PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this it for Mac?

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
Yesterday felt like some sort of message or something. Not sure to whom exactly but starting Mac and then leaving him out there after two disastrous interceptions seemed insane. I thought Mac would be done after the last benching so who knows at this point. I am just waiting for the anonymous reports a few days after the last game of the year that Mac was playing through "insert injury here" and gutted it out all year blah blah blah. This has been such an odd dumpster fire of a season. I really hope the Krafts tear this thing down to the studs.

palialka

On the Game Day Roster
Reactions
He was broken for part of last year. He since early last year, he has been afraid of making mistakes that he has willed himself into mistakes.

But he was actually good for a lot of the year down the stretch last year. PFF (I know is not always the best in evaluation) has him among the top QBs down the stretch in their Big Time Throws category which are high level of difficulty throws usually down the field a bit into tight windows.

And I am not advocating bringing him back. I am saying IF they bring him back, they should give him a rest and try to let him work through whatever he is going through. Personally, I think he needs a fresh start somewhere else if he is ever going to get a chance to redeem himself.
He definitely needs a fresh start somewhere else…his tenure is up here once this season is thankfully over.

We’re gonna have to cut him because no one’s gonna trade anything more than a bag of practice jerseys to take him off our hands. It’s incredible to think that we’ll get no compensation for a 1st rd pick from just 3 years ago. This front office is atrocious!

cmasspatsfan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reactions
Yesterday felt like some sort of message or something. Not sure to whom exactly but starting Mac and then leaving him out there after two disastrous interceptions seemed insane. I thought Mac would be done after the last benching so who knows at this point. I am just waiting for the anonymous reports a few days after the last game of the year that Mac was playing through "insert injury here" and gutted it out all year blah blah blah. This has been such an odd dumpster fire of a season. I really hope the Krafts tear this thing down to the studs.
I think the plan for Bill was to leave him out there for the whole first half then bring in Zappe for the second half.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reactions
He definitely needs a fresh start somewhere else…his tenure is up here once this season is thankfully over.

We’re gonna have to cut him because no one’s gonna trade anything more than a bag of practice jerseys to take him off our hands. It’s incredible to think that we’ll get no compensation for a 1st rd pick from just 3 years ago. This front office is atrocious!
That happens a lot actually. We've just missed out on all that fun having Brady here for 20 years. QB purgatory sucks.

They'll get something for Mac. He is still cheap.

cmasspatsfan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reactions
If that was the plan then it was stupid from the get go.What would the advantage be? Showcase how bad both of the quarterbacks he drafted are?
As opposed to what? Malik? I wanted to see Grier or Mailk, Grier's out so we have no chance of seeing him, maybe Bill picks up someone this week, who knows.

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
As opposed to what? Malik? I wanted to see Grier or Mailk, Grier's out so we have no chance of seeing him, maybe Bill picks up someone this week, who knows.
I think Kyed said he talked to Cunningham last week and apparently he hasn't practiced as a quarterback since before the Raiders game so I would be surprised if he see him start at any point. As for bringing in another guy to potentially start I assume that would've happened during the bye if there was any chance. I think what we have is what we get and we end up with Zappe starting Sunday and Mac as the number 2 till the end of the year barring injury.

Real fan 02

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
Y
Your right. Maybe we have a better chance evaluation of the PS instead
@PatsFan2

We are, And have been witnessing the end of the last piece of what the patriots culture was this season. BBs coaching tenure is ending just how it started In Cleveland. No QB= no success!

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
@PatsFan2

We are, And have been witnessing the end of the last piece of what the patriots culture was this season. BBs coaching tenure is ending just how it started In Cleveland. No QB= no success!
I want BB to gracefully walk away take his smug can't draft attitude with him.

Brewskies

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
I don't care who plays they are both bad, Mac Jones being the worst from a fan's perspective. The coaches think Mac is better.

Questions: Do we have the #3 spot locked? By losing remaining games can we improve our position or is it a lottery?

Thanks for the help.

Real fan 02

Reactions
Y
Your right. Maybe we have a better chance evaluation of the PS instead
@PatsFan2

We are, And have been witnessing the end of the last piece of what the patriots culture was this season. BBs coaching tenure is ending just how it started In Cleveland. No QB no success!
I want BB to gracefully walk away take his smug can't draft attitude with him.
We know not all draft picks work out. However each week we see teams with fast, talented guys, on offense and defense. I believe he will walk way graciously, and be inducted in the PHOF.

Real fan 02

Reactions
I don't care who plays they are both bad, Mac Jones being the worst from a fan's perspective. The coaches think Mac is better.

Questions: Do we have the #3 spot locked? By losing remaining games can we improve our position or is it a lottery?

Thanks for the help.
As of now we'd have I think the 2nd or 3rd pick. Again now, alot hinges upon BB being here still or not.. we know he loves to move up and down the board. They have no other viable options at QB. That's why Mac continues to play.

sb1

Reactions

Thanks for the help.
No lottery unless it comes down to a final tiebreaker which is literally a coin flip.

sb1

Reactions
They should fit you perfect.
I'll let you know in week 5 when zappy takes over the NFL. All that hard work he did this offseason is about to pay off. Best arm in the game. You know it I know it everyone knows it. Fever 4 eva!~

Spiral

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
BB should make the decision based on which guy will give him a better chance of not losing the entire locker room. If Mac keeps playing, the rest of the team will probably just shut down. If BB loses the locker room, he's probably gone.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28
Tuesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/27: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Director of Scouting Eliot Wolf’s Press Conference 2/27