PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo's Lost Dog - RIP 'Knox'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also @TB_Helmet just as a heads up, you clicked agree on my above post when I had only wrote the initial first line, then I edited it and added a lot more of my opinion on castle doctrine law and defending personal property... so just wanted to give you the fair heads up that what you agreed with has changed quite a bit lol

Wish I could agree a second time!

Speaking of actors that I detest and/or have previously detested but who'ave sorta grown on me and who've done movies whose entire plots turn on the fate of a dog...Who's watched Equilibrium? Dystopian Movie #528, starring Christian Bale, one that I never would've ever heard of if not for my System of a Down obsession.

Funny thing is: I keep watching the movie, over and over again. :eek:

Hmm mixed reviews at best but decent audience score. If it sucks you'll owe me 3.99...

51xEzPV3VsL._SY445_.jpg

Speaking of actors that I detest and/or have previously detested but who'ave sorta grown on me and who've done movies whose entire plots turn on the fate of a dog...Who's watched Equilibrium? Dystopian Movie #528, starring Christian Bale, one that I never would've ever heard of if not for my System of a Down obsession.

Funny thing is: I keep watching the movie, over and over again. :eek:

Hmm mixed reviews at best but decent audience score. If it sucks you'll owe me 3.99...

I'm good for it.
thumb.gif

I'd probably be in jail if someone stole my dog and I found out who it was

This 100%. I have my boy chipped and a GPS collar. I'd kill any son of a you know....if they stole my Maximus.

Unless they tranqed the dog and his 'mom' (my redhead wife) anyone who had an interest in relieving us of our lovable brute probably wouldn't get to the point of dealing with me. He's as great a gentle family dog as anyone could ask for, the grandkids even rode him like a pony when they were little but from the outside of his pack looking in he is definitely Zevon's "100 pounds of unfriendly persuasion" although in his case it's about 130. The Excitable Boy put it better than I could, "Don't knock on my door if you don't know my Rottweiler's name."

I'd probably be in jail if someone stole my dog and I found out who it was

I have a big problem with the way the law is written regarding pets... Say for instance you're out walking your dog and some lunatic decides he wants to beat your dog to death with a stick for fun

If you were to assault that guy defending your dog, you would go to jail. Self defense doesn't work because the law views dogs as a piece of property, so no different than if you were to wake up and find someone running out of your house with your TV. You couldn't respond by smashing them in the face or shooting them, unfortunately.. You'd have to go down to the police station to file a report and take that person to small claims court to be reimbursed the cost of the TV

I'd legit lose my mind and go Pyscho Tom if someone ever tried to harm my dog in front of me, but the crazy thing is at the end of the day id be the one in handcuffs

The only time this doesn't apply are States that have the "Castle Doctrine", where you can defend your personal property with force.. but only on your land, so it still wouldn't apply if you were out walking your dog in a public park for instance
I doubt you'd find a jury that would unanimously vote to convict you.

I lost one of my dogs I wish I had as much attention. Good news I got him back after 4 very difficult days for me. I took him to a vet right away to have him checked out. The vet said he was fine but I looked like hell. Loving dogs is great and the love you get back is 10 times.

Be good to dogs and all animals domestic and wild.

Nice pups. You must be dedicated to care of 3 at once. Lots of quality time......like kids.
It’s actually not that bad. I brought the Golden into the relationship and she brought the Corgi/Beagle mix. We just adopted the German Shepherd/Doberman mix a month ago from the shelter and she’s a hurricane, though. We live near a dog park and I have a decently sized backyard so they get a lot of the energy out.

Here's mine. He actually acts just like a dog -- barks (bleeps) fast and loud when the garbage truck rumbles by to unload the dumpster, growls when pissed, gets all excited when the doorbell rings, loves getting his head scratched, etc.

Tunie 01:13 2 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine. He actually acts just like a dog -- barks (bleeps) fast and loud when the garbage truck rumbles by the unload the dumpster, growls when pissed, gets all excited when the doorbell rings, loves getting his head scratched, etc.

View attachment 20687
What kind of parrot is it?

Cute parrot. How old is he? What's their life span?

Cute parrot. How old is he? What's their life span?
He turns 10 in August. Parrots his size live into their thirties, larger breeds can live into their eighties and beyond. His name is Tunie, I got him as a rescue nine years ago. He's the perfect kind of pet for me (or maybe vice versa) because I'm self-employed and can be with him pretty much 24/7. Parrots are EXTREMELY socially oriented and don't do well alone, or locked up in a cage all day. They need stimulation, companionship and the opportunity to fly to be healthy. So he flies all over the house following me from room to room and hangs out with me. He talks a lot too, likes watching TV (including football) and hates the Jete. I don't recommend parrots as a pet unless a person can be committed to them for decades and also spend a LOT of time with them, as they're high-maintenance. But I consider this little guy worth it.

I forgot to mention that just like dogs, parrots need to chew things (that's how they get their food in the wild). He has ruined some of my wife's shoes, but I blame that on her for leaving 'em where he can get at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back