eliot Wolf, son of Packer GM Ron, and not Matt Groh, son of Al.

Picking a GM, regardless of who the head coach will be next year, is priority number one for Jonathan Kraft.

If Captain Stone says it should be Wolf then it should absolutely be Groh. Belichick has been losing the last year or two, Captain Stone has been losing for 20+.

And bringing in or designating a GM is no different than firing Belichick, his deal is that he runs all football operations, I seriously doubt he would accept a boss.

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
The pats should consider whoever is highly ranked under howie roseman. The eagles have arguably the most modern roster construction in today's NFL. They invest heavily in the lines & pass catcher. They don't spend alot at RB, LB & S. Howie built two different superbowl rosters with carson wentz, nick foles & jalen hurts as his qbs. Joe douglas has drafted well outside of wilson & turned the jets into an above average roster. Someone in the eagles organization is a good place to start IMO.
Or the 49ers.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Are there other candidates out there that people like?

The other question is Kraft going to let a GM pick a coach or does Kraft want to have the final say in that?
The President of the Patriots should make himself active GM while he searches for a GM and for a coach.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Remember when NEM wanted to trade for David Boston?
Yes all the time
Boston was a brick house but was too much Muscle and lost all his speed.
Nothing will beat the ranting against Weis.
The Adam Seward posts were legendary we all desperately wanted someone to provide a pass rush.

Zuma

Hall of Fame Benchwarmer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
The President of the Patriots should step down to an advisory role and promote Jonathan as President. Jonathan should then take over GM duties until a more capable candidate is hired. BOB coaches on an interim basis.
Fixed it for you

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Fixed it for you
???

from the website

Biography​

Jonathan Kraft is the President of the Kraft Group which is comprised of companies in sports and entertainment, the paper and packaging industry, real estate, and private equity investing. He oversees the day-to-day operations of each company including Gillette Stadium, the New England Revolution and serves as President of the New England Patriots.
============
I believe that President Jonathan Kraft should take on the temporary role as acting GM.

Zuma

Hall of Fame Benchwarmer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
???

from the website

Biography​

Jonathan Kraft is the President of the Kraft Group which is comprised of companies in sports and entertainment, the paper and packaging industry, real estate, and private equity investing. He oversees the day-to-day operations of each company including Gillette Stadium, the New England Revolution and serves as President of the New England Patriots.
============
I believe that President Jonathan Kraft should take on the temporary role as acting GM.
???

Jonathan should make all owner decisions period. Delaying this change will cause further delays in the team moving forward. RK will not be leading the charge to a new Patriots era.

Last edited:

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I'm a little leary of the 49ers, given the whole "trade up to 3" debacle.
Yea, they missed on that one but they're stacked pretty much everywhere else.

cmasspatsfan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reactions
Now some have actually gone to Bill can't coach and never could, my God, I knew there would be bad years and some people wouldn't be able to take it but Holy smokes, some of you guys are out of your minds.
Could Tom Landy Coach? He went 3-13 one year.

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick