PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett: 14 TD - 3 Int through 5 games (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an average back up QB that got way over paid for no reason. :rolleyes:

Half of my criticism was that he wasn't worthy of the contract...which admittedly looks debatable right now.

Half of my criticism was the unnecessary timing of giving him the contract based on...nothing...other than a promotion due to someone else was retiring. This isn't really debatable. They gave him $30M in new money before he even took a snap; it looks to be turning out just fine for them, but it was a pointless risk indicative of how the Colts do things, making sure their starting QB is paid well as some kind of "small penis syndrome" or marketing ploy.

So far this year a number of QBs have statistically seperated themselves from the pack to this point. They are Mahomes, Brady, Dak, Wilson, Brisset, Jackson, Watson, Keenam and Minshew.

I doubt that is the what the list looks by the end of the season but it is interesting to see so much young blood on here.

What! No Baker hold my Jock Mayfield??:confused: I can't wait until we play them.:D

Ehhh I’m still mixed on Jimmy this year.

Team is winning, but he turns the ball over way too much.

Yes he does, but they are one behind Dallas for most points in the NFC.

How do you think they are without him?

Half of my criticism was that he wasn't worthy of the contract...which admittedly looks debatable right now.

Half of my criticism was the unnecessary timing of giving him the contract based on...nothing...other than a promotion due to someone else was retiring. This isn't really debatable. They gave him $30M in new money before he even took a snap; it looks to be turning out just fine for them, but it was a pointless risk indicative of how the Colts do things, making sure their starting QB is paid well as some kind of "small penis syndrome" or marketing ploy.
Fair enough.

All-pro
MVP
OPOY
SB MVP
:D

26/39 326 yards 4 TD 0 INT against a divisional rival to put his team on the top of the divisional chase.

He chose a very good day to have a very good day.

He's starting to become "the one that got away" to me, as much or more than Jimmy G. I think at this point the Colts are probably gonna lock him up for the lion's share of his career, however long that may be. Because this big cat is starting to look like he might just have elite ability to go with the high level intangibles we arleady knew he had.

Too early for the « Jimmy wasn’t the real gem backup that year » thread ?

I’m really rooting for him and Handsome Jimmy G. It’s cool to see these guys do well.

He's significantly better than Garoppolo at this point. The Colts are going to be a major roadblock for the Patriots. He's probably on par with Lamar Jackson as a top-5 QB in the AFC after Brady, Mahomes, Rivers, and Watson and borderline top-10 in the NFL.

I dont think he fit the mold NE was looking for. If he did, the Pats would have kept him.

He's probably on par with Lamar Jackson as a top-5 QB in the AFC after Brady, Mahomes, Rivers, and Watson...

What, no Dam Darnit in your top 5 in the AFC? Haven't you been paying attention? Dam da Man has laid it down. The Jete are now unstoppable :rolleyes:

What, no Dam Darnit in your top 5 in the AFC? Haven't you been paying attention? Dam da Man has laid it down. The Jete are now unstoppable :rolleyes:

The thing that scares me is that Darnold might actually turn out to be pretty good...

I dont think he fit the mold NE was looking for. If he did, the Pats would have kept him.
He looks like a perfect fit. Has a little of Tom in him. Makes the easy play and doesn’t thrown many picks. Indy got a steal and now has him on a great contract.

Dorsett helped us win a title so can’t say we didn’t get anything for him.

Who watched Jimmy today? Stats were substandard

He looks like a perfect fit. Has a little of Tom in him. Makes the easy play and doesn’t thrown many picks. Indy got a steal and now has him on a great contract.
@Ice_Ice_Brady would disagree.

The thing that scares me is that Darnold might actually turn out to be pretty good...

That thought would scare me if he were in Buffalo or even Miami but based on the past 50 years I have total and complete faith the Jete will find a way to screw even that pooch

49ers game was in a monsoon so I would not take too much away from that game stat wise. Field was puddling and players were sliding all over the field.

Last edited:
I was thinking about the team having Brady, Garrapolo (who I considered the 2nd best QB in the AFCE at the time) and Brissett at the same time. And then how JG and JB got traded out in the same year.

Seems the team has been pretty good drafting and training QBs. Hope the streak continues with Stidham. Some of those rough outings are probably good ways to see how the player handles the adversity...Great teaching moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back