PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

I suppose, but there was not enough detail in that statement to answer the quesitons I have.

You challenged me as to whether Martin alleges bullying. I find the lawyer conclusive on that point.

To be clear: I think it's been established that Martin is making the allegation. Whether you believe the charge his lawyer has expressed on his behalf is another matter.

NFLPA acknowledges the Incognito grievance:

Richie Incognito filed a non-injury grievance against his employer, the Miami Dolphins, pursuant to his rights under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The grievance challenges his suspension for conduct which was alleged to have occurred while he was with the club. In the grievance, Incognito requests that the hearing be held on an expedited basis so that he can immediately resume playing for the team. The NFL Players Association will continue to protect the rights of all players.

https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/Press-Releases/NFLPA-Statement-on-Miami-Dolphins-Grievance/

A member of the Martin camp said a few days ago that the Dolphins know more than they have let on publicly regarding his emotional issues. (We’ll reserve judgment until Ted Wells’ report is released.) The source said the Dolphins should have realized something was wrong when he skipped two days of offseason practices.

Fox’s Howie Long said Monday night that he has been “led to believe” the Dolphins “knew prior to this season there was a major problem, as major as you can get” with Martin and that the team knew for awhile he was “emotionally unstable.”

Fins address tipping-off-play controversy; Incognito/Martin buzz; Heat, Canes notes | Sports Buzz

If the report is true that the Dolphins knew of serious mental health issues Martin had last season, they're kind of screwed vis-a-vis him no matter what. All the more so because Martin's family is versed at employment law.

I'm not sure what they gain by suspending Incognito, however. A general message to the remaining 52 players of "Tone it down, right now, whether or not you agree it's necessary" would seem to be more to the point.

That's simply not true. Either you haven't bothered to read the thread, or you've decided to completely ignore it.

And, yet again, you get it wrong. It's evidence of an absence (in this case, the absence of a negative response), which was what my point was.

I'm trying to figure out whether the problem is that you don't know what the word assumption means, or that you do know what it means but prefer to keep tossing out strawmen.

Reading is fundamental. You should actually read the thread, and the articles, and listen to the Carter clip, before posting.

Here's me, for example, AVOIDING assumptions:

And here are current, and former, OL teammates talking about the "N" word, its impact on how they viewed Incognito, and the issues or, rather, the absence of any issues, it caused among those not named Jonathan Martin (and even among those who are named Jonathan Martin):

Again, I'm not the one making assumptions here. You're the one doing that.

lets see...insult, insult, insult...... thats about par for the course for you.

This has become comical. Now your "proof" that no one had an issue is the fact that you don't see it on the video. So lack of anyone doing anything is proof of their acceptance of the actions of RI? You're going to stick with that stupidity? So if I showed you a video of a crowd of people watching someone getting beaten down and not stopping it you would conclude from that that they all approve of the beating the person was taking? I mean, they didn't try to stop it so they must approve of it, right?

lets see...insult, insult, insult...... thats about par for the course for you.

This has become comical. Now your "proof" that no one had an issue is the fact that you don't see it on the video. So lack of anyone doing anything is proof of their acceptance of the actions of RI? You're going to stick with that stupidity? So if I showed you a video of a crowd of people watching someone getting beaten down and not stopping it you would conclude from that that they all approve of the beating the person was taking? I mean, they didn't try to stop it so they must approve of it, right?

It's not my fault that you either don't seem to understand the meaning of the word assumption or you haven't read the thread, or both, and it's not my fault that you keep trying to build strawmen. Pointing that stuff out is not insulting you. It's pointing out the obvious.

Even here, after I've gone over this in post after post, you keep trying to create strawmen. Here's a perfect example, specifically regarding the video:

So lack of anyone doing anything is proof of their acceptance of the actions of RI

When I referenced the video, my words were:

"it was not shown to be a problem" and your comment in response was:

So you've determined from a video that Pouncey is OK with being called a nigger by his white teammate?

Those statements are clearly not saying the same thing, and you're clearly trying to put words into my mouth.

Any new developments in this case?

“I’m a black man. I use the ‘N’ word,” Barkley said. “I’m going to continue to use the ‘N’ word with my black friends, with my white friends. They are my friends.”

Barkley believes that is what is said in the locker room should stay in the locker room, referring to the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin saga in Miami where Martin accused Incognito of bullying and calling him the ‘N’ word.

“The language we use sometimes it’s homophobic, sometimes it’s sexist, and a lot of times it’s racist. We do that when we’re joking with our teammates and it’s nothing personal,” Barkley said.

Barkley also said he’s tired of “regular people” trying to make sports politically correct.

Barkley: ?What I Do With My Black Friends Is Not Up To White America To Dictate? « CBS Atlanta

The word "nigger" no matter how you use it or in what atmosphere you use it, is a derogatory term. There is absolutely nothing positive about the use of that word.

You oversimplify. Many people say insulting things to each other, insincerely, with warmth. E.g., my late father and I had a stylized, bilingual exchange:

Dad: Aschloch.
Me: It's a heritable trait.
Dad: Stop insulting your mother.
Me: I wasn't.

What can safely be said about words like "nigger", however, is that they are risky at best unless you're very sure of what you're doing.

I don't get all this hoopla...every time I hear someone scream out "hey azzole!" I always turn around...what's the problem?

after watching martin walk through the camera with a big smile on his face and then reading a few words off of a paper written by his lawyer I have a feeling this is all about the money

Any new developments in this case?

You can answer questions like this by perusing two key sites for current and late-breaking NFL news:

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

nfl.com

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes