PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jews for Judaism

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Here's a useful link. This is an organization formed to counter religious conversion campaigns directed against/at Jews.

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/

For those who missed it, we've had a good deal of back and forth on the subject of proselytizing on this board, in particular the attempts of some board members to proselytize to other, sometimes specifically Jewish posters via website links.

As for the above link: I certainly do not say that every opinion expressed therein matches my own. I have read through their "Was Jesus the Messiah?" thread, and found it interesting, if you like chapter-and-verse arguments. (Me, I'm more a "spirit of the book," "divine inspiration," "everybody interprets" guy.)

I considered the original proselytizing here to be in poor taste, and certainly would not have posted this link were it not for the precedent. My purpose in posting it is to demonstrate the phenomenon of divergent readings of scripture, and to counter the notion that any one group "explains away" scripture, while another group literally adheres to it.

Of course, it's also a great tool for people of the Jewish religion who've been bombarded with solicitations for their conversion, here or anywhere else. I am especially thinking of any kids who have had this experience, or the parents of those kids.

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
Here's a useful link. This is an organization formed to counter religious conversion campaigns directed against/at Jews.

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/

For those who missed it, we've had a good deal of back and forth on the subject of proselytizing on this board, in particular the attempts of some board members to proselytize to other, sometimes specifically Jewish posters via website links.

As for the above link: I certainly do not say that every opinion expressed therein matches my own. I have read through their "Was Jesus the Messiah?" thread, and found it interesting, if you like chapter-and-verse arguments. (Me, I'm more a "spirit of the book," "divine inspiration," "everybody interprets" guy.)

I considered the original proselytizing here to be in poor taste, and certainly would not have posted this link were it not for the precedent. My purpose in posting it is to demonstrate the phenomenon of divergent readings of scripture, and to counter the notion that any one group "explains away" scripture, while another group literally adheres to it.

Of course, it's also a great tool for people of the Jewish religion who've been bombarded with solicitations for their conversion, here or anywhere else. I am especially thinking of any kids who have had this experience, or the parents of those kids.

PFnV

awesome site. thanks PatsFaninVa!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes