PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots officially sign Jamie Collins

I’m half kidding here. But hell why not?

Just read a report on PFT where his HC IMPLIED that there was an "effort" issue. He didn't come out and say it, but he mentioned Collins was fast, but his rookie was a guy with super "effort" Hard to miss. Even Volin would have caught it.

Perhaps that effort would come alive, but I don't see it. Looks like the Pats have a full complement of LB already.

Just read a report on PFT where his HC IMPLIED that there was an "effort" issue. He didn't come out and say it, but he mentioned Collins was fast, but his rookie was a guy with super "effort" Hard to miss. Even Volin would have caught it.

Perhaps that effort would come alive, but I don't see it. Looks like the Pats have a full complement of LB already.
Effort with Jamie we’ve learned is nothing new. Was a Cleveland issue too and we brought him in. Just think we could use a little insurance in that spot possibly

I’d be excited to see him come back, but if we’re trading for another player, I’d prefer to upgrade at backup offensive tackle or a fast receiver.
Bill has been one to make multiple trades

Detroit "reduced" his cap hit by adding 3 void years - 2023 at 3 million, 24 at 1m, 25 at 1m. I'm not sure how Void years work, but it seems like the Lions would eat that.

He also has a 10million cap hit next year in salary, but that could be restuctured easily, or he could just be cut.

I've been a Collins fan for a long time, but he's 32 years old. This team needs a big DT more than another LB.

Hey, if this can happen to Ross Ventrone,

"Ventrone was signed, promoted, or released 21 times by the Patriots during the season, including eight transactions in November 2011"

what's a third time for Jamie?

He’s going to be 32 in October but he did have 101 tackles last season.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back