PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injuries piling up for Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's too bad. I mean really it's too bad. I really mean that it's too bad.

None of those seem that it will effect them the playoffs. But, there are two more weeks.

Diem's injury could take longer then 4 weeks remember Seymour had a similar injury. The pats may have given him a little longer to get ready because it was the regular season, he may have been able to come back early had it been the playoffs.

"A fractured bone in Marvin Harrison's right hand and Peyton Manning's swollen knee won't necessarily keep the Indianapolis Colts' prolific passing tandem out of Saturday's game at Seattle.

The preliminary prognosis isn't so encouraging for several of their teammates.
Along with suffering their first loss of the season, a 26-17 setback at the hands of San Diego on Sunday, the Colts exited the game with medical concerns that definitely will keep linebacker Cato June (ankle/knee/groin) and offensive tackle Ryan Diem (knee) on the sideline for the remainder of the regular season. Diem sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee and will likely require four weeks to heal.

Moreover, team president Bill Polian, on his Monday evening radio show, indicated safety Bob Sanders (back) might "sit for the remainder of the (regular) season'' and defensive end Dwight Freeney (foot) would play at Seattle only if "it's an absolute emergency.'' Sanders strained muscles in his back while amassing a season-high 20 tackles against the Chargers. Freeney aggravated an injury to his right foot that has bothered him much of the season.

Other medical matters stemming from the game include a sprained knee by defensive tackle Montae Reagor and sprained ankle by cornerback Nick Harper. Reagor was scheduled to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging test Monday to determine the severity of his injury.

Further compounding the situation are foot injuries that forced defensive end Robert Mathis and defensive tackle Corey Simon to miss the San Diego game. Coach Tony Dungy indicated both likely will not play at Seattle."

I was beginning to think Polian had changed a rule when nobody was looking that precluded Colt injuries. Welcome to our world, Bill. A world in which the Colts are now not only imperfect but dealing with double digit injury reports.

PATSNUTme said:
Well, that's too bad. I mean really it's too bad. I really mean that it's too bad. QUOTE]
I second this feeling

Interesting but I doubt any of these injuries will be a factor come
their first playoff game. which is about 4weeks away.

I wouldn't even doubt the injury thing is hyped so they can sit the guys
they want to protect for the last two weeks without getting negative
publicity.

mgcolby said:
Diem's injury could take longer then 4 weeks remember Seymour had a similar injury. The pats may have given him a little longer to get ready because it was the regular season, he may have been able to come back early had it been the playoffs.

He couldn't last year with the same injury. Missed the first two playoff games (remember we shut down Indy's prolific offense without him). That's usually a 4-6 week recovery.

If Dungy really ends up resting most of his starters (including the injured for the next 3 weeks, their timing could revert to the preseason. They went 0-5 in the preseason, and their offense was MIA for the first few weeks of the regular season too. Risky business.

It was bound to catch up with them sooner or later. They did go for a pretty good stretch without any injuries to key players.

I don't wish injuries on anyone. Well, except for the Ray Lewis-, TO-, Mawae-types.

PATSNUTme said:
Well, that's too bad. I mean really it's too bad. I really mean that it's too bad.

Yeah. It is really a shame...

I don't want any excuses if we beat them. I hope they are all ready to go by the Divisional Round. However, I agree that the longer they sit out, the greater the chances are that they might be a little rusty for that 1st playoff game.

Bahhh humbug. Humbug I say. Now that the streak has ended they want to "rest" players for the play offs. Bill Polian, on his Monday evening radio show, indicated safety Bob Sanders (back) might "sit for the remainder of the (regular) season'' and defensive end Dwight Freeney (foot) would play at Seattle only if "it's an absolute emergency.''... ..."Peyton Manning's swollen knee "? Gimme a break. If they were still going for the perfect season (Which meant nothing to them. Yeah right :D) you wouldn't hear of any of these so called injuries.

What double digit Injury Report??

I was beginning to think Polian had changed a rule when nobody was looking that precluded Colt injuries. Welcome to our world, Bill. A world in which the Colts are now not only imperfect but dealing with double digit injury reports.[/QUOTE]

What double digit injury report is that? The Colts are bemoaning a report that lists perhaps 7, the number after 6, the number before 8, as an unprecedented and very long Injury Report. The trainer wailed that its "...likely twice as many as any other this season ..."

Crocodile tears for the poor ponies!! Even as we "get healthy" there were thirteen on the Pats Report, as well as 10 on Injured Reserve.

MoLewisrocks said:
He couldn't last year with the same injury. Missed the first two playoff games (remember we shut down Indy's prolific offense without him). That's usually a 4-6 week recovery.

If Dungy really ends up resting most of his starters (including the injured for the next 3 weeks, their timing could revert to the preseason. They went 0-5 in the preseason, and their offense was MIA for the first few weeks of the regular season too. Risky business.

I remembered the injury and him missing the first 2 playoff games but I couldn't remember when he sustained the injury.

Mosi Moose said:
I don't want any excuses if we beat them. I hope they are all ready to go by the Divisional Round. However, I agree that the longer they sit out, the greater the chances are that they might be a little rusty for that 1st playoff game.

they are down to their last excuse. We will play them in their place like they wanted. We will beat them in their place like we have the last 2 times that we played them there.

C'mon, this really doesn't come as a surprise does it? They always have an excuse for losing "big games" (IMO losing the undefeated streak was a big game at least to SD) but there were no more rules to change and they got a good amount of defensive holding calls for them so they couldn't use that.

then they can have all there players healty for when the CHAMPS roll into town to wooooooooooooops some ass :rocker:

MoLewisrocks I was beginning to think Polian had changed a rule when nobody was looking that precluded Colt injuries. Welcome to our world said:
Possible rule change would be this. Petitioned the rules committee that due to all their injuries, they might not be able to field their 1st string team for the remainder of the year, so the NFL should just end the season now and give them the BB trophy......

Uh....here's the best stat of the year...the one that illustrates the league is desperate to get Peytie and his Pout to the Super Bowl

through 14 games...ZERO pass interference penalties called on the Dolts

think about THAT....none....an impossibility in a normal, level playing field

Some day in a few years, all the skullduggery and Machiavellian machinations of this Steinbrenner wannabe,Polian, will come to light

Their whole season is a sham. End of story

Last edited:
Poor poor Colts. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The Colts will not advance past the divisional playoffs but it won't be the injuries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots