PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Kolb, Baby!! ~ Time To Buy LOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the Bytch that keeps "1 Starring" my Threads??
jester.gif

Must be somebody who's face I shoved in their own Poo at some point...or two points!! :eek:

Talk about compensating...Keep those 1 Stars coming, Baby!!
jester.gif

Who is the Bytch that keeps "1 Starring" my Threads??
jester.gif

Must be somebody who's face I shoved in their own Poo at some point...or two points!! :eek:

Talk about compensating...Keep those 1 Stars coming, Baby!!
jester.gif

People with dry sense of humor, at the very least... :cool:

I try not to discredit anyone's opinion as much as possible, especially if it's an outside the box thought. Everyone has their own ideas about what may be beneficial for the team, and OTG has come up with plenty that would work.

My main concern with Kolb's possible acquisition would be the price, which I would assume that others will topple if/when the time comes for a possible starting role. Even in a worst case scenario, I would think that he'll be commanding a higher backup cost--something comparable to Cassel's recent deal. Either way, I'm not sure that he's quite there just yet in accepting a clear cut backup role.

These are really the exact same concerns that I have in the thread about keeping Mallett as a successor to Brady. I wouldn't have the slightest problem with either of those candidates as a backup QB who could potentially start, but the challenges I see presented would be:

1-the cost

2-the feeling of accepting a backup role from the QB who likely wants to start, or at least be in the mix

@AdamSchefter: Bills and former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb finalizing a deal tonight that will give Buffalo one more starting-caliber QB.

Well he will be in the AFCE at least.

@AdamSchefter: Bills and former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb finalizing a deal tonight that will give Buffalo one more starting-caliber QB.

Tarvaris Jackson and (potentially) Kevin Kolb. As the roster is compiled, that's some Quarterback competition. :p

AFC East QBs BLOW besides brady...wow

BUF is going to take a high QB prospect in the draft--no doubt about that one.

In the meantime, they're probably adding Kolb as some competition. He'll at least be in the mix to be the starter, although I'm sure they're hoping that their likely first rd prospect will be starting.

5m for a career backup who has made ZERO impact in the league even when given the reins to an offense that featured Larry Fitzgerald? No thanks. Vet min is the most I'd offer him. Even then I'm not sure he'd make the roster.

Kolb going to Buffalo? Cool, that's another 2 easy wins for us next season. ;)

Despite this move, which I expect to have minimal guaranteed money if any at all, the Bills are still drafting a QB within the first 2 rounds. Kevin Kolb and Tavaris Jackson likely are competing to be the bridge QB for their rookie. The loser of said competition will probably be given his walking papers shortly thereafter.

Fortunately for Kolb, he shouldn't have any issues winning that competition over Jackson.

Despite this move, which I expect to have minimal guaranteed money if any at all, the Bills are still drafting a QB within the first 2 rounds. Kevin Kolb and Tavaris Jackson likely are competing to be the bridge QB for their rookie. The loser of said competition will probably be given his walking papers shortly thereafter.

Fortunately for Kolb, he shouldn't have any issues winning that competition over Jackson.

Exactly...

This is a move to have a capable backup/starter pushing the rookie QB. Hopefully they'll all suck as bad as the last 4-5.

I couldn't stand reading the OP. Yo'u don't hav'e t'o ty'pe lik'e th'is every 3 words

I couldn't stand reading the OP. Yo'u don't hav'e t'o ty'pe lik'e th'is every 3 words

I'll let you know, the very moment I give a rat's @$$ what you think'f my writing. ;)

wow I read one response to your post that said "most creative he had read in a long while" Obviously he does not get out much....but THAT is your highlight.....

Dude....you are going to end up in a padded cell with a Kevin Kolb Binky in your mouth if you think there is any way he would EVER get a chance to start In NEW ENGLAND. This guy has basically sucked a## everywhere he has gone and the only place he might have a shot is going head to head with Tim Tebow and Blaine Gabbert for a shot in lowly Jack-off-sonville.......Get a clue my friend.....put down the crack pipe and step away from that pile of mushrooms!!!!

Kevin Kolb was a major Fail of mine, two Years ago, as'e hit the rocks HARD in Zona. And God knows there've been plenty'f questions about'is Vertical FirePower.

But there've also been extensive indications ~ both in Planet Hoosten and in Philly & Zona ~ that he has the Potential not only to be a strong Leader and a reliable Decision Maker Under Pressure...but can actually sling it DownField reliably and accurately.

...potentially. ;)

I'm an HUGE Fan of Buying Low ~ if I believe that there is good reason to believe that the Asset in question commands outstanding Intrinsic Value ~ and Kolb strikes me as a Classic Case: Despite an horrid QuarterBack Market, he is getting no Love.

Yet 20 short months ago, the Cardinals payed a MINT for'm...and now he SUCKS?? :confused:

Mind you: Greg McElroy, Kellen Moore, & Peter Lalich remain by far my Favorites ~ and I'd love to take a swing at Jordan Rodgers, as I'm a big Fan of Pedigree!! ~ but I'd certainly love to sign up Kolb ~ if he's amenable, which is obviously an huge "IF" ~ to a 1 Year/Team Option at say $5 Million for the 2nd Year Deal, to give'm a chance of starting over in an healthy Environment.

He just might go for it, with'is Stock as abysmally low as it is. And if we were following my Prime Directive to have one of the Top 3 Coaches at every single position At All Times, regardless of Cost, he'd be much more likely to embrace the idea of taking a Year to cool off, strip things back down, mentally, and get his still potentially excellent Career back on the Rails, with the right Coaching & Guidance to get'm back on Track...

And of course we might well be in a position to trade'm, a year hence, for considerable Draft Booty!! :D

...to our Mutual Benefit, I might add: He gets'is Career resurrected. We get Draft Booty. :cool:

It's these Wily Moves That Work The System that can eventually pile up and forge an unstoppable WAVE of Draft Picks that, combined with great Coaching, could produce an unprecedented Reign of Dominance!! :eek:

A little strong....but I get your point.....

wow I read one response to your post that said "most creative he had read in a long while" Obviously he does not get out much....but THAT is your highlight.....

Dude....you are going to end up in a padded cell with a Kevin Kolb Binky in your mouth if you think there is any way he would EVER get a chance to start In NEW ENGLAND. This guy has basically sucked a## everywhere he has gone and the only place he might have a shot is going head to head with Tim Tebow and Blaine Gabbert for a shot in lowly Jack-off-sonville.......Get a clue my friend.....put down the crack pipe and step away from that pile of mushrooms!!!!

1 ~ Please try to constrain yourself from projecting your disturbing oral Fantasies onto me.
spock.gif

2 ~ I never even remotely suggested that he'd get a chance to Start, son.
spock.gif

3 ~ In light of this latest foolishness of yours, perhaps you should consider working your way up to a 4th Grade reading level before your next Post. That just might save you from yet another self-inflicted humiliation.
spock.gif

I'll let you know, the very moment I give a rat's @$$ what you think'f my writing. ;)
As entertaining as you are OTG, you really need to ease up on the people who don't share the same vigor or fervor for your formatting and opinions my friend. :rocker:

Now, with that out of the way, feel free to continue your line of bat **** crazy posting. :D

As entertaining as you are OTG, you really need to ease up on the people who don't share the same vigor or fervor for your formatting and opinions my friend.

The guy's only contribution to this Thread is to pointedly attack me, and you think that because I responded by contemptuously laughing in'is face that I'm the problem?? :rolleyes:

You've got a pretty twisted perspective on this subject, my friend.
spock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye