• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Most agree he's probably the GOAT coach but, in the salary cap era he's also managed to win five super bowls with final say on personal. Where's that put him all time?

Most agree he's probably the GOAT coach but, in the salary cap era he's also managed to win five super bowls with final say on personal. Where's that put him all time?

In the salary cap era?

BB
****bag Polian

Third answer actually confirms the first

BB the GM certainly kills BB the coach with this deep rosters forcing him to make painful decisions..

Polian has some of the worst human qualities as far as jealousy, slander, sour grapes, vindictive, poor sport, rule changer, hyprochrit. No class. Just my perception, could be biased as a Patriots fan but that's how he comes across to me. Can tell by listsning to sirius that he still hasn't got over his Patriot failures.

Had his success over the years, always falling short for the most part.

In the salary cap era?

BB
****bag Polian
I thought he was real good, not hall of fame worthy though..seems like a great fit for the jets since he hates the Patriots so much and give them somebody competent.

Third answer actually confirms the first

BB the GM certainly kills BB the coach with this deep rosters forcing him to make painful decisions..

MIKE, BB THE GM IS HURTING BB THE COACH!

I thought he was real good, not hall of fame worthy though..seems like a great fit for the jets since he hates the Patriots so much and give them somebody competent.
Be that as it may, he's definitely not deserving of the Hall.

I hate the SOB but Polian deserves credit. Great job with BUF. Great job with CAR. Great job with Indy (until the end).

With that said as a team builder he couldn't hold BB's jock.

Be that as it may, he's definitely not deserving of the Hall.
No way he's in if he's not a Colt unless he worked for the Steelers or Giants instead.

He's made his share of mistakes, but so has everyone. I don't see how he can't be the GOAT GM, personally. He's on the doorstep of orchestrating two different and separate dynasties in the salary cap era.

I'm not worried about GOAT Coach, QB, GM. I'm too busy enjoying the team.

But, if you had to ask me, I'd say he does a fantastic job because he and the coach are so in sync with what they are looking for, how the players fits into the team and talent evaluation.

Best in the salary cap era along with O. Newsome. Tough to place all time though.

Bill Walsh was an unbelievable team builder. Steelers of the 70's had a few of the best drafts in history.

BB deals with salary cap issues a year or more before they come up. He deals with aging players or players likely to leave in free agency a year early. Other GM's think in the now rather than long term. Belichick doesn't have to worry about that because his job security is a luxury, but his discipline is still impressive.

I've consistently wanted to throw caution to the wind and go for it now to take advantage of Brady before he gets too old. That's been my attitude for probably a half dozen years and I think the attitude of most fans. Belichick doesn't bite, he's always thinking about the long term success of the team. And it keeps paying off. He's an awesome GM.

Your Honor...the case for Ozzie Newsome collapses when I introduce the most damaging evidence........Joe Flacco was given a max deal

BB is a 10/10 coach a 6/10 talent evaluator a 10/10 cap manager and 10/10 trader. I think all these things are separate and he is great at everything but talent evaluation. He isn't bad. Just above average though but some skill sets he can eye better than others. He tends to make it a point to have great scouts and talent evaluators around him though. Just my opinion.

BB is clearly a 10 in all of those categories. I have no idea how he could be better at GM (unless he had a time machine).

He has built & rebuilt winners. Even his worst seasons have been great in NE.

I don't actually disagree with Bob Digital by much. I'd give him a 7/10 in talent evaluation assuming that he means talent evaluation of college players. He has his share of hits and misses. I crunched the numbers comparing Belichick vs. other teams in drafting as measured by Pro Football Reference's "Career Average" rating. I found that for any one particular pick, Belichick is about the 10th best drafter in getting value for that pick.

But cumulatively, he's accumulated so many additional picks over time through trades and comp picks that he is top 2 or 3 in receiving cumulative value through the draft. And that doesn't even account for Goodell's pick theft, always drafting in the back of the draft, UDFA's, and trading picks for talent.

If you could get any GM to pick one pick for you, you might not pick Belichick. But if you could get any GM to run your entire draft for you, you definitely would. He's like a baseball player with a .800 OPS who manages to get 100 more plate appearances than anyone else, and thus is among the best in the league in total value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back