PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fire defensive coordinator Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
EM needs to build a staff, is he going to raid the Patriots?

Bill's Girl said:

Felger said last night on NEST that he's not doing the hiring of coahes, Bradway is. That should just work wonderful for them.

Bill's Girl said:
What do the Jets pay an Asst. vs. what the Pats pay?

What is the likelihood of either team making the playoffs and Superbowl next year, enhancing an assistant's resume in the current 'coaching tree' flavor of the moment environment?

Mangini has three teams whose staff he might raid for people he knows or who have worked with the BB defensive system: NE, Cleveland, and Baltimore.

NE just locked in the DC whom he might have tried to take, and the two remaining defensive coaches are better off remaining in NE considering future financial opportunities as coordinators and head coaches. If he doesn't retain Heimerdinger, he may make a run on Fears, Dabol, McDaniels, or Mangurian for OC, that would be a step up for each.

There was speculation he may try to take Davidson from Romeo for OC, but with all the interest in Carthon as a Head Coach, Davidson would be a primary candidate to be Romeo's OC in a year or two, and Davidson wanted to be in Cleveland....

I would expect EM to run his own defense this year, and try to develop his DC from his position coaches, or wait for Pepper to get another year under his belt and bid for him next year (when does Pepper's contract run out?). EM also has the problem of not having built up his defensive personnel for the BB 3-4.

It will be more interesting to watch the interest in Patriot FA's....

Does anyone know if Phifer ever expressed an interest in coaching, he might be a decent LB coach for EM?

Bill's Girl said:
They're all under contract, he can't without Belichick's permission.

BelichickFan said:
They're all under contract, he can't without Belichick's permission.

Thanks everyone! Just say NO Bill!

Box_O_Rocks said:
If he doesn't retain Heimerdinger, he may make a run on Fears, Dabol, McDaniels, or Mangurian for OC, that would be a step up for each.
Just a 'by the way'.. word on the Jests board is that the Jests and Bradway want badly to keep Dinger, but he's looking to get out as fast as he can.

Bill's Girl said:
Thanks everyone! Just say NO Bill!
After losing 3 coordinators + Davidson in 2 years, I doubt Bill will be letting coaches go. Just like he didn't allow Saban to talk to Pees about being Miami's DC. I'm sure he's all for helping their personal situations if he can but enough is enough.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
the Jests and Bradway want badly to keep Dinger, but he's looking to get out as fast as he can.
Well he was a highly thought of coordinator himself in Tenessee, he's probably thinking "who the f*ck is this Mangini guy to walk into a HC job at his age".

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Just a 'by the way'.. word on the Jests board is that the Jests and Bradway want badly to keep Dinger, but he's looking to get out as fast as he can.
I've noticed the same being reported in other threads, can't blame him, he's got jack to work with. If I was Mangini I'd still try and smooth things over with him, just not at the expense of what limited HCing control I do have from 'NE's man in NY' {;)}.

Peter King said that Eric has no authority to hire/fire coaches and no authority on personnel.

That poor guy is totally screwed.

PATSNUTme said:
Peter King said that Eric has no authority to hire/fire coaches and no authority on personnel.

That poor guy is totally screwed.

HAHA!! I told you the Jets just wanted poor Eric for his playbook! You know, kind of like the hot girl that dates you for your hot car.....

Does EM need a hall pass to go to the little boy's room?

Bill's Girl said:
HAHA!! I told you the Jets just wanted poor Eric for his playbook! You know, kind of like the hot girl that dates you for your hot car.....

Does EM need a hall pass to go to the little boy's room?

I know. My hot car. All my money. My 'greek god' body.

It never ends.

Bill's Girl said:
Damn, that explains it. I always thought the hot girls wanted to date me for my equine-like equipment, now I know they were just after my AMC Matador. :(

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Damn, that explains it. I always thought the hot girls wanted to date me for my equine-like equipment, now I know they were just after my AMC Matador. :(

I never did that of course......;) From the front that car reminds me of the Maverick my parents had when I was a kid!

Bill's Girl said:
If I was Mangini, I'd be talking to Pepper Johnson right now! ("Hey Pepper, wanna be a DC?")

T-ShirtDynasty said:

J-E-T-S!!! JETS JETS JETS!!!!
It was great watching Tom Brady get his head taken off by John Lynch!!
Pats stink!!!your franchise is going down!!
btw!! thanks for mangini!!!!

Nice post, you Just End The Suffering tool. Keep clinging to those 1969 Super Bowl memories you ballbag...........

Jet's will probably win the Superbowl next season. Maybe even 3 out of 4. Their such a strong team with a gifted QB. If Pennington wasn't injured last season,and the season before that, he would probably be shooting for his 3rd straight MVP award. Curtis Martin is probably the best RB in football. Larry Johnson and Alexander have nothing on this guy.

Now let's hear the "Annie" Music and move on Jet's fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back