PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett: 14 TD - 3 Int through 5 games (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know it's early but good for Jacoby Brissett. Through 3 games led a comeback win today, led a comeback win last week, and almost led a comeback win if Vinatieri hadn't missed two field goals.

So far 7 TD's, 1 int, 72% completion rate through 3 games.

Playing well. I wish him continued success while still rooting for the Colts to lose.

The Ewing Theory is in full force on Andrew Luck.

Last edited:
Three of the 10-15 top QB's in the league so far this year were drafted and developed by Bill.

Pretty amazing considering a high percentage of league starters were first round picks and our guys weren't

Parcells should deserve some credit on Jacoby. He vouched for him to Bill

Jacoby has come a long way from his New England days, good for him. Hope his success continues .

Parcells helped find and coach Jacoby in high school down in Florida. Parcells said he had the same championship DNA of Bruschi, Troy Brown, McGinest. High praise.

I forgot about that. I remember seeing a film on that now.

Cool reminder. TY

Reactions: Ian
Jacoby was shutout by the Bills "in the Patriots' system."

When Brady came back, the team ripped through the league and won the Super Bowl.

Only Brady could win "in this system."

I really do wish him success, just not on the Colts. Two weeks from now he could easily be 1 TD with 5 INT's...the NFL isn't a forgiving league and he does play for the Indianapolis Colts.

Remember this:

For a moment I thought he was one of my people...

Last edited:
I know it's early but good for Jacoby Brissett. Through 2 games led a comeback win today, last week almost led a comeback win if Vinatieri hadn't missed two field goals.

So far 5 TD's, 1 int, 69% completion rate through 2 games.

Playing well. I wish him continued success while still rooting for the Colts to lose.

The other one who got away...

Parcells should deserve some credit on Jacoby. He vouched for him to Bill

I’m not a Parcells fan, but I have to agree in this instance. He championed Brissett to Belichick.

Jacoby was shutout by the Bills "in the Patriots' system."

When Brady came back, the team ripped through the league and won the Super Bowl.

Only Brady could win "in this system."

How did this turn into a Tom Brady fan insecurity contest?

He was playing with torn thumb ligaments that day. But yeah, if you’re gonna go out on a limb and have a hawt tayk, sure Brissett ain’t no Brady. He’s still a good kid who has a good future .

Last edited:
BFD. I could not care less what happens with Brissett. Wishing him "continued success" but for the Colts to lose makes no sense.

Sign him!

It's called sarcasm. Jacoby and Jimmy G. were not the long-term answers and we all know that.

I have as much right to be here as you, and you seem to be the one who looks to be rude on a regular basis. I don't recall telling you to go away or that you're dumb.

They did their jobs as backups quite well and got us a draft pick and Phil Dorset.

Save your sarcasm for Jordan Richards or Jake Bequette.

They did their jobs as backups quite well and got us a draft pick and Phil Dorset.

Save your sarcasm for Jordan Richards or Jake Bequette.

So now suggesting Jimmy G. and Jacoby weren't Brady's heir is considered inappropriate? After hearing that we let Jimmy get away for years, I'm not sure it is in poor taste to suggest we shouldn't interpret Jacoby's sudden success as us making a mistake. If he continues to do well, there will be many who come out saying we should have kept him and you know this as well.

We don't need to ball wash for former Patriots.

So now suggesting Jimmy G. and Jacoby weren't Brady's heir is considered inappropriate? After hearing that we let Jimmy get away for years, I'm not sure it is in poor taste to suggest we shouldn't interpret Jacoby's sudden success as us making a mistake. If he continues to do well, there will be many who come out saying we should have kept him and you know this as well.

We don't need to ball wash for former Patriots.

You should tune in. People are thrilled with Dorset and very happy with Stidham as the possible heir in a few years. Don’t have anymore nightmares. Brady is still with us and doing fine.

You should tune in. People are thrilled with Dorset and very happy with Stidham as the possible heir in a few years. Don’t have anymore nightmares. Brady is still with us and doing fine.
Oh I love Stidham. I just know Chicken Little logic on here (that I've been guilty of before, myself), often leads to complaining about moves in retrospect more than the average fan base.

It looks good with Stidham and I hope we can focus on that rather than what Jacoby is doing. All the best to him.

Meh, decent start but needs to push the ball down the field more. Only a matter of time before defenses force him to beat them with his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes