PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Lynch signs with Pats (Confirmed by Schefter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Thought it was the Bolts and the Colts who cared about Pro Bowls. ;)

I think this is a great signing by the Pats. I heard he wanted to sign here 4 years back but the Broncos never let him get on that plane to Boston. He will be a great teacher in helping the likes merriweather and sanders. I also hear that merriweather has taken great strides in trying to become a vocal leader on the defense. Hanging around Rodney all the time will do that for a young pup.

I asked Matt Bowen this question from Nationfootballpost.com (great site btw)

Hey Matt how do you think he will co exist with Rodney on this team? Also can Lynch still play?? I haven’t heard a lot about him in a year or so..

Answer...

Matt M- Veteran teams like the Patriots will welcome him because they know it will make them better…. As for Lynch himself, he can play in the correct role. He isn’t going to play the entire game, but when he is in there he will produce. Look for Belichick to use him to put some pressure on the quarterback as well– Lynch can still blitz with the best of them off of the edge. He knows and can read protection schemes better than a linebacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back