PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonah Williams wants out of Cinn. He wants to stay at LT and Orlando Brown does too.

I can't see giving $12M next year to a guy his team gave Orlando Brown that huge contract to not have to play Williams at LT next season.

I can't see giving $12M next year to a guy his team gave Orlando Brown that huge contract to not have to play Williams at LT next season.

Agree it is kind of obvious. Cincinnati outbid KC for OB Jr. because Williams was one of the worse LTs last year. Maybe he was playing injured, I don't know. At $12M we do not want him.

Tyler Steen(1st),Jaelyn Duncan(2nd), maybe a shot at Broderick Jones in round 3, maybe steal Jordan Morgan in the 5th....no way I want this Bengal bust at any price...12 million per? delusional

Williams saw a noticeable dip in 2022, though. He went from eight sacks allowed and a 77.1 PFF grade in 2021 to 12 sacks allowed and a 61.2 PFF grade in 2022.

Thanks nbc sports!

Tyler Steen(3rd),Jaelyn Duncan(2nd), maybe a shot at Broderick Jones in round 1, maybe steal Jordan Morgan in the 5th....no way I want this Bengal bust at any price...12 million per? delusional
with these changes i agree

They signed Riley Reiff, why do we want Williams?

There’s a reason the Bengals want to move him to RT.

They signed Riley Reiff, why do we want Williams?

There’s a reason the Bengals want to move him to RT.
there is also a reason the bengals moved on from reiff after one season while they still badly needed o line talent

there is also a reason the bengals moved on from reiff after one season while they still badly needed o line talent
Age, injury, money… Jonah Williams simply isn’t that good a player. The Bengals have had one of the worst lines for a long time.

Draft one, we have enough vet bandaids with Reiff, McDermott and Anderson.

Age, injury, money… Jonah Williams simply isn’t that good a player.
that is true, i want no part of williams
but reiff isn't any better at all or they would have kept him and benched williams
The Bengals have had one of the worst lines for a long time.

Draft one, we have enough vet bandaids with Reiff, McDermott and Anderson.

Jones, Cyrus
Don’t move the goalposts. You intimated that Saban has always steered Bill in the wrong direction “over the years” about Bama players. I was merely refusing that with a recent, obvious example.

Jonah Williams wants to play left tackle. Trent Brown wants to play right tackle. What's the problem? Done deal.

He had a tough 2022, very tough, but there were some extenuating circumstances (injuries, rookie LG). On the other hand, I don’t know how one can look at his 2021 performance and come to the conclusion that he sucks.

that is true, i want no part of williams
but reiff isn't any better at all or they would have kept him and benched williams
Riley got hurt, he was old. You wouldn't keep him over a guy on a rookie deal who was cheap.

Jonah Williams is also in the last year of his rookie deal, so you have to pay him.

Draft one.

Last edited:
Don’t move the goalposts. You intimated that Saban has always steered Bill in the wrong direction “over the years” about Bama players. I was merely refusing that with a recent, obvious example.
Not moving any goal posts. one example hardly proves any point

Jonah Williams wants to play left tackle. Trent Brown wants to play right tackle. What's the problem? Done deal.
Cousins ,
If Williams wants out and we would want his services, there might be a solution. This might involve the Broncos too. The Broncos are rumored to want another piece besides a second rounder and are in the market for veteran OL help.
See if the Bengals take a 3rd and a 4th for Williams, Send our second round #46 to the Broncos with Trent Brown for Jerry Jeudy. Brown has a healthy CAP number to aleviate the Willimas number. Now trade down from #14 and pick up a late first like#29 from the Saints plus their #50 in the 2nd (trade numbers work) and you are back in business with two starters.

Just a thought.
DW Toys

Cousins ,
If Williams wants out and we would want his services, there might be a solution. This might involve the Broncos too. The Broncos are rumored to want another piece besides a second rounder and are in the market for veteran OL help.
See if the Bengals take a 3rd and a 4th for Williams, Send our second round #46 to the Broncos with Trent Brown for Jerry Jeudy. Brown has a healthy CAP number to aleviate the Willimas number. Now trade down from #14 and pick up a late first like#29 from the Saints plus their #50 in the 2nd (trade numbers work) and you are back in business with two starters.

Just a thought.
DW Toys
Beautiful I hope BB is working that behind the scenes we get a LT and a bonafide Reciever. :cool:

I found it interesting that Bill asked Saban whether Jonah Williams could play both tackle and guard doing that conversation. Maybe he was just asking about his versatility, but also makes me wonder if he wasn’t sold on him as a franchise LT. maybe it is just Bill being Bill, trying to anticipate every possible scenario, but it struck me as a strange question.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back