PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets seeing red over "seeing ghosts"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno know. Gase, Bell, etc seem like they are making a huge deal about this.

He said he was seeing ghosts. So what?
What am I missing?

Is it a case of protecting a young QB who happens to also be a hypersensitive primadonna ?

Gase is deflecting. He has come up with a minor issue and is blowing it way out of proportion so people won't talk about how unprepared his team was. How poorly they executed his putrid game plan and how they made no adjustments at all at half time which could have easily led to his star QB getting injured.
Thank God Gase is the coach for the Jets, I hope this works and they keep him around a long time.

So as a Pats and Nats fan I’m not sure whether tonight matches last night. Nah, it doesn’t even come close.

Nats have a real good shot, I said it going into last night. Anyone but Atlanta! Good Luck.

so the idea of being mic'd up is only so we can hear positive comments? Screw that...

so the idea of being mic'd up is only so we can hear positive comments? Screw that...
For all 32 owners & coaches and all 1696 players that is EXACTLY the idea. Same reason why you could be 0–16 but the season recap NFL Films does on you will say nothing but positive things.

It sounds like Gase is spooked. He knows he doesn't stand a ghost of a chance of keeping his job past this season. Darnold's poltergeist experience was a memento mori for the coach. Gase is a dead man walking -- and he knows it.

He already knew it the day he signed the contract to be the Jets HC:

Dw5PKFCWoAAiJ5Z.jpg

So as a Pats and Nats fan I’m not sure whether tonight matches last night. Nah, it doesn’t even come close.

Sing it, brotha'! Thursday night will save me from sleep deprivation insanity.
Wife and I have tickets to Sunday's game. They are way up in the right field corner, and I couldn't care less.

Their next game is in Jville? Everyone in the stands should be wearing a ghost costume.
Maybe there are already ghosts filling those empty seats. Sam will see a sellout.

Regards,
Chris

How is that different than a QB being miked up where he says to the OC, "They disguised that well; I totally didn't see that."?

I mean, he WAS seeing ghosts. He was a totally fooled on coverages and such. He was being honest. Yeah it looks bad but why? We all know he's a very young and inexperienced QB facing an historically good defense. The issue is only if he doesn't learn from this moving forward. But the comment itself? Who cares?
I agree.
Sam and Gase should have handled it better.

Sam should have smirked and said something like " Yea, I've got a lot to learn as a young QB. They showed a lot of looks that had me 2nd guessing. I've got to work on that. It's a common term used in that situation".

But they (Sam, Gase ) made it bigger than it was.

Either way, he's stuck with it for life.
The Pats will forever be linked, by haters, to cheating (Who cares) and the Jete will be linked to being Baffoons.

On another note, Darnold was too ****y coming in.
He was mic'd up thinking they were going to expose the Pats D, and that would be the highlights all week. IMO

Welcome to earth Sam.

Disagree. This is what “miked up” is about, catching the raw unfiltered expressions in the heat of the moment. Yeah it sucks for the player but it makes for great entertainment value, and that’s what the NFL is delivering, not warm fuzzy cuddles to soothe the egos of fragile snowflakes who melt under pressure. And it’s part of what he gets paid the big bucks and gets star status for, putting himself in harm’s way psychically as well as physically.
By agreement, they're supposed to be edited.

Geez, the fact that he said this 10 days before Halloween ensures that this will be the longest week and a half of his life....................

What the over/under on the number of fans who show up in ghost costumes at his next Away game?

I can't help delighting in the irony of the Jets, who started the whole "Patriots are cheaters" canard because of the placement of an otherwise legal camera, agreeing to mic up their quarterback and having the result blow up in their collective faces.
I hadn't thought of it from that angle...good point!

here's a bad comment...**** Samchez, screw Googly Gasbag Gase, ES&D bigmouth Jete morons
Joker, you should be miked up for 24 hours...now, that would be high quality Reality TV!

HMMMMM.................would make for a good halloween costume now.......

Get a Sam Darnold T Shirt and attach ghosts to it (bonus points for putting Pats' logos on the ghosts)

I've never spent any time on an NFL sideline but it's hard to believe you want a QB who says stuff like that even when he's in the midst of a terrible game. That doesn't sound like a guy who believes in himself.
Sounds to me like a guy being honest with himself. Guy went through hell, and had crap for support or preparation from his coach. Seems a departure from your typical perspective expressed on this forum. If this were a young Russel Wilson, or RGIII, would you hold such a harsh perspective on the player? Or would the player be a victim?

Last edited:
Guess I don't see the problem/controversy.

Its a player basically just saying how well the other team is playing.

To me its like Brady saying to Edelman (or Welker heh) in the Superbowl: "Its like throwing in a forest out there." (best I remember it)

A game he lost.
If the average person had a modicum of compassion and understanding, they would take the comment at face value and gain insight into the player, the game and situation rather than seeing the player with disgust.

The problem isn't what the player said. The problem is how NFL fans and mediots perceive such a human moment and how they'll react and treat the player afterwards. It's really quite sad. :(

The dude got mono at an age where he is eligible to vote. Let that sink in and then I ask...what would make the Jets even possibly think he was going to potentionally give a "positive" legendary soundbite? That sums the Jets up right there.

There are not enough laughing emojis on here for that franchise.
So a lapse in immune system effectiveness is indicative of a person's character? That's harsh, man.

Bottom line: Players say things like this on sideline a lot. Jets --and Darnold-- got screwed here.

I’m gonna call bulls*** on this one. Players don’t walk to the sideline and say they were seeing ghosts a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes