PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Triplette's Bio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.playfootball.com/footballfacts/jobs_feature1.html

Savor that job title, because he shouldn't have it for much longer.

Jeff Triplette
Referee

You know those guys on the field in the black-and-white striped shirts? Well, Jeff is one of them. They're called the officials. They're responsible for making sure everybody plays by the rules. When somebody doesn't, Jeff and his buddies throw a yellow flag in the air and the player's team gets in trouble.

Jeff doesn't work for any one team. He and the other officials all work for the NFL. That way every team gets a fair deal.

A day in the life...
Jeff and the rest of his crew spend a lot of time watching TV. But they're not watching cartoons. They watch videotapes of football games to help them practice calling plays. They even have to take a test about what they know every week!

Did you know?
Being a referee isn't Jeff's only job. During the week, he works in an office for a big energy company.

When he was a kid...
Jeff was just 16 years old when he got a chance to referee basketball games. He liked being a referee so much, that when he was in college we worked Pop Warner football games. Then he moved up to high school games, college games and, for the last three years, the NFL!

Worst ref in history. I told you so. When I saw him as the ref, I said he would cost us the game, we were gonna win anyway, but he blew those calls.

You ready to give up that avatar and signature?

Last edited:
Shut it down, no need to be looking for any personal information on referees. If folks want to get into a Polian-like whine-a-thon then go for it, just don't do anything stupid to get Ian in trouble. When I force myself to watch tape I know I'll see a lot more then bad calls, just like I saw in the Jax game.

Does anybody know if there's a draft this April? :rolleyes:

brown.jpg

Wow, he's only in his mid-40's? He should check his house for Radon.

pats1 said:
http://www.playfootball.com/footballfacts/jobs_feature1.html

Savor that job title, because he shouldn't have it for much longer.

Jeff Triplette
Referee

You know those guys on the field in the black-and-white striped shirts? Well, Jeff is one of them. They're called the officials. They're responsible for making sure everybody plays by the rules. When somebody doesn't, Jeff and his buddies throw a yellow flag in the air and the player's team gets in trouble.

Jeff doesn't work for any one team. He and the other officials all work for the NFL. That way every team gets a fair deal.

A day in the life...
Jeff and the rest of his crew spend a lot of time watching TV. But they're not watching cartoons. They watch videotapes of football games to help them practice calling plays. They even have to take a test about what they know every week!

Did you know?
Being a referee isn't Jeff's only job. During the week, he works in an office for a big energy company.

When he was a kid...
Jeff was just 16 years old when he got a chance to referee basketball games. He liked being a referee so much, that when he was in college we worked Pop Warner football games. Then he moved up to high school games, college games and, for the last three years, the NFL!

We really need to get the NFL's Referee Association to improve their Vision Care Plan. The one they have is obviously not working... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down