PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m talking about winning. There is zero doubt in my mind that if Brady stays here in 2020 he will end up with a better offense than if he went to the bears.
Edelman has done a lot more than Robinson and Miller isn’t worthy of a GOAT abandoning the greatest organization ever.

If the Bears call tomorrow and say, we want to trade Robinson for Edelman, do you do it?

If the Bears call tomorrow and say, we want to trade Robinson for Edelman, do you do it?

I wouldn't trade Edelman for AB, let alone Robinson.

Talent + Future of Robinson > Edelman....

But Edelman is all heart and I want him to finish it out here with Brady.

For the sake of his own career advancement, the job that Josh should've taken was the Colts one, even with Luck flaming out. Reich is basically still in his honeymoon phase, and the infrastructure of a good team is there under Ballard. He does have to start showing results next season.

Browns under Depodesta is a disaster and will always be. They could have easily acquired any of the good young QBs drafted in the last three or four years.

Will McDaniels hold any resentment against the Patriots for not letting him
interview early on?

For the sake of his own career advancement, the job that Josh should've taken was the Colts one, even with Luck flaming out. Reich is basically still in his honeymoon phase, and the infrastructure of a good team is there under Ballard. He does have to start showing results next season.

Browns under Depodesta is a disaster and will always be. They could have easily acquired any of the good young QBs drafted in the last three or four years.
I think him refusing the Colts job was because his wife did not want to live there. I’ll be honest when ho took his wife to this interview with the Browns I cringed. After his backout in Indy and his wife involved again that is not a good look for what owners expect out of these coaches. Don’t get me wrong I feel for the families of these guys up rooting everything every 2 or so years to move some where else.

Will McDaniels hold any resentment against the Patriots for not letting him
interview early on?
Do we even know if that is fact. I know it was reported but how accurate is it

I think him refusing the Colts job was because his wife did not want to live there. I’ll be honest when ho took his wife to this interview with the Browns I cringed. After his backout in Indy and his wife involved again that is not a good look for what owners expect out of these coaches. Don’t get me wrong I feel for the families of these guys up rooting everything every 2 or so years to move some where else.
The fact he took his wife to the interview and that it was publicized is curious. You can only guess that he thought the job was his and she accompanied him to be on hand for the official announcement.

New info indicates it was a mutual decision to decline job.
This is odd

Makes sense that people who have never won anything would argue with a guy who has five (possibly six?) rings.

This is odd
Turning in the game plan to ownership and analytics? And by Friday? That is insanity. It redefines "meddling."

Last edited:
This is odd

Immediately after Josh's meeting....

<Josh pulls out the iPhone and calls BB>

J: "Hey Bill. Just finished with Fast Jimmy and Moneyball Boy"
BB: "How it go?"
J: "They want me to turn in game plans on Friday to Fast Jimmy and Moneyball so they can run all kinds of analytics against them and rip it apart. Then on Mondays I spend the entire day sitting with Fast Jimmy and Moneyball going over more analytics and taking their input."
BB: "They don't want a coach. They want an AI droid."
J: "Yep"
BB: "So we'll see you Monday?"

The fact he took his wife to the interview and that it was publicized is curious. You can only guess that he thought the job was his and she accompanied him to be on hand for the official announcement.
It is very curious. But then again I don’t know why she had to be there for the announcement. When I see all other coaches at official announcements I don’t see their wife’s with them. He may have been left at the alter. How ironic would that be

It is very curious. But then again I don’t know why she had to be there for the announcement. When I see all other coaches at official announcements I don’t see their wife’s with them. He may have been left at the alter. How ironic would that be
Usually the new coach's wife is present at the official hiring announcement seated at a table with the owner, GM, etc. or in the front row of the press gallery. That's why I thought Josh had the job when it became known his wife made the trip with him.

Immediately after Josh's meeting....

<Josh pulls out the iPhone and calls BB>

J: "Hey Bill. Just finished with Fast Jimmy and Moneyball Boy"
BB: "How it go?"
J: "They want me to turn in game plans on Friday to Fast Jimmy and Moneyball so they can run all kinds of analytics against them and rip it apart. Then on Mondays I spend the entire day sitting with Fast Jimmy and Moneyball going over more analytics and taking their input."
BB: "They don't want a coach. They want an AI droid."
BB: "So we'll see you Monday?"
DePodesta made sure he was going to get his man this time if this is true. Haslam is a complete moron

Usually the new coach's wife is present at the official hiring announcement seated at a table with the owner, GM, etc. or in the front row of the press gallery. That's why I thought Josh had the job when it became known his wife made the trip with him.
I get what you are saying. It has to be that he was under the impression that it was his. He would not be that bold to bring his wife so that she could play PacMan on her phone while he interviewed. Thinking Haslam set up the meeting while DePodesta blew it up.

Turning in the game plan to ownership and analytics? And by Friday? That is insanity. It redefines "meddling."

I like analytics, but it's a tool, a means to an end, not an end in itself. And the owner (really DePodesta) approves gameplans. Huh?

I think this stems from DePosdesta and his longstanding desire to coach football.

What a cluster****.

I like analytics, but it's a tool, a means to an end, not an end in itself. And the owner (really DePodesta) approves gameplans. Huh?

I think this stems from DePosdesta and his longstanding desire to coach football.

What a cluster****.
I guess that is why they made the color of Sh#t.......BROWN o_O

What a cluster****.
So the coaching staff spends time devising a game plan and implementing the plan at practice which normally occurs Wednesday through Friday. If the owner and analytics want to see changes in it -- which they wouldn't be qualified to determine regardless -- how/when are those changes implemented? It's mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes