PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is that the most tainted sports championship you've witnessed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

@Ian, could we get a filter that adds an asterisk * to the end of words like Chiefs* or Mahomes*?

• Yes please add a filter like that, I'll donate to make it happen

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • No don't do it

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a good look, IMO. Other teams are going to win, other teams get breaks from officiating. Pats would not have beaten the Raiders if not for the Tuck Rule. This looks like sour grapes in my opinion. We are bigger than this, by a lot.

KC won the game utilizing the patriots offense!!!!!!!
Nah. They don't run an Erhardt/Perkins offense... Andy Reid runs a modified West Coast offense... Not that it matters much... Basically it comes down to the variations used in timing patterns and the terminology...

Regarding the refereeing, and in particular, the replay officials in NY, when are those idiots going to realize that "survives the ground" was removed from the definition of a catch? They mentioned it in regards to the Hunter Henry TD on Thanksgiving night and again last night on DeVonta Smith's clear catch just before halftime. He had control, got two feet down while running down the sideline (a "football move") - that's the definition of a catch. Then the replays started and all they concentrated on was the loss of control as he went to the ground which is no longer part of the NFL's catch rule. As a matter of fact, they even added terms stating specifically that losing control after have control and making a football move is not grounds to overturn the ruling of a catch. That was a catch.
DeVonta Smith's overturned Super Bowl catch had fans convinced the NFL doesn't know what a catch is
and
Eagles Fans Irate After Devonta Smith's Apparent Catch Ruled Incomplete Following Review

Last edited:
Nah. They don't run an Erhardt/Perkins offense... Andy Reid runs a modified West Coast offense... Not that it matters much... Basically it comes down to the variations used in timing patterns and the terminology...
Well it's so similar the patriots Brady offense!! Same zone scheme concepts, same schemes, but I hear ya.. I was listening on NFL on satellite XM the analyst was saying when hill left, KC looked at how we were so successful without having a deep threat .. every team borrows from each other.. that's the NFL as you said timing routes that's what we Thrived off!!

We all knew a call was coming. We all knew who would benefit. The Eagles didn't lose because of it but the Game was sealed because if it. No one would be saying asterisk this or asterisk that if there was no call and the Chiefs went on to win.

Regarding the referring, and in particular, the replay officials in NY, when are those idiots going to realize that "survives the ground" was removed from the definition of a catch? They mentioned it in regards to the Hunter Henry TD on Thanksgiving night and again last night on DeVonta Smith's clear catch just before halftime. He had control, got two feet down while running down the sideline (a "football move") - that's the definition of a catch. Then the replays started and all they concentrated on was the loss of control as he went to the ground which is no longer part of the NFL's catch rule. As a matter of fact, they even added terms stating specifically that losing control after gaining control is not grounds to overturn the ruling of a catch. That was a catch.
DeVonta Smith's overturned Super Bowl catch had fans convinced the NFL doesn't know what a catch is
and
Eagles Fans Irate After Devonta Smith's Apparent Catch Ruled Incomplete Following Review
It's the football move that is in question. You don't have to survive the ground if you make a football move. Remember, Hunter Henry also had 2 feet down, with the ball, but they determined he had not yet made a football move. It's right in the rule. The ball can't hit the ground and come loose if you haven't made a football move yet.

So let me get this straight - the Eagles fans are complaining about bad calls going against them last night when they clearly benefitted from non-calls in their last SB? Yeah...

So let me get this straight - the Eagles fans are complaining about bad calls going against them last night when they clearly benefitted from non-calls in their last SB? Yeah...
Not nearly as much as they benefited from the opponent's HC who benched their best tackling corner for who knows what reason. Oddly enough that HC is only a .500 coach since the greatest QB in the history of the NFL left...

Not nearly as much as they benefited from the opponent's HC who benched their best tackling corner for who knows what reason. Oddly enough that HC is only a .500 coach since the greatest QB in the history of the NFL left...
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

Let's not go down that road and say we did. Every thread doesn't need to devolve into that, or TB vs BB.

This is not a good look, IMO. Other teams are going to win, other teams get breaks from officiating. Pats would not have beaten the Raiders if not for the Tuck Rule. This looks like sour grapes in my opinion. We are bigger than this, by a lot.
Blasphemy I tell you or is it jealous hypocrites crying over another Team who'll be favorites again after hoisting another Lombardi.

I think it's becoming more like boxing than WWE. You gotta knock out the champ because if it goes to the scorecards, who knows. If Hurts dropped that ball on purpose then its WWE. I think they were on the way to the knockout when that happened.

I blame the refs for the Hurts fumble that led to the TD. I also blame them for the non-catch that was a non fumble that was a non-TD for the Chiefs D. I blame the refs for having the CB Bradberry actually admit after the game that it was a hold, and it was the right call. Bottom line is the Eagles sucked ever so slightly more. They should have started/played Butler.

That being said, I do appreciate Olsen for saying what most people were thinking. I mean I've seen Pats jerseys getting grabbed significantly more this season without it being called. Chiefs were probably going to kick a 32yd FG, and the Eagles were going to have about 1:45 left with a couple of time outs. Far from guaranteed, but I'll bet the NFL would've strongly preferred that the game go into OT if we're being honest with ourselves. Stop being... what do the kids say?... butthurt. Absolutely hate to admit it, but Andy Reid may have just entered the top 10 all time HC list.

Before you get too worked up over this, Eagles fans still think they got jobbed in Super Bowl 39. They think that Bill taped their practices and knew the game plan. Even after the win in 2018. Ask any one of them if they think the Pats cheated in SB 39. So I have little or no compassion for them today.

Regarding the referring, and in particular, the replay officials in NY, when are those idiots going to realize that "survives the ground" was removed from the definition of a catch? They mentioned it in regards to the Hunter Henry TD on Thanksgiving night and again last night on DeVonta Smith's clear catch just before halftime. He had control, got two feet down while running down the sideline (a "football move") - that's the definition of a catch. Then the replays started and all they concentrated on was the loss of control as he went to the ground which is no longer part of the NFL's catch rule. As a matter of fact, they even added terms stating specifically that losing control after gaining control is not grounds to overturn the ruling of a catch. That was a catch.
and
This was another example of the refs screwing the Eagles. They put all the focus on Smith "losing control of the ball" when he landed out of bounds but prior to that he had taken three steps in bounds with the ball, establishing control and securing the completion in bounds. What happened when he hit the ground is irrelevant.

Before you get too worked up over this, Eagles fans still think they got jobbed in Super Bowl 39. They think that Bill taped their practices and knew the game plan. Even after the win in 2018. Ask any one of them if they think the Pats cheated in SB 39. So I have little or no compassion for them today.
still hate the Chiefs more, even so with this theatralic behaviour and stupid interviews, who made the Chiefs underdogs Kelce? what the feck is this clown talking about, clear favorit by design were the Chiefs, since through the year got handed games by the officials and NFL, f#*k this team and the fake Goat actor

I didn't like the holding call for a momentary jersey grab, but regardless KC outplayed the Eagles decisively in the 2nd half and earned the win. Had the call not been made, the Eagles would've been down 3 from their 25, with about 1:40 left and 1 time out. Would have been interesting to see but I think the Chiefs still win.

As a Pats fan I didn't want to see either team win, would have much preferred Cinci to win it all. But 1 team had to lose and I like the idea of Eagles fans crying in their beers, they're the worst fans on earth and it's payback of sorts for the one they stole from us 5 years ago (where a juggling reception was called a TD).

Philadelphia fans are a ruthless mob deserving of zero compassion. Agreed. But the Eagles team got majorly screwed by the refs yesterday. Hurts was on the verge of a truly historic performance and he got denied the opportunity.

Blasphemy I tell you or is it jealous hypocrites crying over another Team who'll be favorites again after hoisting another Lombardi.
I dunno what it is, but it just seems pretty small minded to me. No team wins a SB without lucky breaks at some point during the season.

Mahomes should be considered a top level historic elite QB at this point, and you can see the trajectory of where his career is going. You'll easily put him in Canton if it continues at his current pace. I doubt very much he breaks Brady's records, but he's tracking in that direction. The trick will be to see what type of team they put around him for the remainder of his career and who coaches him after Reid.

Andy Reid deserves all the accolades that will come his way. A 24 year HC career of mostly sustained success, 2 rings, and led two separate franchises to the SB. He's already punched his ticket to Canton, now it's just to see where he finishes. Like Belichick, there's fewer wins in front than behind, but he 100% has earned the right to be considered among the NFL elite of coaches.

Dislike both teams, one had to win and one had to lose. Just glad it ended painfully for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes