PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm on Team Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rappaport I believe it was thinks Hoyer is the starter week 1 I don't think anymore needs to be said.
Other then F&*k
Rappofart making predictions in April....good for him

The thought of watching a team with Brian Hoyer as the starting quarterback is far too depressing at the current moment, so he better be either all in on Stidham or willing to draft or sign someone else.

The thought of watching a team with Brian Hoyer as the starting quarterback is far too depressing at the current moment, so he better be either all in on Stidham or willing to draft or sign someone else.

The fact Bill kept Stidham over Hoyer last year should tell you something...

No question.

Stid is starting Week 1 (whenever that will be)

Fourth round picks typically don’t get cut, but I’d say it spoke that Hoyer wasn’t kept around to be backup another year.

No question.

Stid is starting Week 1 (whenever that will be)

Unless some sort of miracle happens in the draft and Tua drops, then yes. Even then I think the Pats would prefer Stid over Tua. Stid should have been a 1st round pick, or so I've heard

Question: Did anyone hear Brady ever mention Stidham in any regard? He became Cassell's close friend, used to refer to Jimmy and Jacoby as his wolf pack, all above get to ride with him to the Kentucky Derby, etc.

It doesn't have much to do with how well Stidham will work out. Just curious.

Question: Did anyone hear Brady ever mention Stidham in any regard? He became Cassell's close friend, used to refer to Jimmy and Jacoby as his wolf pack, all above get to ride with him to the Kentucky Derby, etc.

It doesn't have much to do with how well Stidham will work out. Just curious.
Stidham had great things to say about Tom. How much he helped mentor him. But I doubt Tom had much time to really get to know him plus he knew he was leaving at the end of the season.

Maybe. Hoyer was 3x-4x more expensive, that might factor into a decision about a player you plan on not playing. I.e., Hoyer could've played better, but not enough justify the extra costs.

So far the team has opted for a vet. min backup in Hoyer & not to draft a QB in the top 100 picks. Speaks to their evaluation on his progress.

I think Bill wants to build a team like the 2001 team. Get physical linebackers and rely on the defense and only ask Stidham to be a game manager. Brady was a game manager until around 2005. He didnt become the Brady that lit it up until 2006ish.

Worst case scenario is the season stinks and Patriots get chance to pick in the top-5 in 2021 draft !!

There won't be many teams vying for a QB, save the Patriots. Maybe Jaguars.

1. Trevor Lawrence*, QB, Clemson

Lawrence could have been the No. 1 pick in the last two drafts. The 6-6, 220-pound quarterback has 66 TDs and 12 interceptions the last two season, and he's added 10 rushing TDs. He's the kind of quarterback who generates hype reserved for former No. 1 picks such as John Elway, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, and he will be the presumed top pick unless something drastic happens in 2020.

2. Justin Fields*, QB, Ohio State

Don't sleep on Fields, who was a Heisman Trophy finalist after a flawless transition to Ryan Day's offense at Ohio State. Fields passed for 41 TDs last season with just three interceptions, and it's that blend of great decision-making combined with the ability to run (484 yards, 10 TDs) that will translate as a franchise quarterback. The rivalry with Lawrence extends back to the Elite 11 camp, and this is the next chapter.

3. Jamie Newman, Georgia
Newman accounted for 2,868 passing yards, 574 yards and 32 total TDs with Wake Forest last season, but he is now a graduate transfer at a top-five program in Georgia. He will be paired with former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken, and that should offer a preview of what this dual-threat quarterback will be able to do at the next level.

Newman could be next year’s version of Jalen Hurts at the college level and at the NFL Combine.

4. Kellen Mond, Texas A&M
Mond took over as the starter as a freshman with the Aggies, and he has put up 52 TDs to just 24 interceptions. He had 501 rushing yards and eight TDs last season, and the 6-3, 217-pounder will be among the best second-tier quarterbacks on the board.

He could sneak into the first round like Utah State’s Jordan Love did in 2020.

5. KJ Costello, Mississippi State
Costello played in 29 games at Stanford the last three seasons, but a concussion and thumb injury cut last season short. He transferred to Mississippi State, where the numbers will be there in Mike Leach’s pass-happy offense.

Gardner Minshew and Luke Falk have stuck on NFL rosters in recent seasons. Costello’s experiences with the Cardinal and Bulldogs will give him a shot, too.

6. Sam Ehlinger, Texas
Ehlinger will be one of the more interesting quarterbacks on the board next year because of his unique skillset. The 6-3, 230-pound quarterback returned for his senior year, and he has piled up 68 passing TDs and 25 rushing TDs with the Longhorns.

Ehlinger’s accuracy has improved with each season, and that will need to continue heading into the next level.

7. Tanner Morgan, Minnesota
Morgan fit well in P.J. Fleck’s offense, and it didn’t hurt to have Tyler Johnson and Rashod Bateman to throw to, as well.

Morgan averaged 10.2 yards per passing attempt and finished with 30 TDs and just 7 interceptions. He isn’t a threat in the running game, and that could be held against him over some more mobile QBs.

8. Brock Purdy, Iowa State
Purdy has 43 TDs and just 16 interceptions in two seasons with the Cyclones, and another year with Matt Campbell should foster the development. Purdy also has 13 rushing TDs and is mobile in a 6-1, 210-pound frame.

9. Kyle Trask, Florida
Trask’s star took off last season when he stepped in for an injured Feleipe Franks. Trask improved with each week in Dan Mullen’s system, and he finished with 2,941 yards, 25 TDs and just 7 interceptions.

He has the size at 6-5, 239 pounds that will at least generate a middle-round look.

Making the post season would be a successful year for Stidham assuming that he just doesnt ride the defense there.

Its really kind of exciting rolling with a new QB. I look forward to more downfield throws.

Making the post season would be a successful year for Stidham assuming that he just doesnt ride the defense there.

Its really kind of exciting rolling with a new QB. I look forward to more downfield throws.

Or a legit RPO offense.

Downfield throws to who exactly?

Stidham could be the next HOF qb if he had AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes