Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-underdogjaguars&prov=ap&type=lgns

"We're in a position where we're flying under the radar," said receiver Jimmy Smith, one of four holdovers from Jacksonville's last playoff team. "We're not being talked about on TV shows. When they mention teams in the playoffs, it's like the Jaguars are the last one. That's fine. I like it that way. When we beat New England, that says it all."

Sorry I don't know if this was already posted.

I expect them to be confident. They are a good team. I think Smith's comments are less about the Pats than it is about them ready to prove to everyone that they are a legit team. It's certainly not like he said "They are ripe for the picking" like that idiot kicker did last year.

So where is the smack talk? Sounds like a positive statement that Jimmy made for his team, not smack.

MrTibbs said:
" When we beat New England, that says it all."

I say that's bulletin board material.

Willie55 said:

No, a naked picture of Alyssa Milano is bulletin board material. F all this bulletin board talk.

I've never heard a Pats player talk like that. They are always classy, they always say things like "They've got a great team and we're gonna have to play our best to beat them." Even if they're playing the 49ers.

That just shows lack of class IMHO.

here we go

Willie55 said:
it may not be incendiary anywhere else, but i suspect patriots will be foaming at the mouth over this by game time. they got all lathered up after a comment schottenheimer made earlier this season.
if the patriots were a person, they'd be deep in therapy for oversensitivity, delusional tendencies, and maybe even a little paranoia.
that's football for ye.

Actually, the Steelers are the 6th seed.

oldrover said:
Actually, the Steelers are the 6th seed.

Ahhhhh.... ok. Well, there goes THAT theory. Let's see... How about... they mention them last because no one likes them? ;)

ilduce06410 said:
it may not be incendiary anywhere else, but i suspect patriots will be foaming at the mouth over this by game time. they got all lathered up after a comment schottenheimer made earlier this season.
if the patriots were a person, they'd be deep in therapy for oversensitivity, delusional tendencies, and maybe even a little paranoia.
that's football for ye.
BWAHHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back