PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just shoot me now ('EEI rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwc

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok. It's January. My team, which is has won three out of the last four SuperBowls, is in the playoffs. With a Saturday night home game TOMORROW.

So, I figure, what the heck? I'll flip on the local sports radio station for a little football talk and start getting a little "pumped 'n jacked".

What do I hear? Discussion of trade rumors about center fielders and shortstops in frickin' BASEBALL.

Just shoot me now.

hwc said:
Ok. It's January. My team, which is has won three out of the last four SuperBowls, is in the playoffs. With a Saturday night home game TOMORROW.

So, I figure, what the heck? I'll flip on the local sports radio station for a little football talk and start getting a little "pumped 'n jacked".

What do I hear? Discussion of trade rumors about center fielders and shortstops in frickin' BASEBALL.

Just shoot me now.

It's Boston, it's Boston, it's Boston. Hey about 25 years ago, +/- , there was talk about the Patriots moving to Birmingham, Alabama. Now, they're the model team taking into account all pro sports. The Red Sox have looked pretty goofy this offseason, but they're still the favorite back there, aren't they?

hwc said:

Just shoot me now.
You're preaching to the choir here!

WEEI is a JOKE.

ESPN is better in Boston.

The Red Sox are even MORE OF A JOKE.

I won't get started on that one though....

KILL THE JAGS! 4 to Forty!

Mike1481 said:
WEEI is a JOKE.

ESPN is better in Boston.

The Red Sox are even MORE OF A JOKE.

I won't get started on that one though....

KILL THE JAGS! 4 to Forty!

Agreed

schilling.jpg

I live in Tewksbury and both ESPN Radio signals come in like crap for me. So I have no choice but to listen to WEEI.

AStack75 said:
I live in Tewksbury and both ESPN Radio signals come in like crap for me. So I have no choice but to listen to WEEI.

That surprises me, 'cuz ESPN Boston 1400 is transmitted from Lowell. You can get it in your car, can't you? I think it also streams over the 'net.

Tunescribe said:
That surprises me, 'cuz ESPN Boston 1400 is transmitted from Lowell. You can get it in your car, can't you? I think it also streams over the 'net.
I get it in my car (that's actually the only place I listen to the radio), but it comes it really crackly like it's a weak signal.

Can't get the station in Seacoast NH either. Just 'EEI, which like the Globe I cannot stand.

Really? I didn't know that EEI was a Sox station. Rumor has it that the Globe covers them a lot too. This is earth-shattering news!

Just turned EEI on after the 2:eek:o PM break and the first three names mentioned [drum roll] Manny, Ortiz, Damon[/crash]. They sound like a sewing circle talking about the Red Sox soap opera.

It's worse! All my friends back in NE only wanna talk loser Red Sox. It's like they don't even know they've got a football team with more character and better management right up the road. I was glad to see the Sox with the series but the front office there is a joke. They try to spend like Steinbrenner but don't have the brains to match...

I'm with you. EEI just SUUUUUUUUUUCCCKs. Turn it on this morning, figuring to hear some Patriots talk, buuuuuutttt NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO, what are they doing, but arguing with each other and some caller about FRIGGIN IRAQ. If I want to hear about IRAQ I'll listen to that fat B*stard Howie Car or N friggin PR.

On top if it all Will Michael HOlley just SHUT UP for one minute and take a breath and stop talking over dale arnold. I can't stand Holley.

I heard that. After that they said something like, "enough of this Patriots football talk, lets do some hot stove talk....blah blah...Miguel Tejada...blah blah".

I can't believe we have another thread complaining about the Red Sox. These posts are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Vic Carucci from NFL.com was even complaining about it ON WEEI... saying he couldn't believe the lack of media coverage/interest in the Pats right now, compared to the Days Of Our Lives on Yawkey Way.

Especially considering that the Pats are in the playoffs and the Sox aren't even playing... Boston is such an idiot-parochial-one-horse-town when it comes to sports.

hwc said:

Just shoot me now.

WEEI devoted a bunch of coverage to the game this week.

I'm a devoted Pats fan, but hot stove kicks ass!

BradyisGod said:
I can't believe we have another thread complaining about the Red Sox. These posts are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Nice phrase but what is the solution?

PATSNUTme said:

Ha, you're right, I don't have one, but it doesn't bother me.

I'd suggest, overall though, turning off the radio b/c it's probably never going to change. I'm pretty sure you need a room temperature IQ to host a radio show these days.

PATSNUTme said:

The Red Sox front office is finally beginning to recognize this perception is a problem and have scheduled a press conference for 8pm tomorrow to discuss how they can be more sensitive to Patriots fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back