PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason La Canfora: Revis return to Patriots looking increasingly likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring him into camp and if he's willing to run up the hills outside Foxboro in August, to which some attribute the Pats outlasting the Falcons in February, sign him up. Otherwise, cut his ass.

No one is saying he would be the #1 CB but he sure as hell would make a great #2 or #3 CB
based on what? he didn't play like a 2 or a 3 last year. he played like a dog who quit on his team.

And I would highly doubt that there will be.

I keep thinking about Belichick talking about the great football players from Aliquippa, PA and he mentioned Ty Law, Mike Ditka and Jonathan Baldwin. He did not mention one out-of-shape cornerback who won a Super Bowl with the Patriots - Darrelle Revis. That was not unintentional. Belichick has little use for a guy who was tampered with by the Jets leaving for money alone. Revis' departure was not a Deion Branch or Damien Woody situation that was outside the conference and ostensibly a last free agent payday after years of great service.

Last edited:
You know, these words....

The Patriots and Darrelle Revis have not discussed a deal that would bring the cornerback back to New England, according to CSNNE's Tom Curran.

.......should have shut down this thread. Pats NEVER telegraph the moves they make. This offseason should have been a prime example of that.

.......should have shut down this thread. Pats NEVER telegraph the moves they make. This offseason should have been a prime example of that.
The Butler trade has been as telegraphed as can be.

Agreed. There should never be any threads speculating on free agents until the Patriots sign them. Also there shouldn't be any threads discussing new signings because none of us should question Bill. Additionally, there shouldn't be any threads about how a player is performing because if the Patriots FO wants them on the field that's where they should be. Plus we probably shouldn't have threads about cutting players either because if the Patriots want to cut them that's what should happen.

Not to mention this will all make the mods jobs a lot easier. I'm all for it.

Agreed. There should never be any threads speculating on free agents until the Patriots sign them. Also there shouldn't be any threads discussing new signings because none of us should question Bill. Additionally, there shouldn't be any threads about how a player is performing because if the Patriots FO wants them on the field that's where they should be. Plus we probably shouldn't have threads about cutting players either because if the Patriots want to cut them that's what should happen.

Not to mention this will all make the mods jobs a lot easier. I'm all for it.

I'm glad we understand each other.

The Butler trade has been as telegraphed as can be.
Which means it's less likely to become an actual trade. Return to step 1 and repeat.

You expect Ed to only make a brief announcement like that? :D

Be more like:

"The player intercepted the flying head, instead of the ball, so this was not an interception. The spot of the foul is where the beheading occurred, not where the head was finally caught."

There were rumblings of a trade for Cooks like ten days before it happened. Hell, even in the Cooks thread, people said the same thing ("the chances of a Cooks trade happening are very unlikely, we NEVER hear about moves in advance").

Remember, it takes two to tango. Just because the Pats keep things close to vest doesn't mean the other party (another team, the player/his agent) does too.

I saw a guy at the gym with a Pats Revis shirt, anyone else have one?

In other news, a few of my co-workers asked me about the rumours of Revis coming back to the Patriots. La Canfora will update his "article" to say it is now even MORE likely as even more people are now thinking it could happen... :rolleyes:

I made the mistake of checking out a saints forum in regards to the MB situation...Evidently his value is dropping in their eyes. They seem to believe a 3rd is all they should offer...Talk about delusional.

I made the mistake of checking out a saints forum in regards to the MB situation...Evidently his value is dropping in their eyes. They seem to believe a 3rd is all they should offer...Talk about delusional.

I posted about this a few days ago...it's so ridiculous. I don't think they get how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes