PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laffy Taffy

Banned
Reaction score
If they make the playoffs, I don't want to play them...Larry Johnson is an outstanding football player, reminds me of Dillon a few years back. Personally, I think Dillon is done, his injuries and 30+ age caught up to him, he laid it all out on the line to win the Super Bowl last year for us and I applaud him for that. But I really think after this year we should bring in a new feature back, through a trade, (the market is down, could get a great one for a 2nd round pick) or through the draft, (first or second round)

is it safe to say troll, or am i wrong?

fleabassist1 said:

I don't know what to say, honestly.

Troll? maybe

odd? definitely

Why? For suggesting that Dillon isnt running the same? Troll? No. Helpful insight, maybe

Laffy Taffy said:
Why? For suggesting that Dillon isnt running the same? Troll? No. Helpful insight, maybe

I think it was the Lonie Paxton thread for me.

I am happy to have him mind you, but don't spend a lot of time thinking about him.

i said i got it... but all i got was the money for it. :-D

I do see where KC would be a team the Pats would not want to see vs Pitt or Jax. I don't see any of the three winning a game at Foxboro, but anything can happen. KC has more of a chance, with a strong balanced offense, vs the run first ask questions later offenses of Pitt or Jax. The way New England has been playing as of late, it looks, to me, that we will have the inevitable barn burner in Indianapolis that has been discussed for about a month now! (Or Indianapolis "choke fest" as some of you have predicted)

I'm rooting for the Colts, but I maintain, like I have since October, that if the Patriots got healthy, they would still be the team to beat in the playoffs. I'm hoping for a very good game if the two meet.

I wouldn't give up on Dillon for a couple of years yet. I think he's a rusher who has compensated for age and injuries with smarter running, much like Edgerrin James. I've the two of them running at a hole that just isn't there and somehow its there when they arrive, when other backs would back out and end up taking a loss. Or youthful backs that run at a hole that isn't there and blast through for a few yards, slowly getting beat up in the process. Guys like Dillon and James can last a few years more than those who try to keep the same style of running as nature takes its toll.

fleabassist1 said:

I guess it's safe to say the same about me then because I agree with both points. While I doubt the Chiefs make the playoffs, they are probably the hottest team in the AFC right now. That offense is clicking on all cylinders and we would have a very tough time beating them. I also think Dillon is about done. He's doing a little better lately but he still looks nothing like he did last season. See, it's not so painful to state the obvious even when it's not all rosey.

Yeah... larry johnson is a beast.
i got him on my fantasy team :-D

SEE

Im not so bad after all

haha,

if only you LISTEN

there it is, three have already seen the light.

Our D did just fine against the run in the KC game despite Seymour playing poorly to start the game (not to mention Wilfork hadn't started dominating the way he is now), the offense was lame and our younger secondary members had an educational experience. KC will be a challenge, but no more then any other.

It'd be in the Razor - the Pats would win. Kansas City is NOT as good as Pittsburgh.

drewdagreat said:
It'd be in the Razor - the Pats would win. Kansas City is NOT as good as Pittsburgh.

Another thing to remember about KC is that they are a GREAT home team and very average road team. The teams to worry about are the teams that are very good road teams....some teams just can't take it on the road with them. Carolina is like that this year.

Johnson ran for 119 yards on 31 carries which is 3.8 YPC against the team when they were struggling against the run. In the Second half of that game he ran the ball 11 times for 40 yards and he had a fumble. That was the turning point for our Defense this season. Since that half this team has been outright dominate. Think about 1 TD because of a chin strap, 3 points to the Jets, 1 garbage time TD to the Bills, 0 points to the Bucs, 1 very good drive that led to a TD and a garbage time TD by the Jets are the only points this Defense has allowed since the 2nd half of the KC game. Our front seven will not miss multiple tackles on the same play like the Giants and Chargers did against a guy like Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back