PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it possible to get Larry Fitzgerald, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, how would you guys feel about ngata next to wilfork if we gave up mallet and a third?

I'd rather trade Mallett straight up for Watt.

I like the way you think!

THEN we give them a 5th for mallett and swing the ngata trade!

I appreciate the thoughtful thread by the OP, on a tough subject.

Some good points raised, especially the main one -- that the Cards might actually do a deal like this.

My own view is that BB would not do this deal because even tho he would love to have LF on this team, the CONTRACT IS THE PROBLEM. Too long, too much money. I would not see LF reducing his own payday, do you? And you cant really restructure since that would involve pushing the contract out past 36 years old!

So no, I dont see BB committing $11M / year for 7-8 years to a WR.

-- FRITZ

I'd rather trade Mallett straight up for Watt.

Yep, and then give up Bequette and 5th rounder in 2016 for Calvin Johnson and they are good to go.

I appreciate the thoughtful thread by the OP, on a tough subject.

Some good points raised, especially the main one -- that the Cards might actually do a deal like this.

My own view is that BB would not do this deal because even tho he would love to have LF on this team, the CONTRACT IS THE PROBLEM. Too long, too much money. I would not see LF reducing his own payday, do you? And you cant really restructure since that would involve pushing the contract out past 36 years old!

So no, I dont see BB committing $11M / year for 7-8 years to a WR.

-- FRITZ

Belichick gave Welker 9 million last season and he is on record saying Fitzgerald may well be the greatest WR in NFL history, he would do the deal in a heartbeat but no team, including the Cardinals, would be crazy enough to do so, and that includes the ghost of Al Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes