PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jasyon Tatum is still overrated

Also the Celtics need to figure out their HC situation ASAP, this dude, it seems like nobody listen him.
That's ********. You have no clue what you're talking about. Sounds like some **** you heard on the radio by more basketball-ignorant losers

Jason Tatum is clutch. He is one of the alltime great C's already. And easily one of the top 5 players in the nba.
He's outside the top 5 Cs right now but if they win the title he'll be knockin on the door

Strengthening his reputation as an empty stats guy. What a lamentable first half.

Lamentable game, magnificent finish. Boy did Boston and Tatum need those final few minutes.

Hopefully, this is the game where Boston puts a line in the sand and says no more. Onto 7.
A tale of two in-game 6 opinions, beautifully exploited by a splendid Game 7 performance from Tatum.

Love a win over Philly. Great job closing this one out early.

I'm here to eat my crow. Unbelievable game from Tatum. That is the style of play that best suits him...obviously he can shoot, but when he drives to the bucket with that kind of force, he cant be guarded. Absolutely dominated

Most points in a game 7 ever. “Yeah, that guy is so overrated.”
No one said he wasn't capable of having a 50 point game. He is overrated because he has a 50 point Game 7 and then in crunch time during Game 1 of the ECF with the Celtics down but still can pull it off he turns it over 3 times in 90 seconds.

Down 114-109 with 2:58 left - Turns it over (Bad Pass)
Down 117-110 with 1:57 left- Turns it over (Travel)
Down 117-110 with 1:27 left- Turns it over (Travel) ( Butler goes down and nails a 3 to put the game away)

The 2 travels basically killed the game. 2 travels in 2 straight possessions with the game on the line? IDK man, some guys go months without committing a travel. He did it twice in 30 seconds with Game 1 on the line.

Last edited:
To the OP, it’s time to take it back and admit you were wrong.
Maybe the word isn't overrated as much as inconsistent, as I mentioned in another thread yesterday. And it sounds like Charles Barkley and I are on the same page with that. He has a flawless Bird type game and then follows it with an invisible game or a downright stinker. When he can play consistently and help lead the team to a title I'll take it all back. He hasn't done that yet.

No one said he wasn't capable of having a 50 point game. He is overrated because he has a 50 point Game 7 and then in crunch time during Game 1 of the ECF with the Celtics down but still can pull it off he turns it over 3 times in 90 seconds.

Down 114-109 with 2:58 left - Turns it over (Bad Pass)
Down 117-110 with 1:57 left- Turns it over (Travel)
Down 117-110 with 1:27 left- Turns it over (Travel) ( Butler goes down and nails a 3 to put the game away)

The 2 travels basically killed the game. 2 travels in 2 straight possessions with the game on the line? IDK man, some guys go months without committing a travel. He did it twice in 30 seconds with Game 1 on the line.
I was really hoping to address this topic when the dust settled at the end, rather than go back and forth with the Tatumites after his good games.

There's never been an all time great who crapped the bed very often in crunch time. Tatum will be the first.

Maybe the word isn't overrated as much as inconsistent, as I mentioned in another thread yesterday. And it sounds like Charles Barkley and I are on the same page with that. He has a flawless Bird type game and then follows it with an invisible game or a downright stinker. When he can play consistently and help lead the team to a title I'll take it all back. He hasn't done that yet.

He needs to mature, his focus is not what it should be.

He needs to mature, his focus is not what it should be.
Yeah the lazy passes that get picked off look like lack of focus.
But I think theres another element at play here as well: when he gets stripped while ballhandling its not a lack of focus so much as overestimating his handle. He handles well " for a big guy" but he is by no stretch a great ballhandler ala small quick point guards. If he's isolated 1 on 1 with a guy his size, he has the handle to get all the way to the rack.
Where he gets in trouble is in traffic- if there are smaller quicker guards lurking nearby, he's gonna get his pocket picked and his feelings hurt. Court awareness and awareness of your own capabilites.
And it seems to happen at the worst possible times. But then he'll turn around and have a great game next night.

Better win 2nite.
Nuggets took care of LeBron. Despite the naysayers here. Jokic played like a champion.

Yeah the lazy passes that get picked off look like lack of focus.
But I think theres another element at play here as well: when he gets stripped while ballhandling its not a lack of focus so much as overestimating his handle. He handles well " for a big guy" but he is by no stretch a great ballhandler ala small quick point guards. If he's isolated 1 on 1 with a guy his size, he has the handle to get all the way to the rack.
Where he gets in trouble is in traffic- if there are smaller quicker guards lurking nearby, he's gonna get his pocket picked and his feelings hurt. Court awareness and awareness of your own capabilites.
And it seems to happen at the worst possible times. But then he'll turn around and have a great game next night.

That all might be true, but the traveling and passing the ball to defenders = just not having his head in the game.

Better win 2nite.
Nuggets took care of LeBron. Despite the naysayers here. Jokic played like a champion.

LeBron sure isn't what he used to be. That blown fast-break attempt at a showcase dunk and missed layup last night were embarrassing.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back