PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE has won 2 SBs since this game....TWO. And 6 more division crowns. It's almost as if this game didn't matter...just like the Jets. :eek:
But the Jets went to 2 AFCCG's under Rex! Imagine if that was all you had as a fan of your team in 50+ years. It's like an albatross...what could have been but never will be.

But the Jets went to 2 AFCCG's under Rex! Imagine if that was all you had as a fan of your team in 50+ years. It's like an albatross...what could have been but never will be.

It's like people who make New Year's resolutions to lose weight. They make them, drive all the way up to the gym, get on the treadmill.......and then fall on it. Might as well not even got out of the damn house.

NE has won 2 SBs since this game....TWO. And 6 more division crowns. It's almost as if this game didn't matter...just like the Jets. :eek:

Of course I'd take the 2 SBs, but I still love the fact the Pats can't beat NY/NJ in the playoffs.

A "city" with two teams? Nonsense. The Giants own New York, the Green Beans own a few polluted acres of New Jersey swamp.
They don't even own that.

They are homeless vagabonds, green slime glacially slithering down society's decaying edifices.

Facebook releases NFL fan map of US; Jets have no fans

Facebook-NFL-fan-map.338.png

Like 34 mil.

NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

Then add in Sheldon's 8mil and maybe even Decker. Might be approaching 50mil.

And in our corner, $65M in cap room, two of the last three Super Bowls, the best quarterback of all time on a team friendly deal and every intention of ending his career here, and the best coach/GM of all time. Your only upside is that Gee-No Smith's contract ran out before the management had a massive brain fart and resigned him, but there's still time for that.

Though if they are in the bottom quarter win wise, they better go all out and get the #1 for 2018.

How has that worked out for you in the past?

You can be sure that (a) the Jets are so bad at executing they'll find a way to accidentally win a game or two even when it's clearly not in their interest to do so, or (2) they will do another Ken O'Brien instead of Dan Marino kind of pick. You can bank on it.

Tank, sure. But still develop the young LBs, oline, WRs and so on... So they're ready to flip the switch for 2018. As long as I see progress, I'll be happy.

2016 was just a complete waste.

But the Jets won't be able to get that right. If they tank next year, and then manage to draft a good QB, and somehow get a new coaching staff that can develop him, it will be three years before he's capable of leading a team to playoff success. By then, that young core of players you cite will be past their early contracts, and on the good ones will be gone as FA's while the Jets will sign the obnoxious, me-first players that their fans love to long term, cap-consuming deals. The young, capable QB will either have his confidence broken by this experience coupled with WFAN, or be ready to ditch your team and city by his fifth year.

Except for 1985 and 2007. :p

I love the fact that the Jets have never won the AFC Championship. The AFC has only held it 47 times over 47 years, so no big deal. :eek:

Well... the Pats still don't have an AFL championship.

But the Jets won't be able to get that right. If they tank next year, and then manage to draft a good QB, and somehow get a new coaching staff that can develop him, it will be three years before he's capable of leading a team to playoff success. By then, that young core of players you cite will be past their early contracts, and on the good ones will be gone as FA's while the Jets will sign the obnoxious, me-first players that their fans love to long term, cap-consuming deals. The young, capable QB will either have his confidence broken by this experience coupled with WFAN, or be ready to ditch your team and city by his fifth year.

It seems like many of you only care about winning a SB. I suppose that's understandable after your current run, but take a look at Patriot history. ... lol, it's probably time to start tempering expectations a bit. Otherwise many of you are going to be very unhappy campers soon. Or worse yet, you'll stop watching the game.

If only the SB winning team's fans had a fun/enjoyable season, the NFL wouldn't exist.

Now I understand the thinking a bit since I'm a Yankee fan. But I try to do the best I can to stop always thinking it's a World Series or bust. Watching teams develop and/or play well, and especially overachieve when not expected to is damn fun. I'd even say many times more fun that just watching a team always win.

I'd even say many times more fun that just watching a team always win.

Just like you sig picture, where you get kissed on the cheek by a girl at an age so young you think something really good just happened.

This right here is the definition of happiness.

NE really doesn't do well vs NY in the playoffs, does it?

1) Thankfully, the Jets are so terrible that it doesn't happen very often.
2) The Patriots are 2-1 all-time vs. the Jets in the playoffs.

Yo ... Tune ... it's 2017 ... time to start a new one.,:confused::confused::confused:

Yo....Icy...He said March 9th.... a couple of times.... :D (<< This means I'm joking)

It seems like many of you only care about winning a SB. I suppose that's understandable after your current run, but take a look at Patriot history. ... lol, it's probably time to start tempering expectations a bit. Otherwise many of you are going to be very unhappy campers soon. Or worse yet, you'll stop watching the game.

If only the SB winning team's fans had a fun/enjoyable season, the NFL wouldn't exist.

Now I understand the thinking a bit since I'm a Yankee fan. But I try to do the best I can to stop always thinking it's a World Series or bust. Watching teams develop and/or play well, and especially overachieve when not expected to is damn fun. I'd even say many times more fun that just watching a team always win.

I enjoy winning. I enjoy blowouts even more. It's been so long since the Pats did anything else that it's difficult to say how I'd react to losing again.

Jet fans are sub-mongoloidal examples of the decline of western civilization. If only there was a reboot option or a Destroy Franchise protocol to alleviate the effects this fetid green pestilence has had on humanity.

I have no problem rooting for a franchise that doesn't win, if the ownership has integrity, the coaches are competent, the players committed and the other fans people I can respect. The Jets score ZERO by that standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes