PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Journalist interested in opinions of Tebow coverage

Reaction score
Hello,

This was the only category that would let me post, but I had an inquiry for Patriots fans here.

I am a journalist student at Elon University in NC. For an assignment for my social media winter term class, we have been told we need to go online and contact people to get quotes for a story.

My story idea is how the media coverage has affected your view of Tim Tebow.

I was wondering if either somebody could post this in the relevant forum for me or if somebody could answer here or PM me with a response on how various medias coverage of Tim Tebow has affected your view on him.

I would really appreciate that. Thanks.

Hello,

This was the only category that would let me post, but I had an inquiry for Patriots fans here.

I am a journalist student at Elon University in NC. For an assignment for my social media winter term class, we have been told we need to go online and contact people to get quotes for a story.

My story idea is how the media coverage has affected your view of Tim Tebow.

I was wondering if either somebody could post this in the relevant forum for me or if somebody could answer here or PM me with a response on how various medias coverage of Tim Tebow has affected your view on him.

I would really appreciate that. Thanks.

You are a JOURNALISM student, not a "journalist" student. :mad:
Speaking only personally, I've found media coverage of Tim Tebow to be informative and helpful in giving a well-rounded picture of who he is and what he's about. Tebow is not responsible for the volume of media attention he receives; it's driven more by the wide spectrum of opinions and perspectives he unintentionally elicits.

Personally the amount of coverage has not affected me in regards to how I view Tim Tebow. Off the field I think he's a person of high character, which is the same way I thought about him before this season and it's also the same way I thought about him before he was drafted. On the field he is highly motivated and possesses characteristic that make him a great leader, and his teammates believe in him. He finds a way to win despite physical and athletic limitations.

The thing I do find tiresome is the amount of attention the media gives him. I would much rather hear a completely different story - an outlook on another game, for example - than the same story being retold over and over, or some obscure trivial detail resulting in yet another article about Tebow.

That does not change my viewpoint on Tebow - but it does affect my viewpoint on the media in general, and espn in particular. This has not altered my viewpoint about the mainstream sports media, but instead has reinforced it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back