SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

John Bolton's legacy?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by vuudu, Jun 21, 2020.

1. vuudu

vuudu Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +5,137
    I think what he is doing is dangerous, I have never seen anything like this. He is completely destroying the President of United States on national stage. Watching his ABC interview is giving me all sort of qualms about how the rest of the world especially those who don't like us are going to us this information.
    He seems to want to appear as some sort of hero, but he comes across to me as a snake.
    It's sad to see parts of American happy that Classified info and things said in confidence is released to the public just because it is Trump. This can't happen again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  2. Kdo5

Kdo5 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,477
    Bolton is awful and pretty much everyone hates him on the left and the right. He is no hero that's for damn sure.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,251
    Trump hired people whose arrogance is only surpassed by his own. Then it seems that when they weren't in perfect lock step with him and had the audacity to challenge him he fired them. I think it was inevitable that when you scorn people with egos like that then they might put revenge ahead of every other consideration.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,974
    Just another person whistle blowing an incompetent buffoon.

Wake up to the reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. vuudu

vuudu Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +5,137
    Trying to make profit from something like this is not it. It brings into question his credibility. If he had nothing to gain and he was doing this for the love of his country, it will have been one thing. But this is a conniving act in my opinion. He looks like a despicable person to be around.
    His accounts may be true, but this is not how you treat your beloved country. He is crazy.
    The government spends so much time and money training every year on insider threat and the focus is usually on foreign born naturalized Americans. Bolton is the biggest insider threat there ever was.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  6. IllegalContact

IllegalContact PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15,489
    You can’t make this argument without hammering Trump’s conflicts of interest first.

Trump hired him, then fired him. If he expects total loyalty when hired, he should expect the opposite when fired.

Bolton typifies ‘the swamp’

• Like Like x 2
  7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +1,670
    I am not a fan of Bolton. A judge has decided his book does not have classified material. Does it really matter, as excerpts are already printed. My issue is Bolton did not testify against Trump. I tend to believe the information in the book as it is comparable my judgement of Trump. Which means Bolton's motive was purely monetary. Like you mentioned, he was not doing this for the love of his country. Bolton says he is voting for Biden. For me, that is the bottom line. He will take votes away from Trump. Bolton's legacy will decrease and become a side note. A person's legacy is all that matters when you are gone.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. lancerman

lancerman In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,888
    Bolton has always been garbage. But before Trump he would have went down as a right wing hero. Take that for what you will

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. patman12

patman12 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,732
    I don’t doubt Bolton’s veracity when it comes to what he has written and said in interviews about Trump.

I do, however, question his motives and loyalty to country. Had he testified to Congress during the impeachment hearings first and then came out with this book, it would have sat much better with me. As it is, he appears to be an opportunist that is only interested in Bolton.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +15,489
    actually, I don't think it would have mattered.........the senate was not going to vote to impeach Trump anyway.

It is a possible mindset that doing a book instead could provide a greater impact.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +15,489
    Bolton's testimony quite likely would not have changed the result of the impeachment, at which time it would have been less effective than what it is doing now

12. patman12

patman12 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,732
    Probably not, but it would have made it forever part of the historical record and would have made me look at Bolton’s priorities differently.

But I suppose this book release was intentionally planned to be released at a time when it could do maximum damage to hurt Trump’s re-election chances.

13. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +15,489
    maybe, but tell all is still more info than only responding to the ukraine relevant questions that would have been asked

Mary Trump's book up next

14. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Actually, Unless he said that in his interview, which I did not see, he said he would not vote for Biden and would write in a Republican in his book

As I read the book, I did not see “classified info “ but I did cringe at some of the revelations as damaging to foreign policy due to the exposure of their thought process. Not sure how a judge will rule but he does describe the negotiations and what the US wanted and what it got or gave up. I was more uneasy about that than anything specific he said. It isn’t always pretty and could be damaging to future negotiations with some leaders overseas.

15. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +1,670
    I read an article that he would vote for Biden and went back to find the link. What a convoluted mess. Don't know if he was misquoted or he changed his response. He does not support Trump, will not vote for Biden and hopes for a one-term presidency.

16. FirstAndGoal

Ratings:
    +1,424
    I said I would keep the emerging themes to myself for a while but since Bolton spoke in an interview, a couple of themes kept emerging from his spin which re-enforced the differences in experience. The first is that our foreign policy is more tactical than strategic at this time. We are very willing to give up many strategic approaches for tactical gain. Most decisions are being made based on economic impact which is why we have essentially abandoned Hong Kong and supported the Saudi Prince as well as a number of treaties and initiatives. Some people might think that is the way to go so if so, he is doing what you want as his background is business. We are taking an very narrow and immediate approach to that and this is why many people involved in strategic planning are his biggest critics.

If you find Bolton believable, then the decisions and disregard for certain upsetting decisions make sense. The US has been very committed in the past to shaping strategic leadership and that is probably the biggest thing we are withdrawing from if it means economic gain. It just comes down to what you think about the US role in the world is. If you think we should not have one and we should make all decisions based on economic gains, he is doing fine. If you think we have a bigger role, we are in a dangerous time. That is what I have been getting from the book.

17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +25,879
    [​IMG]

John Bolton is just one more unelected government worker - past and present
    who thinks they are the sharpest knife in the drawer ... there is too many of that type.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. FirstAndGoal

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Yeah, he is relay taking the ****y way out. He thinks Trump is dangerous enough to make that judgement but can not bring himself to support Biden so it is a protest vote. Either **** or get off the pot

19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +25,879
    Bolton is indicative of the description of swamp ... unelected DC republicans, democrats, independents who think they have a right to run this country as they see fit. ... too many of them. Their job is to help the current elected officials and their policies ... this is a huge problem in this country and will continue to be moving forward.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,262
    Guy sux just like Roose & Ramsay

• Funny Funny x 1