PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's been almost two weeks - anyone (still) experiencing any issues?

Inability to edit thread titles

According to the permissions you should be able to do that...I'll have to do some testing on my end to see if I can figure out why that's not working for you? :confused:

Last edited:
Inability to edit thread titles
Just tested that and changed a permission - that should be under "Thread Tools" now so let me know if it's showing up for you.

Also, email alerts currently don't seem to be running. Hoping to have that fixed shortly.

According to the permissions you should be able to do that...I'll have to do some testing on my end to see if I can figure out why that's not working for you? :confused:

Not quite sure what you meant there...

I found out about the title edit issue when I made a thread title that read Time Jernigan when it was supposed to be Tim Jernigan.

I found out about the title edit issue when I made a thread title that read Time Jernigan when it was supposed to be Tim Jernigan.
LOL, got you. Is it working now?

LOL, got you. Is it working now?

I just tested it, and it worked. Thanks. I sometimes type too fast for my own self-editing.

Reactions: Ian
Woo Tapatalk working again! I've been morosely refreshing Tapatalk for months to see if the forum was working.

I'm back! (I hate using forums in any other way)

Since this thread has been brought back up, I thought I'd just toss a couple of things that are still out there. No worries on it, or anything, and you may be fine with things as they are and not worried about them, which is certainly understandable, but...

Search function still doesn't work well when going back.

Emoticons haven't been added to

Ian, I've been noticing that the site is slow to load (has been like that for me for the last week at least). I'm using Chrome and a pretty new Macbook. My internet connection isn't the greatest, but I've not had the same problem with other sites. Is it just me or have others been experiencing something similar?

Thanks and greetings from sunny England (yes, really).

I posted a reply early into the change to the new forum which
Was quite critical.

You did a great job fixing all the
Issues & I applaud the work done
By Ian.

I would like to point out one minor
Issue with the website & not the
Forum.

When I go to patsfans.com home
Page on my home & work laptops,
I hang for about 20 seconds & then
I receive a message asking me if I
Want to stop the script. When I reply yes, I encounter no additional
Problems.

My laptop & my work laptops are all running windows XP.

I would also like to point out that I
Do "not" encounter the script delay
On my iPhone.

It's been a long 2 weeks :eek:

I posted a reply early into the change to the new forum which
Was quite critical.

You did a great job fixing all the
Issues & I applaud the work done
By Ian.

I would like to point out one minor
Issue with the website & not the
Forum.

When I go to patsfans.com home
Page on my home & work laptops,
I hang for about 20 seconds & then
I receive a message asking me if I
Want to stop the script. When I reply yes, I encounter no additional
Problems.

My laptop & my work laptops are all running windows XP.

I would also like to point out that I
Do "not" encounter the script delay
On my iPhone.
That's a browser/computer issue. It's why you see the error on those machines and not your iphone. You should run Windows updates on both and make sure they're up to date as possible. Truthfully, they should be replaced since Windows XP is now end of life.

If updates don't work, try resetting your browser settings. I'm guessing you're using Internet Explorer? To do so, open it, go to Tools then Internet Options. Click the advanced tab and you'll find the button in there to reset the settings.

And great job @Ian. I love the new site, both the standard and mobile versions!

Hey Ian, great job on the new site layout. Although I haven't posted as often as on the old system, I still lurk 4 or 5 times a day. Why I haven't?, I have no idea. The few "very little" things I miss are...The date and time of a post is at the bottom as opposed to the top as it was before. (To me, it's nice to read a post and know when it was posted before you read it)...and... The lack of "smiley face" choices. A few very menial things that I noticed. But you asked...lol

Love that people are posting some feedback. great stuff :D

I'll be fixing a lot of those little things over the next few weeks. In the middle of moving right now so life has been pretty hectic. Hopefully life will settle down soon but when it does I'll try and button more of this stuff up before the season.

Twice on this website I've clicked `insert image` and it's brought me to a virus page. I ran a virus check and came up clean, and haven't experienced it on any other website.

Anyone else?

Also, all the avatars are fuzzy.

Haven't experienced that. Was the URL on this site or were you redirected to another page?

yeah the avatars are fuzzy...no, wait...that's my eyes

I ask only one small thing when you get the time...either add this---->:bricks:

or one of an entire building crashing down.

I've been kind of stopped up lately, but I'm guessing that is irrelevant to this particular conversation ;)

Great job, Ian--as usual.

Haven't experienced that. Was the URL on this site or were you redirected to another page?

Redirected. It seems to happen the first time that I click the insert image link at any given time, but not the second. Like I click insert image, get redirected, close it out, hit insert image again, and it works properly.

I haven't done a thorough virus sweep in safe mode, so it's possible it's on my end, but I only get the redirect from this website, and only from clicking insert image, and only on the first time.

Grateful you do this for all of us. Minor issue, on some threads, either when hovering or just generally there is a page content indicator (red box with number counting up). I see on mobile site for sure always, but using Chrome on MAC OS X, in main forum you have to go into thread on first page and then go to the last page. Nice to go straight to last page on longer threads, like game day.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back