SOURCE:Fox News

SOURCE:ca.reuters.com

SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Kirk Douglas 103 RIP

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by scout, Feb 5, 2020.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +1,475
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  2. venecol

venecol The FRG has a little **** PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,591
    Loved him in 7 days in May. One of the last of the greats. RIP

• Like Like x 1
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56,296
    Damn 103. Think about all the changes that dude saw in his lifetime. He was a living time machine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. maust1013

maust1013 Just Another Guy PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,260
    RIP Colonel Dax, congratulations on a life well lived.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +56,296
  6. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +36,455
    Just think if that happened to you, all those young know-it-alls ragging at you on Patsfans.com. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +56,296
    You think you’d want to live to be that age? Serious question. Nobody wants to die, obviously, but think about how much your body hurts. And you’re always out of it because you’re zonked out on a c0cktail of prescription drugs. I dunno. I’d say yes now because I’m 33 but I’d imagine at, at some point after 90, you’d be asking why you haven’t died yet and getting tired of it being around the corner.

8. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +36,455
    I think it would depend on how clear your mind is and how much money you have at your disposal to be comfortable physically. If the mind is sharp and you're not in chronic pain, it would be worth it. My doctor told me that once he hits old age he's going off any maintenance drugs he might be on at the time (for things cholesterol, etc.). Makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  9. maust1013

Ratings:
    +17,260
    Not in this body I sure as hell don't. I think for everyone at some point as they age the journey becomes more and more about the vessel they are making it in. For me the chronic pain from a lifetime of insult and accident have started adding up at an increasingly exponential rate. If it continues without plateau I could see hitting a point of severely diminishing returns. My brother who, at least up to now, has somehow managed to avoid major illness or injury would probably have a very different take. Probably somewhere along the lines of 'I'm just gettin' warmed up.'

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +56,296
    I don’t really feel old football injuries yet aside from a few places on my body (right knee from time to time, shoulder) but I’d imagine I will as I age. I played both TE and DE. Two punishing positions. Other than that and a car accident in 2016, I’ve been lucky. You took a nasty spill off a bike a couple of years ago, right?

11. maust1013

Ratings:
    +17,260

Yeah, the Fat Boy and I got crunched pretty good T-bone style by an elderly woman who hit the gas instead of the brake and shot out of her blind driveway. It wasn't pretty and I still need a couple of maintenance type procedures resulting from the accident, recently one of the bone grafts failed. But WTH I'm still here, which is more than can be said for that poor bike. Truth to tell while it was the most recent of traumatic injuries to this body it was hardly the only one it's suffered. A combination of sports, service, recreational and plain old tough luck injuries have added up to putting the equivalent of a lot of hard miles on this chassis. Not complaining by any means, it's weathered them all and for the most part has bounced back better than I had any reasonable right to expect given how casual I used to be about its maintenance. I've had a great run so far and trust down the road the festivities will recommence.

Still, there's that part of me that wonders how it would be now had I followed my sainted Mother's counsel and treated my body like the temple she knew it to be instead of the carnival tent I thought it was.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +1,475
    A person's mind and health makes a world of difference. In the article, Kirk put a gun in his mouth after his stroke. But, a toothache stopped him from pulling the trigger....(maybe). I watched as one parent had dementia and the other pain/health issues. I'm old but want to go over the century mark. In baseball, they have the 30/30 club. I tell people I belong to the 30/30 basketball club. I explain I give up 30 years and 30 LBs. Exercise, nutrition and sleep are the main factors in living a long healthy life. Hopefully, I don't suffer from dementia or get hit by a bus.