PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

kc game plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacigar

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
i hope harris is active and well. kc weakness is ,run defense. we need to rush 40 +attempts. divide up about 4/6 each cam, burky ,white and jj and 8/12 each for sony and harris.this would keep mahones on bench.mix in te,s white,harry and meyers as possession receivers.

There are many different fans. Some are optimistic, some pessimistic.

I don’t view the KC game as « within reach ». That team should beat NE handily. Anything other than a comfortable KC win would be a good sign.

I agree that NE should establish the run and hope it’s as effective as it was last weekend. To mention Meyers in your post is « hoping / grasping » at its finest.

My prediction: a 10 pt KC win that features a few bright spots from NE. Maybe something to build upon. I also predict zero catches by Meyers.

And if they stack the box because we are so run heavy?

better to have a balanced attack

Last edited:
Steve Spagnuolo has had success against the Pats. Combine his defense with their improved offense and KC is going to be a real tough out. The Pats can do it though.

Hopefully the Newton offense is different enough from the Brady one that Spags loses whatever slight advantage he once had...

Steve Spagnuolo has had success against the Pats. Combine his defense with their improved offense and KC is going to be a real tough out. The Pats can do it though.

He's had success against Brady, but Cam is a whole new ballgame. Spags's bread and butter against us has been pressure up the middle to collapse the pocket as quickly as possible. If that happens to Cam, he will just take off.

There are many different fans. Some are optimistic, some pessimistic.

I don’t view the KC game as « within reach ». That team should beat NE handily. Anything other than a comfortable KC win would be a good sign.

I agree that NE should establish the run and hope it’s as effective as it was last weekend. To mention Meyers in your post is « hoping / grasping » at its finest.

My prediction: a 10 pt KC win that features a few bright spots from NE. Maybe something to build upon. I also predict zero catches by Meyers.

Are you even planning to get out of bed tomorrow morning?

I actually think we are going to be competitive. We were one yard away from beating a 3-0 Seattle team that's pretty hot right now, they've scored more than KC has, to this point.

And if they stack the box because we are so run heavy?

better to have a balanced attack
I'm sure that will be in the game plan but if they do it right they should be able to run and gain TOP.

I actually think we are going to be competitive. We were one yard away from beating a 3-0 Seattle team that's pretty hot right now, they've scored more than KC has, to this point.

We might be competitive. I wouldn't put it past this Patriots squad, which seems to have a lot of heart. That being said, I wouldn't put Seattle on KC's level. The overall balance of their team is very similar to the 2011 Pats: historically good offense, very very bad defense. KC is going to get more stops on us than Seattle did.

I'm sure that will be in the game plan but if they do it right they should be able to run and gain TOP.
Run like we ran vs lv, pass like we did vs seattle, we got a shot.... Play defense like we did in the two wins... We have a punchers chance... The margin of error in this game is nil...

I can both « get up in the morning » AND « believe the NFL team I root for will lose to a superior team ». I still have the will to live even when the team I root for is not ready to win the championship as constituted.

(might not even be a game)

We might be competitive. I wouldn't put it past this Patriots squad, which seems to have a lot of heart. That being said, I wouldn't put Seattle on KC's level. The overall balance of their team is very similar to the 2011 Pats: historically good offense, very very bad defense. KC is going to get more stops on us than Seattle did.

Actually was telling a buddy the same thing. This Seahawks team is almost the 2011 patriots.

So, how do we expect the game plan to change? What does taking Can away do for the run game, and how do we still use the run to our strength with a no-run-threat QB?

In a perfect world we could play to Hoyer's strength in knowing the more pass-centri system, but do we really have the personnel to do so? Every pass to Edleman has me short of breath, I'm just waiting for him to crumble.

Tough as nails, but the hits are racking up and goddamn I feel like secondaries have been hitting HARD this season. Maybe it was just the Seahawks and Raiders.

Do we see Rex/White/Michel assume more passing yards instead of straight up run? Or will we see the same approach we've seen the past 3 games?

Assume Hoyer starts but wouldn't be surprised if Stidham sees some action. He is essentially an unknown quantity and mobile enough to keep the KC defense honest. Still a tough team to start his NFL career.

hoyer is starting... i am guessing the new game plan is now "run the ****ing ball, a lot"...
Thats what it should be. That offense is something else. Need to keep them off the field. That said, on paper, our secondary matches up well. Its a shame we get the watered down covid version.

With either Hoyer or Stid as the QB, I would run a mix of quick strike routes and runs, and throw deep occasionally to keep them honest and perhaps get lucky. Would also run a few Taysom-esque plays with Edelman at QB, and if effective would sprinkle in as needed. Would go for it on 4th and short almost anywhere on the field. Oh...and throw in at least 2 whacky trick plays.

Last edited:
They have to get lucky. Run the ball and create turnovers on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down