PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn not placed on PUP, ready for camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s good news. He’s the X factor for this offense.

Wynn is in a fascinating position.

Top 25 pick

Taking over for Brown at LT. OL is already an elite group.

Wynn is probably my most anticipated draft pick to watch, being he's the highest graded player we selected that I graded. Such a talented prospect we obviously have high hopes for.

When can we see the full list?

When can we see the full list?

Reiss posted it. But as TexansCap is saying no huge deal who is on there as they can get activated at any time.

Sony broken again. Just like my TV.

Explains why the Pats went RB again early in the last draft.

This is EXCELLENT news. His success is key to the Pats OL and thus the offense's ultimate success. If he fails, then it will force a lot of dominos to have be adjusted.

BTW- Interesting take from Bedard that you can take a lot of ways. Wynn's first day in pads vs one on one drills was a good one...until he got dinged and sat out the rest of practice His second day while being dinged was horrible with him being beaten 6 of 7 reps. Not exactly what you would expect from you top #1 pick. Was it because of the injury or was it because it was simply a very disappointing day? We never found out because then his Achilles tore and he was gone. He was gone so fast from the scene, I had forgotten that he'd gotten any live reps and it hadn't gone that well.

OL picks a LOT higher than Wynn have been disappointments if not flat out busts. But at 23 Wynn might be the highest pick the Pats have had this decade (I'm sure you will all let me know if I'm wrong ;) ), so we really need this pick to work because it might be a while till we get another one that high.

No doubt he will be handed the "keys to the kingdom" and given EVERY chance to make the LT spot his own. While all eyes will be on how the WR's and TE's look , when I go down to TC after they finally put the pads, I will have my eyes (actually binoculars) squarely fixed on how Mr Wynn is doing.

This is EXCELLENT news. His success is key to the Pats OL and thus the offense's ultimate success. If he fails, then it will force a lot of dominos to have be adjusted.

BTW- Interesting take from Bedard that you can take a lot of ways. Wynn's first day in pads vs one on one drills was a good one...until he got dinged and sat out the rest of practice His second day while being dinged was horrible with him being beaten 6 of 7 reps. Not exactly what you would expect from you top #1 pick. Was it because of the injury or was it because it was simply a very disappointing day? We never found out because then his Achilles tore and he was gone. He was gone so fast from the scene, I had forgotten that he'd gotten any live reps and it hadn't gone that well.

OL picks a LOT higher than Wynn have been disappointments if not flat out busts. But at 23 Wynn might be the highest pick the Pats have had this decade (I'm sure you will all let me know if I'm wrong ;) ), so we really need this pick to work because it might be a while till we get another one that high.

No doubt he will be handed the "keys to the kingdom" and given EVERY chance to make the LT spot his own. While all eyes will be on how the WR's and TE's look , when I go down to TC after they finally put the pads, I will have my eyes (actually binoculars) squarely fixed on how Mr Wynn is doing.
Solder was pick 17 in ‘11.

Great news!! Looking forward to seeing how he looks out there.

Gonna cool the jets on Wynn. What ever happens, happens. Of course I want him to be a dominating part of this offense.

Just don’t want to get excited over someone who hasn’t been here in almost a year after a very significant injury. Gonna let him progress and hope he makes positive strides and take it from there.

Derrick Rivers comes to mind. He’s two years removed from surgery. Lets see if he gets that burst back and puts something together.

Excellent news! I've just got a sneaky suspicion that game 1 Wynn will be LG and Thuney will be LT. I don't care how it shakes out tho...as long as we win.

No Cajuste or Croston thin at T early.

Excellent news! I've just got a sneaky suspicion that game 1 Wynn will be LG and Thuney will be LT. I don't care how it shakes out tho...as long as we win.
It’s scenarios like this that make the idea some have of moving on from Karras and merely having Froholdt as the lone backup IOL seem unlikely. Given the tackle situation having both Froholdt and Karras seems reasonable should Thuney have to kick over to tackle.

Last training camp, Wynn was being tried at right tackle, because he could not beat out brown on the left side.

Let’s hope he is healthy and has worked on getting stronger and playing with better technique.

It’s scenarios like this that make the idea some have of moving on from Karras and merely having Froholdt as the lone backup IOL seem unlikely. Given the tackle situation having both Froholdt and Karras seems reasonable should Thuney have to kick over to tackle.
I don’t think there are too many scenarios where Karras should be a cut.

BTW- Interesting take from Bedard that you can take a lot of ways. Wynn's first day in pads vs one on one drills was a good one...until he got dinged and sat out the rest of practice His second day while being dinged was horrible with him being beaten 6 of 7 reps. Not exactly what you would expect from you top #1 pick.

To me this is just yet another example where Bedard shows how his takes often are dramatized just for juicy headlines or content for his BSJ.

Just because he was not beaten on day one and then lost almost every rep on the next day it doesnt automatically follow that the first day was necessarily better than the other in terms of developing a rookie. Performance is not the same as success.

Could he just have had a good and a bad day ? Sure.

But for all we know on day one he could have slid back into technique that felt comfortable but will be a problem long term / against veteran NFL level players and on day two he was told to specifically try getting used to using his feet or arms differently. Point being we don't know.

Dear beat guys.. just stop the speculation and report what you see. Or at least clearly separate one from the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes