PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Demps Turning Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pure Speculation, of course, as any Projections would've steeply discounted his Value, because he'd made it clear that he was focused on the Olympics, with no particular plans to play any more FootBall.

But if he wasn't an Olympian??
39.gif

Solid 2nd Rounder, if you ask me: Raw or not, that Speed is intoxicating.

Again...

A solid...2nd...Rounder!! :eek:

And that, Ladies and Laddies, when all 32 teams showed interest ~ and rightfully so!! ~ is why I am utterly astonished that Bill The Mad (Genius) was able ~ with pure Straight Talk ~ to pull this off!! :rocker:

In other words, we effectively got the Chandler Jones trade up for nothing. Gotta love BB.

One play I think Demps could be very effective on is the goal to go pitch and sprint to the front corner of the endzone. At least the threat of it should have OLB's and safeties staying 'home' that fraction of a second longer than ideal.

In other words, we effectively got the Chandler Jones trade up for nothing. Gotta love BB.

One play I think Demps could be very effective on is the goal to go pitch and sprint to the front corner of the endzone. At least the threat of it should have OLB's and safeties staying 'home' that fraction of a second longer than ideal.

If BB runs three or four plays for him per game where we use Demp's versatility to create mismatches, preferably coverage against a LBer or SS and we should be in great shape to exploit Demp's speed for points. .

Given his size though, I's expect Demps to be an injury report regular by week #2 of every season he plays.

If BB runs three or four plays for him per game where we use Demp's versatility to create mismatches, preferably coverage against a LBer or SS and we should be in great shape to exploit Demp's speed for points.

This. I think if Demps can be a KR and be used as a specialty player on a few snaps a game to create mismatches and keep opposing defenses on their toes, he will be a nice asset.

in light of the WR cuts and the Welker uncertainty, WR has probably moved up the 'need' list a touch. But it got me thinking as I start to look at the new crop of WR prospects: Could Jeff Demps become our Tavon Austin? Thoughts. It might save a draft pick.

This. I think if Demps can be a KR and be used as a specialty player on a few snaps a game to create mismatches and keep opposing defenses on their toes, he will be a nice asset.

One of those snaps should be 3rd/4th < 2yds, with Brady under Center, Ridley to one side of him,
and Demps to the other side; either Ridley could attempt a dive btwn the Tackles, or Demps could
simply take a pitchout & run for the corner. You're welcome, Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing