PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Easterby Blames Kraft Family for Texans Turmoil [Update: Texans Have Fired Him]

I didn’t make that argument. I agree that the two are not mutually exclusive. Just pointing out that those who don’t believe in any one particular religion tend to treat science as a religion.
That makes no sense. Science is merely a tool. There is no dogma, no worship, not even truth claims- none of the nonsense you get with religion.

I’ve already pointed out my astonishment at how important religion is in the US. And, I suspect, particularly in areas where many of the top football players come from (Southern states). It’s mind blowing that there would be employees on a big business whose primary role is religion-based.

Friend of mine was a big player in Schilling's video game company - had a six-month running battle with Schilling to stop him from having Bible study in the office.

• Sad
Reactions: PP2
Friend of mine was a big player in Schilling's video game company - had a six-month running battle with Schilling to stop him from having Bible study in the office.
To me, from the outside, that’s stunning.

everyone should believe in something....me? I believe I'll have a nice tall frosted mug of Sam Adams...maybe two

I’m going to enjoy the future sexual assault/rape allegations that come out against him. The only question is, will these allegations come from boys or girls?
so close nbc 90th special GIF by NBC

I wonder if Easterby was hired or promoted because of these issues with Watson. Also, if other guys with the team, players and staff, were engaging in this behavior (although not necessarily not taking no for an answer.) It would connect a lot of dots such as having people investigated which would also explain the animosity towards him. That SI story may have missed the bigger story and Easterby and McNair would not have been in a position to explain themselves.

i believe Easterby....Krafty had a skank while Myra's body was still warm...just bc Krafty donates $ to "social justice" doesn't mean he's an upstanding guy.
Both Kraft and E are putrid losers. Both can be true.

Dabo Swinney is a great coach. If I were a top ranked HS football player, I would definitely play for... Alabama or some other place and never even visit Clemson. At Clemson, you better be born again.
Wowza. I mean, I can’t even imagine that world.

Even if you're a billionaire like McNair, it doesn't mean you can't fall for a huckster. I'm always stunned at the tons of money pouring in to the likes of Paula White and those involved in the prosperity gospel. They'd rather pay the hucksters than the taxman, got to keep on the good side of it.

I’m going to enjoy the future sexual assault/rape allegations that come out against him. The only question is, will these allegations come from boys or girls?

Holy shyt. Kontradaumus?

Wrong guy but close.

Last edited:
He's more capt queeg than bligh. Maybe some anthony robbins thrown in. Motivational type huckster. Why did Belichick hire this pretentious fraud? Holier than thou religious moralist crap?

Probably ball washed and brown nosed him and belichick thought him a genius. Real astute judge of character. Now he metastasized further.

Well, mr easterby, what you said doesnt seem that’s very Christian to me.

I do not understand most of this "brand" of Christianity, it seems to be the polar opposite of what came to understand as an adult.

He's more capt queeg than bligh. Maybe some anthony robbins thrown in. Motivational type huckster. Why did Belichick hire this pretentious fraud? Holier than thou religious moralist crap?

Probably ball washed and brown nosed him and belichick thought him a genius. Real astute judge of character. Now he metastasized further.

They hired him to try to stabilize the Pats after the Aaron Hernandez fiasco..

Now he is head of Houston's Football Operations???

Team chaplain turned Snake oil salesman

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
There has actually been an uptake in religious thinking this millennium. Most attribute it to the fact that the world at large gave secularism/Marxism/Communism a shot in the 20th century and it produced the bloodiest century in human history (Hitler, Stalin, Mao) so the pendulum swung strongly back to religion. I have been reading a few books on this and find it fascinating. But your points are valid. Humans have always believed in God in some form for as long as humans have existed.

Nothing, and absolutely nothing, in the history of humankind has caused more warfare, deaths, and genocide than religious righteousness and difference has.

Got you. Here's the thing. The bible is not a moral compass. It is a collection of "moral' pronouncements. Several of which we now know to be wholly immoral. Bigotry and violence towards gays, for example. You want to watch someone tap dance like you've never seen? Ask a Christian if their god is perfectly moral, why he condones the owning of other people as property and beating them nearly to death, for example. So this idea, and it's a popular one, that someone is morally superior, or more moral because they are a Christian has always struck me as bizarre. If anything, the religion inspires some horrible, obviously immoral behavior. I know it's not your point. But there are thousands of Christian denominations alone. If somebody claims to be a Christians, I am forced to take them at their word as I cannot read their mind. The fact that their idea of Christianity, or acceptable behavior, might be different than someone else's is irrelevant.

The key to watching a righteous Christian tap-dance is to ask the person why they continuously quote from the Old Testament, but never the New Testament.

There's a reason those two books form the bible, and a reason the Old Testament precedes the new one.

I love when motivational yahoos abuse their ‘power’

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back