PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Krafts Have a Decision To Make on GM

TheRainMaker

3rd runner up sexiest man alive 1998
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
My prediction is Bill caves for his sons and comes to a comprise with Bob to allow Pioli, Dimetroff or Robinson to return as now the sole GM of the team. They best understand Bill, but will find guys who actually have talent.

Bob is really dreading firing Bill.

h0c2000

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reactions
My prediction is Bill caves for his sons and comes to a comprise with Bob to allow Pioli, Dimetroff or Robinson to return as now the sole GM of the team. They best understand Bill, but will find guys who actually have talent.

Bob is really dreading firing Bill.

Steve-Belichick.jpg

What could go wrong with that?

lancerman

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reactions
How do we know he won't, especially since it seems pretty darn likely that he'll have to give up control over the roster if he really does want to break Shula's record? [And I think that's true whether he stays here or ends up elsewhere.]
Because some other team that doesn't have talent issues but needs a solid coach will take him. He has a better chance of breaking the record going to a team like the Chargers than trying to rebuild here. This is not going to be quick turnaround and Bill is more likely to go around .500 the next two years and then get canned at 75 and have no shots at a job than to turn it around and make a run at Shula

His best shot at that record isn't here

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
How are we still talking about Bill continuing to coach? What specifically are we doing well coaching wise? It's not offensive coaching, it's not special teams, it's not filling the coaching staff, it's not situational football.

lancerman

Reactions
How are we still talking about Bill continuing to coach? What specifically are we doing well coaching wise? It's not offensive coaching, it's not special teams, it's not filling the coaching staff, it's not situational football.
Nothing at all. But it's another cope by people who really can't accept how deep the problem is here. This isn't a bad team that is playing well past it's potential but still can't cut it. It's a bad team that is playing below it's limited potential because on top of all the other problems, the team isn'twell coached.

This team does one thing well. Run blocking. That's it.

cmasspatsfan

Reactions
Because some other team that doesn't have talent issues but needs a solid coach will take him. He has a better chance of breaking the record going to a team like the Chargers than trying to rebuild here. This is not going to be quick turnaround and Bill is more likely to go around .500 the next two years and then get canned at 75 and have no shots at a job than to turn it around and make a run at Shula

I'm not so sure Bill gives a damn about that record, he has his own record of Super Bowl rings that he probably thinks is more important.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Bob Kraft should make himself GM.

Jerry Jones is a GM and he picked CeeDee Lamb who has become a beast.

Real fan 02

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
If Bill is back no GM will feel comfortable working beside him.
Scott Pioli is the only one I could think of.
Here's what I think will happen. Bill and ownership mutually agree to part ways. Mayo is introduced as HC, Wolf/ groh as GM. I believe BOB is going back to the college ranks personally. McDaniels as OC, Demarcus Covington as DC.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
The pats should consider whoever is highly ranked under howie roseman. The eagles have arguably the most modern roster construction in today's NFL. They invest heavily in the lines & pass catcher. They don't spend alot at RB, LB & S. Howie built two different superbowl rosters with carson wentz, nick foles & jalen hurts as his qbs. Joe douglas has drafted well outside of wilson & turned the jets into an above average roster. Someone in the eagles organization is a good place to start IMO.
Isn't Fat Matt over there?? ducks out of the way. :rofl:
hiding GIF

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

Can't do any worse sheit I could out all pro BB on Draft day.

Zuma

Hall of Fame Benchwarmer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
RK making GM choices is like BB making roster choices. Until Jonathon takes over…we will keep spinning our wheels on Patriot retreads that are out of touch with todays NFL and haven’t had a management position in the NFL in years.

Last edited:

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions

My point is, even so, the Chargers aren't likely to give him roster control.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
Finding a GM.

Belichick can still coach. But his job duty as GM is now over. That much should be clear in these murky times.

Names? Captain Stone is emphatic it be someone like Eliot Wolf, son of Packer GM Ron, and not Matt Groh, son of Al.

Picking a GM, regardless of who the head coach will be next year, is priority number one for Jonathan Kraft.
He can’t keep coaching. That just screams an unhealthy dynamic if you hand over all personnel control to someone else while keeping Bill on as HC.

I don’t see it unless Bill feels so beaten down that he’d accept it.

MahomestoKelce

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
I think we should find everyway possible to keep Mac as Stater it's the only we we can lose to the Giants. There is always a way with Mac. Losing to the Giants will guaranteed pick #1 or #2 this is where we want to be.
I can't see a loss to the Giants. They are horrid.

TheRainMaker

2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

Jones has actually picked a lot of good players, he just destroyed good things with Jimmy Johnson and Parcells. Had he kept Jimmy, they may have won one more Super Bowl, but very competitive at best in the 90's. I think by 1998 and 1999 was the cutoff as the Vikings and Rams would've lapped them.

Had he kept Parcells, they collide with Belichick and the undefeated Pats in 2007 - the Super Bowl everyone wanted.

lancerman

Reactions
My point is, even so, the Chargers aren't likely to give him roster control.
The Chargers like everything on their roster but defense. They probably don't mind giving Bill control to beef that up while they have a window. Especially knowing that 3-5 years of Bill (if they even get that) isn't going to ruin the offense. It's worth the risk for them to get someone who can fix the defense and give Herbert a shot at winning a title in this window

TheRainMaker

2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Nah, it is BB or a new coach/GM combo.

Tough call for Kraft to make....and it might also be time for Jonathan to take over as well...Bob Kraft is 82 years old..just saying....

Greatest Owner and Coach combo ever though....

Steve102

Any Man Who Must Say I Am The King Is No True King
PatsFans.com Supporter
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

You cannot be serious. Jerry Jones is the reason the Cowboys won't ever win a SB.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28
Tuesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/27: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Director of Scouting Eliot Wolf’s Press Conference 2/27