PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kontra vs Pape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tottie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Wrong question.

Right question should be where‘s the line between acceptable and unacceptable behavior, and who crossed it?

Saying “you married up” is not the same as asking “how is your wife’s cancer?” when you know she died from it.

The latter is intentionally hurtful; the former is not.

Intentionally hurting someone is unacceptable.

It‘s really that simple.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’ve had no interactions with any of the principals beyond reading their public posts. I’m just calling it as I see it.

one other thing. Not only is intentionally hurting anyone unacceptable, defending it is pretty bad too. Even, or especially, if someone is your friend hold them accountable don’t excuse them crossing the line.
Different people I suppose. I don't agree with this post at all. His wife comment deserved a time out imo, but some of you are acting like he shot someone. This is the difference I suppose. Send him off to time out if you want, but don't lose sight of the fact that the other guy was egging him on. Who punches a bear in the face and cries about it afterwards? It's not simply "he crossed the line with one comment and nothing else matters". Those of you holding on to this as a defense, I respect your view but I disagree. The OP knew who and what he was dealing with and he clearly was instigating and, might I add, his views that once you hit someone illegally all subsequent hits are made with malice is beyond ridiculous. Losing this poster, crawhammer and even the mcdaniels hater doesn't make this place better. I say that knowing what kind of a mess it is to run a place like this but perhaps peoples sensibilities should be way down on the priority list when moderating anything.

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
WTF happened to this place?
I take a year break after having all my posts deleted by rogue-mods, return, and it seems to be a complete **** show ecosystem collapse.

Did Trump’s Presidency and Covid vaccine-despotism delusions giving everyone myocarditis just create divisions too deep to ever recover from or something? And now on a football forum everyone has extensive enemy-lists? I’m just curious about the actual real source of the change.

I’ve been at this forum for a long ****ing time and it existed long before I got here, and I can’t ever recall groupings of people plotting and scheming to get certain people banned.

Kontra’s post was cold-blooded but how much antagonism goes into producing it? People act like they don’t collude and talk **** here to other human beings 24/7 then blow a whistle for ‘over the line.’
I blame it on Tom Brady leaving.
d%#*!@t Tom

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
People are pathetic and take winning an internet argument with strangers far too seriously
If you ain't first , you're last

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Kontra has posted numerous pics of her through PM to groups. It’s reasonable for him to suspect it’s a real insult. Especially since she was pregnant.
Didn't know. Reasonable is the word here... and maybe you are right, given this account

even still, personally, with the info gathered, I don't see it being close to the same level of "rudeness" so to speak.

Being me who I am, I was in both sides of this dispute before. I know what I would do if I was Kontra as well, but some people think is a weakness nowdays: Apologize and make ammends.

If he feels he can't do it with Pape, fine. They're grown man. But coming to Ian or any other mod and saying "Yeah, bringing another poster's wife who died with cancer might not have been the best response". Even if somehow the insult from Pape was too close to home, there were many better ways....

Last edited:

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
I blame it on Tom Brady leaving.
d%#*!@t Tom
I wish I could Necrobump a thread I made in 2014 detailing how Tom’s departure would legit destroy this entire franchise and mod-schmessy, who wanted to move on to Jimmy G adamantly, disagreed and thought I was stupid.

I hit about fifty bullseyes in that baby.

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I wish I could Necrobump a thread I made in 2014 detailing how Tom’s departure would legit destroy this entire franchise and mod-schmessy, who wanted to move on to Jimmy G adamantly, disagreed and thought I was stupid.

I hit about fifty bullseyes in that baby.
Not to derail the thread but everything Crawhammer said he was spot on too
Everyone agrees with his crazy takes now haha

Ice_Ice_Brady

The Times They Are A-Changin’
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
i did not post that picture. Kontra did. I made a comment.

Going to go after me over it, be correct in your assertions.

Why are responding to me and not the person who originally claimed you posted a stock photo of an obese woman?

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
i did not post that picture. Kontra did. I made a comment.

Going to go after me over it, be correct in your assertions.
And your comment invited the response.
To which you cried that for making that comment he should be banished from membership.
Seems you successfully baited him and got what you wanted.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
Not sure how @Ian feels about this thread’s existence but there’s definitely not an equivalency between Pape’s behavior and the commentary which lead to Kontra’s removal. This was also not an isolated incident for Kontra and was something he had done before to varying degrees and we simply could not let these things go on. It’s facetious to try to make this comparison.

Kontra certainly made our jobs harder but I would be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy a number of his posts. He also used to be more tame a lot more often. Unfortunately hard decisions have to be made no matter who you are or what your tenure is.
I’m behind on all of this. But from my experience, I could see the same.

I’ve been here over a decade, and Kontra has been one of the most frequent posters here for some time. I do think there has been a shift in him in recent years that was a little more brash.

While it’s a little surreal that he’s actually banned this time, I get where mods are coming from. I never had a direct issue with him personally, but I could understand why people would feel he often crossed lines.

patsfanfromoversea

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Yes that is what happened it’s all there to see.
In which thread was it? I can’t find the messages or the thread but I would like to read it and get my own opinion

FCB02062

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
WTF happened to this place?
I take a year break after having all my posts deleted by rogue-mods, return, and it seems to be a complete **** show ecosystem collapse.

Did Trump’s Presidency and Covid vaccine-despotism delusions giving everyone myocarditis just create divisions too deep to ever recover from or something? And now on a football forum everyone has extensive enemy-lists? I’m just curious about the actual real source of the change.

I’ve been at this forum for a long ****ing time and it existed long before I got here, and I can’t ever recall groupings of people plotting and scheming to get certain people banned.

Kontra’s post was cold-blooded but how much antagonism goes into producing it? People act like they don’t collude and talk **** here to other human beings 24/7 then blow a whistle for ‘over the line.’
short answer, yes. It was a perfect storm. 75% of this Board has/had Trump derangement syndrome and worship Fauci

PATS16N0

Reactions
Without knowing every detail of this forums obvious cultural-change over the years, it reeks at surface level of safe-space-types just chipping away at people they hate.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Not to derail the thread but everything Crawhammer said he was spot on too
Everyone agrees with his crazy takes now haha
Crawhammer......man he drove me crazy.

But from time to time he did have some good points.

Family

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
And your comment invited the response.
To which you cried that for making that comment he should be banished from membership.
Seems you successfully baited him and got what you wanted.

This is a ridiculous comment.

Like a woman asks for it when she wears something inviting?

Are you saying Kondra is not an adult capable of regulating himself???

PATS16N0

Reactions
short answer, yes. It was a perfect storm. 75% of this Board has/had Trump derangement syndrome and worship Fauci
Honestly, without ever seeing that specifically, you can tell that’s what it is.

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Without knowing every detail of this forums obvious cultural-change over the years, it reeks at surface level of safe-space-types just chipping away at people they hate.
Basically like every other forum in the internet

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reactions
Just saw this.

I'm in charge - period.

I'm locking this thread. Anyone who has an issue can take it up directly with me via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28
Tuesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/27: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Director of Scouting Eliot Wolf’s Press Conference 2/27