PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a result of the unconstitutional illegal criminal secretive video taping of Robert Kraft and 24 other victims, the JPD cops also taped 4 other men and women that were just getting a massage. One of these is suing the crap off the un-American state attorneys and cops that think we live in a bolshevik gulag.

SmartSelect_20190417-080243_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Attachments

• 502019MM002346AXXXNB_96.pdf
    130 KB · Views: 0
As a result of the unconstitutional illegal criminal secretive video taping of Robert Kraft and 24 other victims, the JPD cops also taped 4 other men and women that were just getting a massage. One of these is suing the crap off the un-American state attorneys and cops that think we live in a bolshevik gulag.

Kraft is "winning" as Charlie would say. This is going very badly for the prosecution.

Yes!!! This just made my day. Clearly there is a very dangerous power in all this, and it isn’t a pathetic old (yet rich) guy getting a rub and tug.

At what point is it irresponsible for there to be no internal investigation into the PD’s actions? I hope this lawsuit gets the wheels moving

AndyJohnson said he wouldn’t mind if people he knew were being videotaped naked, for a legitimate massage, without their consent, all because this is a price we pay for security. What a f*cking joke.

I watched last Friday's hearing on the motion to protect the evidence. At one point, one of the SAs got up and said to the judge: "not sure why defense is filing this motion, we know they are challenging validity of the videos and we are all attorneys, we would not release the videos prior to disposition of that hearing."

Something must have happened between defense and prosecutors for all of a sudden the SA to announce the release of the videos this morning. Things are obviously getting nasty and Kraft's attorney's forgot to put on their kids gloves.

I can't believe Kraft's attorney's won't throw that SA under the bus and ask he be held in contempt for basically lying to the judge last Friday.

I watched last Friday's hearing on the motion to protect the evidence. At one point, one of the SAs got up and said to the judge: "not sure why defense is filing this motion, we know they are challenging validity of the videos and we are all attorneys, we would not release the videos prior to disposition of that hearing."

Something must have happened between defense and prosecutors for all of a sudden the SA to announce the release of the videos this morning. Things are obviously getting nasty and Kraft's attorney's forgot to put on their kids gloves.

I can't believe Kraft's attorney's won't throw that SA under the bus and ask he be held in contempt for basically lying to the judge last Friday.

They’ve been using the video as leverage from day one. If it gets tossed and sealed, they are totally f’d on so many levels.

They did in fact complain about the prosecutors being disingenuous with the judge.

SmartSelect_20190417-180120_Chrome.jpg
TMZ

The prosecutor and the cops are looking worse and worse in this, and now they look like they are being bullied by the media. If I was that judge I would be beyond PO'd that I just took the matter under advisement on Friday in Kraft's case, but now they are coming out on Wednesday saying they are releasing the video in another, but related case because a constitutional challenge doesn't matter? Say what now? All the prosecutor had to do was say to the media, "we can't release the video in any case until the Judge rules on this very important issue (and we are confident that he will eventually rule in our favor)." Instead they look like they know there are serious problems with the video and they'd better get it out there before their case is destroyed. Dumb tactics prosecutor, and now you look like an *** (with a charge of prosecutorial misconduct thrown in for good measure).

The prosecutor and the cops are looking worse and worse in this, and now they look like they are being bullied by the media. If I was that judge I would be beyond PO'd that I just took the matter under advisement on Friday in Kraft's case, but now they are coming out on Wednesday saying they are releasing the video in another, but related case because a constitutional challenge doesn't matter? Say what now? All the prosecutor had to do was say to the media, "we can't release the video in any case until the Judge rules on this very important issue (and we are confident that he will eventually rule in our favor)." Instead they look like they know there are serious problems with the video and they'd better get it out there before their case is destroyed. Dumb tactics prosecutor, and now you look like an *** (with a charge of prosecutorial misconduct thrown in for good measure).

This is what happens when you spend an inordinate amount of time, resources and taxpayer dollars to crack down on old, rich white guys getting consensual handjobs at the local masseuse parlor. The case was a joke from day one. Many of us have been saying as much. Kraft simply stood up for his rights. The moment he did, the case was DOA. It's so incredibly stupid that our government officials are spending all this time over a consensual * that they cannot even prove was bought and paid for. It is the epitome of stupid.

I have long said I am generally sympathetic to law enforcement, but that is because I want them out there spending their valuable time and resources on fighting real, actual crime that have victims or put the public in danger. It was always going to end like this for the prosecution, because they're wasting their time with buffoonery.

This is what happens when you spend an inordinate amount of time, resources and taxpayer dollars to crack down on old, rich white guys getting consensual handjobs at the local masseuse parlor. The case was a joke from day one. Many of us have been saying as much. Kraft simply stood up for his rights. The moment he did, the case was DOA. It's so incredibly stupid that our government officials are spending all this time over a consensual * that they cannot even prove was bought and paid for. It is the epitome of stupid.

I have long said I am generally sympathetic to law enforcement, but that is because I want them out there spending their valuable time and resources on fighting real, actual crime that have victims or put the public in danger. It was always going to end like this for the prosecution, because they're wasting their time with buffoonery.
The thing that is stupid is playing this out in the media, and over-playing it at that. If you want to be taken seriously then treat this case the way you treat all others, and act professional, d%#*!@t. Don't be having press conferences, overstating the charges (human trafficking vs. prostitution), pretending you can release the video when there are credible challenges to its legality (which challenges you have to know would come no matter who got caught up in the sting, given how you got the video), and worst of all, gaining the ire of the judge who is going to rule on the issue. Here's a big dose of irony for these clowns (and I am an attorney who also respects the police and the hard jobs they have and do) - they thought they hit the jackpot with Bob Kraft as one of the defendants, but he might turn out to be their biggest nightmare.

If I was that judge I would be beyond PO'd that I just took the matter under advisement on Friday in Kraft's case, but now they are coming out on Wednesday saying they are releasing the video in another, but related case because a constitutional challenge doesn't matter? Say what now?

I am not an attorney, I have never played one on TV nor (unlike some in this thread) am I convinced I would dazzle everyone with my brilliance were I mounting a pro se defense. I am an engineer (history was my minor) and an ardent constitutionalist . I realize I am 40 years out from the constitutional courses I took but I am a voracious reader and consider myself moderately well informed for a laymen on our rights as citizens and last I checked no one had obviated the Bill of Rights. With the benefit of your expertise would you please help me understand what I am apparently missing here? How on Earth can that video be released pursuant to a state law in the face of an unadjudicated constitutional challenge? I can't wrap my brain around a state law that supersedes a constitutional right, never mind a prosecutor shooting his case in the foot to that degree. Not to mention the potential of recklessly tainting a jury pool. What the hell am I missing here?

they thought they hit the jackpot with Bob Kraft as one of the defendants, but he might turn out to be their biggest nightmare.

Exactly. That's why I said the moment Kraft had the fortitude to actually stand up and fight such a potentially embarrassing charge, the case was DOA. The SA office likely assumed he would cower in embarrassment over this and accept a plea bargain (at worst) due to his possible exposure to the league. They assumed wrong..

Here's a big dose of irony for these clowns (and I am an attorney who also respects the police and the hard jobs they have and do) - they thought they hit the jackpot with Bob Kraft as one of the defendants, but he might turn out to be their biggest nightmare.

I'd be inclined to think either Childs or Havens (the other two billionaires caught up in this Keystone Cops circus) would be bringing equal legal heat if Kraft wasn't leading the charge or did you mean the media spotlight? If they didn't have Kraft to sink their teeth into the non sports press (particularly with the NY bias) would still be having a field day with Havens.

Things got personal and ugly between the attorneys. As I suspected, Kraft's attorneys are going after SA for misconduct. They also filed a motion to intervene in the two cases against the spa manager and owner since that's where the prosecutors filed motion to release videos.

This is turning into a clusterf*ck for the State and Town of Jupiter.

SmartSelect_20190417-190938_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
SmartSelect_20190417-190952_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
SmartSelect_20190417-191033_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I am not an attorney, I have never played one on TV nor (unlike some in this thread) am I convinced I would dazzle everyone with my brilliance were I mounting a pro se defense. I am an engineer (history was my minor) and an ardent constitutionalist . I realize I am 40 years out from the constitutional courses I took but I am a voracious reader and consider myself moderately well informed for a laymen on our rights as citizens and last I checked no one had obviated the Bill of Rights. With the benefit of your expertise would you please help me understand what I am apparently missing here? How on Earth can that video be released pursuant to a state law in the face of an unadjudicated constitutional challenge? I can't wrap my brain around a state law that supersedes a constitutional right, never mind a prosecutor shooting his case in the foot to that degree. Not to mention the potential of recklessly tainting a jury pool. What the hell am I missing here?

If you’re talking about a state law in conflict with the US Constitution, it would need intervention from the US Supreme Court.

And, there is a long, long, long list of local yokel cops and prosecutors who thought they had an air tight case only to lose not only the case, but their credibility and in some cases, their careers, when faced with brilliant lawyers backed by unlimited resources.

Happy that it looks like the Jupiter PD and DA will be joining this list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back