PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting cuts and transactions throughout the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously this dude must have lost his way or something...he had close to 1k yards receiving 3 years in a row and only 27 yrs old and can't hang with a club?

9815726c3e60793994ca8995311e1ba0.png

He went from WR to wr. Explains it all!

Seriously this dude must have lost his way or something...he had close to 1k yards receiving 3 years in a row and only 27 yrs old and can't hang with a club?

9815726c3e60793994ca8995311e1ba0.png
Chip Kelly’s offense, perhaps?

He had 3 good years in Philly...then was never the same after for whatever reason.

8a64b18ea622ef0595720b4d03509f62.jpg

99396d2eaabde8571eb299608d6b788c.png

Steelers release Donte Moncrief, promote practice-squad running back | TribLIVE.com

The tenure is over for what will go down as one of the worst free-agent signings in Pittsburgh Steelers history.

Veteran receiver Donte Moncrief was released Saturday, less than eight months after signing a two-year, $9 million contract to, in part, replace Antonio Brown. A 6-foot-2 and with good speed, Moncrief looked the part during training camp until a finger injury limited his practice time.

His regular-season Steelers debut was a nightmare: four dropped passes, three catches for seven yards. He let another ball go through his hands for an interception during Week 2 and from that point was an afterthought in the offense.

Last edited:
Given where we are, could it terrible to bring in Inman? He might actually be able to run the playbook and occasionally separate. After all, we have another month to learn before the playoffs.

To put it another way, is there a decent shot that Inman MIGHT be good enough to contribute in the playoffs?

Could be contribute more than one of Dorsett, Harry, Meyers or Sanu?
======
Would Inman be more valuable on the 53 than the injured Cowart, who it seems is headed for the IR.

He had 3 good years in Philly...then was never the same after for whatever reason.

I, for one, would be pissed. The POG "retired" after signing with the Pats, but then comes out to help the PACKERS???

Given where we are, could it terrible to bring in Inman? He might actually be able to run the playbook and occasionally separate. After all, we have another month to learn before the playoffs.

To put it another way, is there a decent shot that Inman MIGHT be good enough to contribute in the playoffs?

Could be contribute more than one of Dorsett, Harry, Meyers or Sanu?
======
Would Inman be more valuable on the 53 than the injured Cowart, who it seems is headed for the IR.
He signed with Indy.

I, for one, would be pissed. The POG "retired" after signing with the Pats, but then comes out to help the PACKERS???

The Patriots couldn't afford to have his $3.5m salary hit their cap. They may have been willing to bring him back on a lower contract, but the Packers claimed him off waivers because they were willing to pay him his full contract at $850k or whatever per remaining game.

The Patriots couldn't afford to have his $3.5m salary hit their cap. They may have been willing to bring him back on a lower contract, but the Packers claimed him off waivers because they were willing to pay him his full contract at $850k or whatever per remaining game.

I guess I missed Veldheer being waived. Still doesn't change that he's a POG because he could have come back to the Pats at the start of the season and we wouldn't have had to deal with Newhouse.

No, we wouldn't have had to deal with all the losses we had while Newhouse was here. Surely, we would have done much better with Veldheer. Really?

It has been clear that the PRIMARY problem has not been with the OL, even though we do need help there. Brady has had lots more time to throw now that Wynn is back. However, this has NOT helped.

The problem is the receivers, other than Edelman and White. A team simply double teams Edelman and puts a top CB on White. They often put an extra man in the box. Then, they basically dare Brady to beat them with other receivers. Brady will do that this week, and we will celebrate. And then? And then? And then?

I guess I missed Veldheer being waived. Still doesn't change that he's a POG because he could have come back to the Pats at the start of the season and we wouldn't have had to deal with Newhouse.

It has been clear that the PRIMARY problem has not been with the OL, even though we do need help there. Brady has had lots more time to throw now that Wynn is back. However, this has NOT helped.

I disagree completely and vehemently.

I think the OL is the absolute main problem this season and that includes TEs. While Wynn has helped a bit he has had his fair share of issues while learning on the fly. If I had to give out a number I'd say the issues are 60% on the OL, 25% on skill players and 15% on Brady.

They can't consistently run block, don't have their protections right to the point that a blitzing DB blows up 4 running plays unblocked against the Texans on the first drive. It seems like they are alternating with who has problems during pass blocking to the point that Brady rarely gets the time he needs or until longer developing routes get open.

It is an absolute cluster****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye