PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy's loss = reason for Pats to be optimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Chargers played Manning exactly like the Pats had over the past few years. Let Edge get his yards (by scheme, although the Chargers did a good job making plays) and get pressure on Manning without blitzing. And to top it off beat up the WR's with or without the ball. With the Pats secondary having time to gel and the DL getting healthy again they'll have the personel to execute that scheme, unlike last time.

The Pats D just might be back!

jeffd said:
The Chargers played Manning exactly like the Pats had over the past few years. Let Edge get his yards (by scheme, although the Chargers did a good job making plays) and get pressure on Manning without blitzing. And to top it off beat up the WR's with or without the ball. With the Pats secondary having time to gel and the DL getting healthy again they'll have the personel to execute that scheme, unlike last time.

The Pats D just might be back!

They proved they can be beaten in Indy. Pats clinched div. What a great weekend for football. :D

I agree, but there are three games to play before we can play the Colts. The key to me is getting healthy and STAYING healthy throughout those three games.

BTW, amazing stat quoted by game announcers yesterday:

The Colts have not lost one starter on offense or defense all year. They still have their original 22. How the heck do they do it?

The Chargers actually blitzed a lot, especially in the 4th quarter. It was great to see them get to Manning so easily, it'll give us some tape to look at to blitz, at times, when we play them.

With Colvin, in essence, replaing TJ/Phifer from last year, our blitz options are sick now with Willie, Tedy, Colvin and Vrabel all great going after the QB.

Yeah, I hope the Bengals win just so we'll know we're locked in our spot and can rest our boys up.

BelichickFan said:
The Chargers actually blitzed a lot, especially in the 4th quarter. It was great to see them get to Manning so easily, it'll give us some tape to look at to blitz, at times, when we play them.

With Colvin, in essence, replaing TJ/Phifer from last year, our blitz options are sick now with Willie, Tedy, Colvin and Vrabel all great going after the QB.

definalty man that kid Merriman is going ot be a star he got to Manning so easily he pushed Lineman TE's RB'S WR's or who ever was in his way out of his way and got in Manning face it was unbelivable

PromisedLand said:

The Colts have not lost one starter on offense or defense all year. They still have their original 22. How the heck do they do it?

They also mentioned the Colts have not had one pass interference penalty all year. Hmmmmm.
rolleyes.gif

Michael said:
They also mentioned the Colts have not had one pass interference penalty all year. Hmmmmm.
rolleyes.gif

becuse all the teams theyve played have had great WR's :rolleyes:

Michael said:
Yeah, that didn't seem remotely possible with how aggressive their defense is.

it's just becuse there DB's are so perfect in every aspect of there game :bricks:

PromisedLand said:

Because they've played a succession of scrimmages that the league had the audacity to pawn of on us as real games.

(As for any Colt fans out there who want to shout out, "What about you? We beat you guys - BIG TIME!", I can only say, yes, you did...beat our Junior Varsity. But the big boys are coming back - healthy, rested, hungry, and more than a little pissed. We'll see you next month - if you can make it there!)

They have talented players, yes, but when the differential presents itself week after week, you find that, as a talented player, you are not getting any better, you're not developing.

Consequently, the Colts you see now are as good as they're going to be for the rest of the season.

That should give both them and their fans great pause.

As for the pass interference thing, what can you say? I mean, it's only a matter of time till we all figure out the Emperor has no clothes. The TV guys were just blurting out what's going to become painfully obvious in just a little while.

I'm really looking forward to that!

PromisedLand said:
I agree, but there are three games to play before we can play the Colts. The key to me is getting healthy and STAYING healthy throughout those three games.

That statement is not true. For instance, Corey Simmon did not play against San Diego. Cato June missed the game before that. I know Clark, Doss and Harper missed at least one game. It's probably more correct to say they haven't lost any starters for the year. Though that my change Diem has and MCL isssue fromthe Chargers game, they are waiting for an MRI.

Michael said:
rolleyes.gif

I'm not so sure this is true either. I could haven't sworn that I have seen them get flagged for this before. If not pass interference, they have had plenty of illegal contacts and defensive holding calls against their secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back