Search

Josh Gordon Stepping Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I don't think so. Rappaport implied a banishment from the league, which seems egregiously harsh and unnecessary given his circumstances. I could see that making sense for repeat offenders of PEDs, woman beaters and true criminals. But for Gordon - whose last straw doesn't even seem to be related to weed or alcohol - it's ridiculous.

Four Months from now we will be saying Josh who?? Yeah he will be forgotten.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
The word is "abstinent" if you are addicted. I agree that people do alcohol and weed separately or together. But if you are addicted to one or the other or both as he is then you are FU ( meaning sick) and need to focus on your issues before you damage yourself and others. You seem to take this lightly, IMO. This is serious and he has demons that drive him to hurt himself and others IMO.
Weed is not addicting.

I understand that there are people like you are describing I just don’t think Gordon is one of them.
I think Gordon just doesn’t give a ****.
How is he hurting himself?
Are you implying that legalizing weed means people are now hurting themselves?
He simply values the lifestyle more than he values an nfl career. He is not strung out in an alley. He’s having fun smoking weed.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Here's how it works for people like Gordon: It's been reported that he had a traumatic childhood. Someone who experiences serious trauma at a very young age usually suffers impaired brain development that prevents them from having an adult emotional filter later on (hence, what outsiders observe as immaturity and lack of impulse control). Combine that with a genetic predisposition to addiction and it's a recipe for a troubled life. These poor souls engage in substance abuse to escape deep-seated emotional pain and most of the time don't even realize why because their primary (subconscious) drive is to escape the anguish vs. bring it to the surface and heal it. The only solution is heavy duty therapy and the "right" kind of drugs.
You have no idea that Gordon has thise issues/causes.
Are you telling me that every us who smokes too much weed has all those issues? That’s just not true.
I understand that IF Gordon suffers from those issues we should feel sorry for hm but there is no real proof he does.
He just seems like a guy who doesn’t care about his career and would prefer to smoke weed.
He is being talked about like a junkie strung out in the alley and all he is, is a guy who likes to smoke weed and like many other people out there struggles with some personal relationships.
Why is everyone so quick to enable him?

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
He simply values the lifestyle more than he values an nfl career. He is not strung out in an alley. He’s having fun smoking weed.

Again WTH is that being based on? What facts are you privy to that others, including Belichick who made a statement of support for Gordon this morning, aren't?
Do you really believe that Belichick would have made that statement if Gordon was making self indulgent 'lifestyle' decisions?

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
There are better teams this season than the Pats. Thats just the reality of the situation.

Chiefs vs Bears are my Super Bowl picks.

The Pats need to get back to the drawing board and figure this out. Quit messing with Bradys chemistry with his WRs. I believe that having Almendola back would make a huge difference and so would Deon Lewis.
They badly need an injection of youth. Amendola is sorely missed, but they need to go elsewhere.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reactions
There are better teams this season than the Pats. Thats just the reality of the situation.

Chiefs vs Bears are my Super Bowl picks.

The Pats need to get back to the drawing board and figure this out. Quit messing with Bradys chemistry with his WRs. I believe that having Almendola back would make a huge difference and so would Deon Lewis.
As inconsistent the 2018 Pats have been we beat both teams you have in the big game! I'm going Chargers vs Saints!

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
As inconsistent the 2018 Pats have been we beat both teams you have in the big game! I'm going Chargers vs Saints!

Short of Brees vs Brady that would be my preferred matchup.

NEFAN

Rookie
Reactions
It's been a day. What really happened to Gordon? Any news?

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions

Yes, but the Pats beat the Giants in 2007 New England Patriots at New York Giants - December 29th, 2007 | Pro-Football-Reference.com and then lost the Super Bowl to the Giants.Super Bowl XLII - New York Giants vs. New England Patriots - February 3rd, 2008 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Steelers beat NE in the Halloween game New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers - October 31st, 2004 | Pro-Football-Reference.com and then NE beat Pitt in the 2004 AFCC. AFC Championship - New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers - January 23rd, 2005 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The Bears need to run the ball to control the clock and play defense and they can beat any team including NO and KC.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
It's been a day. What really happened to Gordon? Any news?

The NFL announced that when Gordon comes back that he can use the number 420.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Again WTH is that being based on? What facts are you privy to that others, including Belichick who made a statement of support for Gordon this morning, aren't?
Do you really believe that Belichick would have made that statement if Gordon was making self indulgent 'lifestyle' decisions?
Of course he would.

Gordon has shown time and again that football isn’t very important to him.

I guess everyone who ever does anything wrong is faultless in your enabling world.

primetime

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
A true internet warrior like poster AndyJohnson, a man who averages somewhere close to 4,000 fuming posts a year on a football message board and is clearly in good control of his impulses, would have simply willed the addiction away. Unlike him, Josh Gordon is a weakling and deserves no sympathy.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
A true internet warrior like poster AndyJohnson, a man who averages somewhere close to 4,000 angry posts a year on a football message board, would have simply willed the addiction away. Unlike him, Josh Gordon is a weakling and deserves no sympathy.
If josh Gordon is battling addiction then he deserves sympathy.
But it’s an insult to those who truly suffer from an affliction to blame he affliction for the actions of someone who just chooses to screw up.
There is no weakling or tough guy aspect, but I see why you go there do because sensationalizing gives you something to post.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Addiction is awful.
Only thing ive ever been addicted to was Ciggs and quit cold turkey at 20.
I was a miserable human being for about a month.
I ate candy everytime I thought about a cigg.
Replacing one indulgement for another.
I know not ideal but it worked for me.

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I guess everyone who ever does anything wrong is faultless in your enabling world.

You'd guess wrong, for instance I find you to be at fault quite often, but no doubt you will later state it as a matter of fact rather than just another lame ass opinion with nothing to back it up. Interesting to note what you chose to respond to and what you didn't. Again, what verifiable evidence do you have that Gordon got nailed for weed and that it was a 'lifestyle' choice? All we know for facts are that he has acknowledged mental health issues and has previously admitted to abusing several substances in (among other places) a GQ interview which can be verified here:
Josh Gordon on Addiction, His NFL Comeback, and Using Before Games

Where's your link?

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
They’re both doubt. Doubt is ultimately the reason why you (incorrectly, I might add) cited me as being a quitter. If there isn’t doubt, then why include the word “maybe” in there? What’s your reasoning behind that? Give that some good thought before responding (if you even do). I’m legitimately interested.
Hahaha my bad Kontra you're right we have the exact same opinion of this team right now.:rolleyes:
I've got a little bit of doubt because you know it's hard to actually win a SB and you've proclaimed the "Season over".

primetime

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
If josh Gordon is battling addiction then he deserves sympathy.
But it’s an insult to those who truly suffer from an affliction to blame he affliction for the actions of someone who just chooses to screw up.
There is no weakling or tough guy aspect, but I see why you go there do because sensationalizing gives you something to post.

If only you had the discipline to quit posting, but you keep choosing to screw up and mash that reply button...

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
It's never stopped you before.
That the (ahem) strength of your position has you resorting to name calling now is all the answer anyone requires. Maybe you should just step back and let the adults talk. While you may enjoy endless circular arguments, you really aren't very good at rational debate.

But then you probably just can't resist indulging in your own addiction.

edit: apparently Andy's quote referring to me as that portion of the human body that excretes waste was excised from my post. It read:
"And of course it’s an opinion you arrogant (expletive). How could it be anything but? Unlike you I don’t profess to know things that I don’t have all the facts about."

Interesting to note that minus the portion of it where he childishly lost his composure his original post was left yet here where I quoted it all of it was completely removed and this post now looks nonsensical. Apparently it's not just Josh Gordon that gets enabled.

Last edited:

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
If only you had the discipline to quit posting, but you keep choosing to screw up and mash that reply button...
That’s all you got?
Nice job deflecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick