PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

Kayshon Boutte

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
yup. parker and juju suck.

but he was given a chance.

whats that say about boutte that he cannot unseat them?
Dude he had one opportunity as a rookie. Like I said at least he can catch a damn ball, he’ll figure out tapping the toes if you give him a chance, meaning more than two targets. If he drags his toes those are probably two of the more clutch receptions all season for this team. You act like he was given multiple games.

This is the same story as benching Demario Douglas, our most talented offensive player for one fumble, which was really just the defender making an excellent play.

One-If-By-Sea

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Dude he had one opportunity as a rookie. Like I said at least he can catch a damn ball, he’ll figure out tapping the toes if you give him a chance, meaning more than two targets. If he drags his toes those are probably two of the more clutch receptions all season for this team. You act like he was given multiple games.

This is the same story as benching Demario Douglas, our most talented offensive player for one fumble, which was really just the defender making an excellent play.

I don't disagree, but Douglas clearly could protect the ball more, and does not know what routes to run (he ran into Parker). But he is electric, has great hands, and his YACs are really needed. I think Douglas will be great going forward, not sure how much he can learn in his rookie year.

Boutte played due to injuries, and I thought he did well. Again a rookie, but it would be nice to see him out there again. Boutte seems to run good routes and Mac likes him, so maybe there is something there. I am guessing that Boutte has to do better in practice to get a chance.

Parker does not seem to have it. JuJu has not been impressive. I don't know what happened to Thornton, he was wide open a few times, and Mac does not see him. With a 1 - 5 record, I would like to see Thornton, Boutte, Bourne, and Douglas with Henry and Gesicki.

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions

And you act like he's been tabbed Rudolph, not allowed to play in any reindeer games... stuffed in a closet during meetings, the film sessions and made to stand in a corner during practice...

don't get pissed at me for pointing out the obvious in regards to boutte... I've said it a dozen times - I want him out there... There was a reason why he dropped in the draft... He's immature... And right now hes getting taught a lesson... When he figures it out he'll play

Demario Douglas has been out there, mostly limited only by injury... And agreed, he needs more opportunities

Since1960

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reactions
Is it true that before Kayshon can be activated again, he has to learn the “Hokey Pokey”? Remember, it goes something like this, “Put your left foot in but don’t let it go out, put your right foot in then you shake shake it all about”……

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Is it true that before Kayshon can be activated again, he has to learn the “Hokey Pokey”? Remember, it goes something like this, “Put your left foot in but don’t let it go out, put your right foot in then you shake shake it all about”……
I heard he has to stay after practice, take tap dancing lessons, and tweet “Don’t free me” a hundred times before he will be activated again.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Well he made 1 catch for 2 yards so for our “One Catch Wonder” I’d say “he’s baaaaaaaack”!!!
Don't you think that's a problem for us? We're totally unwilling to throw downfield even against some of the worst CBs in the entire league?

Chevy

Huh?
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
When all else fails play the "I have been a fan since 19XX" card.
Being a long time - as in for ever - may not bring any more expertise, but there is a definite difference in perception.

IF someone started watching the Pats in 2004, to pick a year, then their overall view of the team, and their expectations / reactions, will be much different from someone who started in 1990, or 1970.

Since1960

Reactions
I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that after that menacing tweet, young Mr Boutte landed on the injured list before yesterday’s game. I’d rather have a look at Boutte as we know what Parker brings/brought. And as far as I’m concerned, I’d give Reagor a shot. At least his 1 catch outdistanced Thornton’s catch by 9 yards and it went for a first down! You just know next year Boutte will be catching 70 balls for the Titans replacing the worn out Hopkins….

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Being a long time - as in for ever - may not bring any more expertise, but there is a definite difference in perception.

IF someone started watching the Pats in 2004, to pick a year, then their overall view of the team, and their expectations / reactions, will be much different from someone who started in 1990, or 1970.
Younger fans that have seen only winning here seem to be fans of the winning rather than fans of the team.

Older fans that have lived through years of really horrible teams (from the top all the way down) tend to be fans of the team, win or lose. We're trained to look for the silver linings because for so many years, all we had was silver linings.

Since1960

Reactions
Don't you think that's a problem for us? We're totally unwilling to throw downfield even against some of the worst CBs in the entire league?
What I think is a problem is that we have a guy who runs the 40 in 4.28 seconds and in 7 games so far he has 2 catches for 8 yards. Sounds like he’s not making it downfield or at least catching anything downfield. These stats are similar to last year as well meaning he’s 1) been injured quite a bit, 2) he’s not getting open, and 3) sure would have been nice drafting George Pickens instead….

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
Lazar was saying last week that Thornton was half assing it on a fly route that was supposed to clear out an out route underneath for Bourne and since Tyquan was jogging it out the corner was still in the area and broke up the play to Bourne. If he can't even act as a decoy then that is saying something.

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick