PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know?

Re: I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know

Might a dumb question but I'm coming up from Halifax N.S for my first Pats game Nov 9th VS Giants. Are face value tickets ever released at this point or are they all gonzo? Is stub hub/ebay my only option?

Re: I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know

Might a dumb question but I'm coming up from Halifax N.S for my first Pats game Nov 9th VS Giants. Are face value tickets ever released at this point or are they all gonzo? Is stub hub/ebay my only option?

Some tickets typically become available shortly before a game (unused tickets allocated to opposing team, etc.), but those get snapped up very quickly. My suggestion is to join the Patriots' season ticket waiting list. You'll need to make a $100 deposit, but that's fully refundable. That allows you to get in on the team's ticket exchange, where you can buy tickets from other season ticket holders for face value.

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Tickets

Good luck!

Forget these jaded fellows telling you to park FAR away and slip out before the crowds. This is your FIRST time, make the MOST of it. Parking lots open 4 hours before the game (wink wink, a little earlier than that). Show up then, bring a grill, make friends, drink beer, ENJOY yourself. Seriously, I have made so many friends and met so many interesting people, and shared in the culinary wisdom of the greater New England area. It is a truly great experience.

Park in p10, right across from the stadium, its 40 bucks, but its worth it. After the game, break the grill back out and have some burgers (sober up, cause your car isn't moving for another hour) and ENJOY YOURSELF.

The most exciting part of the day is when you take that long walk into the stadium. It gets the blood pumping, it gets everyone excited, it makes you loud, it brings out chants, you will want to run through a brick wall, trust me. ENJOY YOURSELF!

And before you say anything about the long drive, I've from South western CT, so i know its a haul, but this is what we live for! Friends, fans, beer, food, PATS FOOTBALL. ENJOY YOURSELF!

This is good advice. I stopped worrying about getting home from the game quickly years ago. I don't even bother to try to beat traffic anymore, it's just not worth the hassle. I simply break out the grill after the game and hang out for another hour. And I'd much rather be closer to the stadium for tailgating anyway...it's a better vibe. And btw I just realized that this thread was from last year.

Last edited:

That's ok, we can rejuvenate this thread from last year...I'm coming from NS and am wondering if we should bring our car and set up our own tailgating, or get a cab/shuttle from the hotel we're staying at in Sharon?? If we go without our car, we have no tailgating equip/beer/food etc...so should we bring our gear, or just go and hope for the best makign freiends??

I was wondering a lot of the same things, Sweetpea. We'll be going to a game on 11/6, and this will be our first time tailgating. We've contemplated renting an RV to have comfortable tailgating, but at the cost of parking ($140 for an RV in the official lots), not sure it's worth it?? And then there's the tickets... yikes... Certainly not a cheap hobby we have!
:eek:

Regardless, we'll be going, but since we're sort of newbies, and definitely new at the tailgating, and a new user of the forum so I can't post my own new post, I'm definitely looking to other posters and seasoned professionals to help us out!:D

Me too...let's hope some experienced folks come on here and give us the scoop!!

i cant make my own forum yet but me and my brother are coming up from nova scotia, canada for our first nfl game for the pats against the colts and want to get in on the tailgaiting but have no idea what to do, we will not have a vehicle so would like some advice or an invite to someones tailgate party! thanks

This thread makes me sad, as the chances of me ever getting to a Patriots game in Foxborough are slim to none. :mad:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back