PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon - Ready for Comeback! (Updated Sunday 8/25! Returns to practice, off NFI!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be good for Rivers or Calhoun to still be absent. Maybe IR for Calhoun (with Meredith and probably Cajuste).

Rivers could be in real danger of just getting outright cut - they won't IR him in year 3 of 4, I don't think.

Can Cajuste start on PUP? He hasn't practiced at all, has he? Maybe with Meredith and Cameron as IR/Designated for return? Not sure how this works.
Cajuste is in nfi and Meredith is on pup. Neither need to go on Ir.
There is no designation for return any more.

Who is Cameron?

If rivers is injured and released he has to revert to IR.

No. 39 - Danny Woodhead
No. 96 - Adalius Thomas

I hope I don't eat my words, but If Gordon is ever going to stay clean for a season, it will be this season. He is on a RFA contract this year which makes him a UFA after the season.

Staying clean for this season with good numbers may possibly convince someone team to take a gamble on him "in his mind". I don't see much guaranteed money in his future, but he could get a offer with a ton of bonues and incentives to stay clean.

A great productive season from Gordon.... another superbowl, and a 3rd round pick if he walks, is what I am hoping for.....

Rivers is very close to becoming the next Shawn Crable.

Rivers is very close to becoming the next Shawn Crable.

Gotter amit that "The Crab" was one of 2 guys I had a case against from Day Early. His chicken legs were the portent of doom.

Rivers..... Can’t make the club from the tub

Bye Bye

There's a difference between being hurt a lot and being unable to play.
You could make a case that neither Rivers & Crable could play, nor stay healthy.

There's a difference between being hurt a lot and being unable to play.
They both have similar stories. Both 3rd rounders. Both had high hopes to becoming a good pass rusher. Both couldn’t get on the field or stay on the field due to injuries.

They both have similar stories. Both 3rd rounders. Both had high hopes to becoming a good pass rusher. Both couldn’t get on the field or stay on the field due to injuries.
Similar in those ways, yeah. Not similar in that when Crable WAS on the field, he didn't look like he belonged, whereas earlier in camp, Rivers was playing really well.

Similar in those ways, yeah. Not similar in that when Crable WAS on the field, he didn't look like he belonged, whereas earlier in camp, Rivers was playing really well.
Rivers has shown pretty much nothing when it matters.

Apolologies if I have missed this but can Gordon play against the Giants ?. Everything I have seen seems to state he can only play week -1 onwards. Just wondered if this is a league restriction or just something the team has decided.

Apolologies if I have missed this but can Gordon play against the Giants ?. Everything I have seen seems to state he can only play week -1 onwards. Just wondered if this is a league restriction or just something the team has decided.
He wasn't eligible to play last week. This week he is eligible.

Thanks, hopefully we will get to him play and what his fitness levels are

Me after seeing this post pop up in my Twitter feed:

source.gif

Me after seeing this post pop up in my Twitter feed:

source.gif

Same, I swear I thought it was a message that either he was retiring or got busted again.

"IF" and it's a Big "IF" Josh Gordon keeps his head straight for a Full season I think he could come close to that 2013 season in Cleveland. I have said this before and will say it again I think Gordon is the closest player to Mega-tron I've ever seen.

"IF" and it's a Big "IF" Josh Gordon keeps his head straight for a Full season I think he could come close to that 2013 season in Cleveland. I have said this before and will say it again I think Gordon is the closest player to Mega-tron I've ever seen.

As a fan of the New England Patriots, I hope he does his job and fits nicely as a piece of the 53 man roster working together towards its 7th Lombardi trophy.

The 2013 Gordons, the Megatrons, the ODBs all seem to play on losing teams that have little offensive depth. At some point, it should be obvious to all that it is not a recipe for success.

I'll settle for Anquan Boldin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots