PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett: 14 TD - 3 Int through 5 games (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Jacoby when he was here and never understood the hate that so many on this board had for him. Guess I was right and you QB experts were wrong.

Stats in the Atlanta game were very close for both teams, until you got to turnovers and penalties, which showed the Falcons weakness, One turnover and 16 penalties. Brissett in the 2nd half engineered two good drives, one responding to the Falcons pulling within 3 to go up by 10. Then when the Falcon's pulled within 3 again, and needing a stop to tie or go ahead, kept the ball for the last 4+ minutes. I hate the Colts, but I respect the kid, he looks like a leader.

Frank Reich has done a very good job of building a disciplined team.

I liked Jacoby when he was here and never understood the hate that so many on this board had for him. Guess I was right and you QB experts were wrong.

It has zero to do with Jacoby and everything to do with pre-emptively defending Brady even when it isn't about Brady.

It has zero to do with Jacoby and everything to do with pre-emptively defending Brady even when it isn't about Brady.

Nah it didn’t at all. That was the case with JG but no one was defending Brady against Jacoby Brissett.

Some people just thought he would never be a real NFL QB. I think he has done a pretty good job all things considered.

I have bet the colts each week and have watching those games. Brissett has been ok. He still winds up quite a bit but seems to make good decisions for the most part and I think Reich is a good coach. Is he going to light up the league...no...but he can manage a game and they dont ask him to be what he isnt. While I hate the Colts im not really concerned about them as a legit threat to us and I do root for Jacoby to have success,

I have bet the colts each week and have watching those games. Brissett has been ok. He still winds up quite a bit but seems to make good decisions for the most part and I think Reich is a good coach. Is he going to light up the league...no...but he can manage a game and they dont ask him to be what he isnt. While I hate the Colts im not really concerned about them as a legit threat to us and I do root for Jacoby to have success,

He's throwing at a 72% pass completion rate through 3 full games and only 1 int. So, not sure if there is any issue with his windup or mechanics. Seems to be working for him.

The Fal-cons are a Mess...the sooner that Mr & Mrs Blank realize that their HC & QB are NOT the answer, then they can finally begin the task of finding a HC & QB who are.

Luck retiring has made the Colts a tougher opponent. Fuk

I always said he was going to be a good starter in this league. Listening to him talk + physicals skills screamed quality QB.

Very happy for him.

Better than I thought hed do. Colts have a real shot at their division if he stays solid.

He's throwing at a 72% pass completion rate through 3 full games and only 1 int. So, not sure if there is any issue with his windup or mechanics. Seems to be working for him.

I have noticed it just makes him late on some throws where he actually makes the right read but because of the windup the DB closes, specifically on the out routes. All that said its fine if the coach knows that and limits those things he cant do in favor of those he can and I think Reich is doing that.

According to PFR, 78% of Brissett’s passing yards have been after the catch. Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves.

What the hell are you talking about, Brady is great!

Color me impressed with Jacoby. He is never going to light the world on fire but he seems to be increasingly comfortable out there and is starting to look like a legitimate NFL QB. I’m thrilled for him.

According to PFR, 78% of Brissett’s passing yards have been after the catch. Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves.

That's not a bad thing. Brady became the best of all time with the quick 2-second short 8 yard passes over and over between the hash marks for 20 years.

So far this year a number of QBs have statistically seperated themselves from the pack to this point. They are Mahomes, Brady, Dak, Wilson, Brisset, Jackson, Watson, Keenam and Minshew.

I doubt that is the what the list looks by the end of the season but it is interesting to see so much young blood on here.

Three of the 10-15 top QB's in the league so far this year were drafted and developed by Bill.
Ehhh I’m still mixed on Jimmy this year.

Team is winning, but he turns the ball over way too much.

Garrapolo is 77% after the catch.

Ehhh I’m still mixed on Jimmy this year.

Team is winning, but he turns the ball over way too much.
He has not played well at all. The team is winning against 3 teams with a combined 1-8 record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing