PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Hiring Adam Gase as new HC

Interesting that McCarthy would rather sit out then coach the Bengals or Dolphins.

Interesting. McCarthy went 5-6 in playoffs since 2010 SB win with Rodgers, missing playoffs the last 2 years. That's a lot of experience that can only help the NYJ.
A lot of bad experience? Going 5-6 in the playoffs with Rodgers isn't exactly a glittering resume.

This organization is so laughably arrogant and stupid. They won’t give any decent coaches any freedom to make decisions because they already know everything. Just look at their past results.
Hey, they're tied for the second most SB victories in the AFC East!

It's not even about Gase, as Gase, for me. It's about any guy who just got fired, partly because he couldn't corral the stronger personalities in the South Beach environment, now being hired to corral strong personalities in New York.

Hey, they're tied for the second most SB victories in the AFC East!
I had to look it up. Miami won the SB twice, so the Jets aren't even that.

And if you add the AFL days, they also trail the Bills (2 AFL championships) and the Houston Oilers (2 AFL championships as members of the AFL East).

Wow, I'm not the hugest McCarthy guy but thought he'd actually be a great fit with the Jets/young QB.

Instead a mediocre losing record coach jumps from one AFC East team to another? Perfect.

Look forward to listening to WFAN tomorrow!

NFL Rankings for Gase's Miami Dolphins

Penalty Yardage Lost
2016 - 3rd
2017 - 2nd
2018 - 9th

Offensive DVOA
2016 - 14th (16th passing)
2017 - 27th (23rd passing)
2018 - 26th (27th passing)

Offense
2016 - 17th scoring, 24th yards
2017 - 28th scoring, 25th yards
2018 - 26th scoring, 31st yards
Losing your top offensive players will do that .

The jury is still out on Gase as Tannenbaum was awful and so is Maccagnan.

After NY I highly doubt he'll be a HC again

Gase is an offensive coordinator. If they draft heavily on offense maybe they can get into the playoffs, the Jets usually don't stink on defense

The epitome of stupidity a coach that the Jets see twice a year and was an abysmal failure within the conference now becomes your head coach??

The 5 & 1 record against your team must have been the shiny bead they all hung onto for the NY Jets... after all what could possibly go wrong with a coach who has a 23 & 25 record all time coming to one of the biggest, most scrutinized stages in the NFL...

OTOH the Jets be content with mediocre seasons instead of really crappy seasons..

giselle.jpg

"My husband can't coach and hire his own staff at the same f*ckin time!"

The Forehead calls
The Jete Listen

Multiple reports say Mccarthy and Jets hashing out the details on a pact.

Thoughts.
Looks like they didn't have enough hash.
So McCarthy wanted more control - Jets said no
Rhule wanted to bring in his coaches - Jets said no

Lmao
McCagnon has spent all their draft capital on the D side of the ball, most of which doesn't even finish out their rookie contract in NY never mind stay long term. They interview an offense first Super Bowl winning coach coming off a 13 year gig and tell him he can't have control. They hire an OC disguised as a HC known for poor discipline who hasn't done anything with his early opportunities, largely because he would let them keep their dysfunctional management structure.

There's only one way to look at this: SOFJ.

Meanwhile they teased their fan base with McCarthy and they served up Gase instead, leaving the fans with a giant case of the blue balls.

So, how are those PSL sales looking these days, LOL!

That's great. It's been a while since the inmates openly ran the nuthouse with the Jets and I was beginning to miss the dysfunction.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back