SOURCE:Sky Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Is the Dynasty Era Over?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by oo0shiny, May 27, 2020.

Tags:
?

Is the Dynasty Era over?

1. Yes.

45 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. No, not yet.

43 vote(s)
    48.9%
  1. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,434
    Dynasty 2.0 ended with the loss to the Titans and Brady’s departure. Hopefully the foundation is in place for 3.0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. StanleyGrogan

StanleyGrogan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13
    Yes its over, but what a ride.

• Like Like x 2
    • Maybe Not... Maybe Not... x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • RLKAG RLKAG x 1
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,344
    Era and dynasty are two different things. The Belichick/Brady era is over, but we don’t know about the dynasty. If winning continues, it’s the same dynasty but a new era

• RLKAG RLKAG x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  4. stcjones

stcjones Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +3,259
    I’m thinking Lamar might come back to earth now....teams will look at what titans did to control and contain him and should be a factor....have to agree in that mahomes is going to have great career....and maybe set tons of records....but he has to have ultra elite WR playing with him and a #1-2 TE playing with him.....anything else and he is prone to a lot of turnovers and inconsistent play. What I mean by that is a guy like Brady was legendary because he could get it done with average to slightly above average WR and TE....and still win championships.....don’t see mahomes succeeding that well with average WR/TE .....Brady is the GOAT.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,434
    Taking Bluetooth away helps too. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TheRainMaker

TheRainMaker In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,133
    Lamar needs to prove he can throw in tight windows on a regular basis. WR's/TE's were so ridiculously wide open because of the threat of Lamar as a runner/defenders misreading RPO.

Colin Kaepernick had the same success early with the same coordinator (Greg Roman) then his lack of accuracy got exposed a few years later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. oo0shiny

oo0shiny Rookie

Ratings:
    +93
    That's a good point. I've always thought of the "Dynasty Era" as being the same as the "Belichick/Brady Era" but maybe those will turn out to be 2 separate things.

8. Actual Pats Fan

Actual Pats Fan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,673
    [​IMG]

Sean Connery was rightly the image of James Bond, until George Lazenby took over in OHMSS - one of the best films in the series.

Connery returned for the next one in Diamonds Are Forever.

I'd like to see success with Jarrett, and Tom return as a backup/fill in in 2022 to pick up another ring and go out the right way.

Regardless, continued winning and success for the Patriots.

9. Actual Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +6,673
    The Patriots Era, 1960-present

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Ivan

Ivan Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +24,373
    How is this vote close? They won over 75% of their games, over 200 games, went to 9 Super Bowls, and won 6. The GOAT has left town, and while they can definitely build another perennial contender there is no way they maintain that pace short of Jared Stidham actually becoming Tom Brady. I have a ton of confidence in Belichick to keep the franchise at the highest level, but you have to hit on a QB to win SB’s. The Dynasty is over, can’t wait to see what comes next,

• RLKAG RLKAG x 1
  11. Soliel

Soliel PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,418
    Oops. I don’t know why I thought that. I guess I thought gronk was responsible for that touchdown. Looking back, I do remember that he didn’t score but felt like that brilliant throw and catch was almost microcosmic of 20 years of domination. I watched it a hundred times. That ball was put in to a serious window. I’ve seen Brady make a lot of odd throws but that one was golden bro. Others were also but it seemed like a exclamation point right there

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Soliel

Soliel PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,418

Three guys on him and also kinda interferes with. It’s my Mona Lisa

• Like Like x 2
  13. stephens44

stephens44 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +109
    The "dynasty" is on the block this season. If the organization can weather the storm of TB12 leaving, Dante retiring, all the coaching and player turnover, then it will prove more resilient than anyone could have ever dreamed.
    The Patriots are building an old school smash mouth, fundamental type team in an era of razzle dazzle, running QB's, light up the scoreboard type offenses. This will be one of BB's toughest coaching years ever.
    I expect lots of very close, nail biter games and I hope the Pats D can close and the new kicker can replace Ghost and Adam V in like style (another legend to replace that no one's talking about).

The "dynasty" stands or falls this season, not before.

14. jboston19

jboston19 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,614
    It’s way too early to think that. The offense turned out to be a weak point last year and, almost literally, gave the team nothing. If they can contribute anything, the D should be able to carry them. Might not be favorites in every game but they’ll be in the mix.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,639
    Post of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  16. amfootball

amfootball Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +821
    I wonder why the Pats dynasty is the only one where folks try to decouple the coach and QB. No one does that with Knoll/Bradshaw or Montana/Walsh. Perhaps it is just symptomatic of today's culture/social media ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,492
    The dynasty is said to be on the block because Belichick used a 4th rounder in 2019 and nothing in 2020 to secure replacements for Brady. For example, if Lock had been drafted last year instead of Williams (switch Harry or another WR to the 2nd), there would be little talk among those here for decades about the dynasty possibly being over.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Actual Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +6,673
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, Joan seems to be making it pretty clear, it's over as far as she's concerned...

[​IMG]

TBH, I hoped this ugly thing was finished in 1979.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  19. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,442
    I would love to see it...If we had a smash-mouth RB to execute it...Maybe Harris is that guy, because it's obvious that Soreknee isn't...

20. Patsgofor4

Patsgofor4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,903
    Based upon 5 Lock starts late in the season? As the Tuna used to say, let's not put his ass in Canton just yet. There is a decent chance that Stidham ends up being the better pro.

I have posed this question more than once to the doom and gloom crowd on this site but no one has had the balls to answer it yet. In how many of their 12 regular season wins in 2019 was Brady a critical factor? Up until the Baltimore game the defense clearly had been carrying them and was putting up such dominating performances that they likely would've been 8-0 with the vast majority of league's starting quarterbacks running the offense.

Many people on this site like to write about the defense being exposed late in the season, however, if you look at the WINS after the Baltimore game here are the point totals for the opponents: 10,9,13,17. If you insert Hoyer or year 2 Stidham in place of Brady, it is very likely that they still would have one won 3 out of those 4 games if not all 4. Because I am feeling generous today, I would give you the Bills game, although I think the patriots were more dominant in that game than the score would indicate.

Based upon this, in my opinion, the Patriots likely would have had nearly the same record last year with another quarterback other than Brady, as long as that quarterback was content with being a game manager and focused on not turning the ball over. That is why it is illogical to me to believe that the patriots will the 5 to 7 games worse in 2020 than they were last year. They won 12 games on the strength of their defense and Brady and the offense were for the most part a non-factor all year long. The starters that they lost on defense this offseason are not irreplaceable. The defense may be a little bit worse especially early in the season but to think that there is going to be a significant drop off on the defensive side of the ball is ridiculous.

For those of you who disagree, don't be cowards and simply click "maybe not", "funny", "disagree"or "dislike". Tell me in which games Brady was the deciding factor between winning and losing last year and why. Good luck.