PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
78 and still going strong...

bucket

I'm not a legal expert and won't pretend to be, but the more I delve into this, I think there's a good chance Kraft gets charges dropped.
Why?

My completely disconnected thoughts:

-Kraft has a condo at the Breakers and some of the highest priced call girls in America are either located at the hotel's bar or within shouting distance.
Driving 20 miles north for $79 poppers is taking salary cap discipline far too seriously

-Not only is the Breakers crawling with discretionary talent, many of the marquis adult headliners stay at the Breakers with their agents, with the ultimate goal of maximizing income during their stays in Palm Beach. Just ask Bob.

-When in doubt, just call Tiger. He's plugged in down here

Last edited:

The charge is basically a soft misdemeanor. Most people would barely spend the weekend in jail for sololiciting and Kraft has money. Any high power attorney could get it dropped or reduced to nothing.

I believe both were brought up in the 2008ish timeline a few years after our first 3 titles.
Yeah I think you are right. Not an issue at the time but a bs problem later

Poor choice by Bob. If he wants a 7th ring he should have waited until next season, Belichick and Brady still run this league last I checked.

Not a peep off Patriots.com yet. This is bad. If true, he might need to step down from his position.

Kraft's spokesperson issued a very succinct statement within one hour of the story breaking this afternoon.

Mike Reiss
✔@MikeReiss

Statement from a spokesperson for Robert Kraft:

“We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further.”

Poor choice by Bob. If he wants a 7th ring he should have waited until next season, Belichick and Brady still run this league last I checked.
Bob has zero impact on getting a ring

Is it just me or is anybody else hoping and praying that Roger is one of the big names on that list! :cool:

Big and Roger in the same sentence....I don't know.:confused: A guy who buys his Jeans at Costco or BJs can't be packing.

Kraft's spokesperson issued a very direct statement within one hour of the story breaking this afternoon.

Sure he did, but kinda hard to believe he was falsely accused.

For the moralists and nervous nellies:

1. Kraft is a single man, he can sleep with whomever he wants;
2. Kraft is a rich man, he can afford to sleep with whomever he wants;
3. This happened in FL, Kraft lives in Massachusetts, hardly his back yard;
4. Kraft was probably referred to this place as a discreet place since he is not from the area;
5. Kraft had bad luck the place was undergoing a sting operation;
6. Charges are misdemeanors with 1st time likely being probation.
7. This will have zero effect on the team aside from some fans being embarrassed;
8. Kraft doesn't need to justify himself to anyone but I'm sure he's embarrassed.

Boston Herald?
Any bells ringing?
Retracted story published about a Rams walkthrough?
I recall a bit of back and forth around that. Anyone else remember some story around that first win?
That didn't come out 'til much later -- 2007. When the first three SB wins occurred there was no big drama/distraction.

Someone thought it was Brady who got caught and not Kraft?

I know that the public isn't well informed about anything (especially when it comes to the Patriots; also 30% of the country can't name the Vice President) but not sure how something in the news can be altered so bad that it goes from Kraft to Brady.
I was actually taking a very late lunch and trying to read through the forum to sort through everything when a group of folks in the restaurant started talking about the scandal. One of them always mentioned how “once a cheater always a cheater in all parts of life.” That is when Brady’s name came up as someone at the spa. Yes, really happened. This is proof why most of the population likes to throw out how the Pats beat the Rams in ‘01 because we recorded every play....

I'm not judging it either way. The previous poster wrote that Patriots.com had no reaction and that was a bad sign.

I agree it's hard to believe they accused him without hard evidence. So what is Kraft's strategy with the categorical denial? I can't figure it out exactly. Why not just suffer the one salacious stain from soliciting, vs compounding it by lying and making it even worse?

My completely disconnected thoughts:

-Kraft has a condo at the Breakers and some of the highest priced call girls in America are either located at the hotel's bar or within shouting distance.
Driving 20 miles north for $79 poppers is taking salary cap discipline far too seriously

-Not only is the Breakers crawling with discretionary talent, many of the marquis adult headliners stay at the Breakers with their agents, with the ultimate goal of maximizing income during their stays in Palm Beach. Just ask Bob.

-When in doubt, just call Tiger. He's plugged in down here

Classic:D and word on the Foxborough and Brookline street's is that Kraft ain't cheap.:confused:

Bob has zero impact on getting a ring

They have a secret play where he sneaks out of the owners box and suits up in the locker room. Wears number 00. Leaps 14 feet vertically for an automatic goal line TD. The play is called 93 AirKraft blue twin zero.

He may have just cost them at least one ring if not more.

I'm not judging it either way. The previous poster wrote that Patriots.com had no reaction and that was a bad sign.
Yeah jumping to conclusion but I don’t think it would reach this point if it was fake.

I agree it's hard to believe they accused him without hard evidence. So what is Kraft's strategy with the categorical denial? I can't figure it out exactly. Why not just suffer the one salacious stain from soliciting, vs compounding it by lying and making it even worse?
Who knows? Jussie Smollett is still denying and he is guilty as sin. Strategy I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots